I am using Pixel 3XL at the moment. The blackberry hub+ service v1.6.2.52883 has been in active use since the full charge. It has been the top on the power consumption list in the past few days.

Is this supposed to be expected?Power drain of BlackBerry Hub+ service.-screenshot_20181108-174334.jpeg
    11-08-18 01:49 AM
    27 hours of battery life is good for most Android devices.
    PHughes likes this.
    11-08-18 09:46 AM
    27 hours of battery life is good for most Android devices.
    Hi @LiamQ, is that normal for Hub+ service to use that much power in 8 hours? Hub+ service never runs in the background, which is 0 mins of use, and always in active use.

And I have deleted beta version, and installed normal one on playstore. This time, it is still about 8 hours active use, and battery is 1% after reinstallation.

I will report back once I fully charge my phone again. If it does not reach the same level of consumption as the beta version, then there might be some issues with the beta.
    11-08-18 02:40 PM
    @LiamQ there might be an issue with latest beta.

Here is the screenshot for my today's usage after full charge using official version on play store. You can see only 2% power use for Hub+ service after almost 8 hours "active use" and still 0 mins in the background. Power drain of BlackBerry Hub+ service.-screenshot_20181109-171414.jpeg
    11-09-18 01:17 AM
    BlackBerry Hub+ Services is essentially always in the foreground on Android 8.0+ due to the new restrictions on background services (https://developer.android.com/about/...reo/background).

That doesn't mean that it's using more battery though. Having BlackBerry Hub+ Services consume 2% of battery is quite reasonable.
    11-09-18 09:52 AM
    BlackBerry Hub+ Services is essentially always in the foreground on Android 8.0+ due to the new restrictions on background services (https://developer.android.com/about/...reo/background).

That doesn't mean that it's using more battery though. Having BlackBerry Hub+ Services consume 2% of battery is quite reasonable.
    @LiamQ I was reporting the issue with current beta version in my first post, which used 7% of power after 8 hours, while the official release is only 2%. And after 13 hours of active use, the official release power consumption is still 2%.

So could you investigate the beta version to see why it use that much power compared to the standard release?
    11-09-18 02:12 PM
    It's not valid to compare 7% to 2% when you're comparing different time frames, with different usage of the device.
    11-09-18 02:15 PM
    It's not valid to compare 7% to 2% when you're comparing different time frames, with different usage of the device.
    It's the same time for a working day after I fully charged my phone in the morning. And as you can see in the second pic I had more usage for other apps as well. The emails and msgs received were not lesser than before. As I said, even after 13 hours, the official release of Hub+ still consumed 2% of power, but it was 9% with the beta version after 13 hours. After this I changed to the official release.

I sent an email with a screenshot to the support but seems the email is no longer valid.
    Last edited by Fred Wu; 11-09-18 at 02:36 PM.
    11-09-18 02:26 PM
    Here is the sceeenshot after 13 hours before I deleted the beta version.
    Attached Thumbnails Power drain of BlackBerry Hub+ service.-screenshot_20181108-220434.jpg  
    11-09-18 02:38 PM
    I have reported this issue already back in August and it has never been fixed. since Android Pie last DP I have the issue with BlackBerry Hub Service draining power. Clearing cache and rebooting solves the problem for two days then it comes back. I have up to 20 to 30 % power consumption. I am always on the latest beta.
    Fred Wu likes this.
    11-14-18 11:35 AM