Two of the best features of BB10 deserve and android appearance.
    08-24-18 10:49 PM
    Unfortunately, don't think you'll see either of those return.
    08-25-18 09:02 AM
    The two most commonly requested missing apps that coming from BB10. I curse the lack of bedside mode weekly. Obviously it must be impossible to duplicate on Android.
    08-25-18 09:42 AM
    Bedside mode is great but now I just turn on "Do not Disturb". It works very nice, too.
    08-27-18 04:17 AM
    Bedside mode is great but now I just turn on "Do not Disturb". It works very nice, too.
    Me too, but for the clock I have to use a separate app called Night Clock. Bedside Mode had DnD + Bedside Mode all in one package.
    08-28-18 04:37 PM
    Me too, but for the clock I have to use a separate app called Night Clock. Bedside Mode had DnD + Bedside Mode all in one package.
    But, Night Clock come on automatically when you charge the phone, if you are using DayDream in Marshmallow, or ScreenSaver in Oreo and above, they changed the name. The clock that came with the phone also has a dimmed option that can be used with DayDream, or ScreenSaver. It, also can be invoked in the clock app itself by clicking the upper right hand corner, and selecting screensaver.

So if you have it set to come on when charging, all you need to do is set the phone to do not disturb, then place the phone on to charge. Not really that different than Bedside Mode. With bedside mode, you had to start it, it did not automatically come on, so the steps to use it and DayDream/Screensaver are the same, one, pull down, select Do Not Disturb, then charge the phone normally and the clock will come on and dim automatically.

People make way too much of this. You can do the same with Android, of you take the time to learn what is available. Unfortunately, too many people have never heard of DayDream/Screensaver, despite the fact it has been there for some time now.
    08-28-18 05:26 PM
    But, Night Clock come on automatically when you charge the phone, if you are using DayDream in Marshmallow, or ScreenSaver in Oreo and above, they changed the name. The clock that came with the phone also has a dimmed option that can be used with DayDream, or ScreenSaver. It, also can be invoked in the clock app itself by clicking the upper right hand corner, and selecting screensaver.

So if you have it set to come on when charging, all you need to do is set the phone to do not disturb, then place the phone on to charge. Not really that different than Bedside Mode. With bedside mode, you had to start it, it did not automatically come on, so the steps to use it and DayDream/Screensaver are the same, one, pull down, select Do Not Disturb, then charge the phone normally and the clock will come on and dim automatically.

People make way too much of this. You can do the same with Android, of you take the time to learn what is available. Unfortunately, too many people have never heard of DayDream/Screensaver, despite the fact it has been there for some time now.
    I know about Daydreaming, but the problem is I can't select a color for the clock as I want the red color that Bedside Mode had, so I have to use a 3rd party app for that.
    08-29-18 03:40 AM
    I know about Daydreaming, but the problem is I can't select a color for the clock as I want the red color that Bedside Mode had, so I have to use a 3rd party app for that.
    Well, I think you should probably focus on the fact there is actually an app available to do what you want, rather than the fact it wasn't part of the clock app in Android. In other words, you could get an app for Android to do what you want. On the other hand, you didn't need an app to have a red, dimmed clock in BB10, but needed apps for other things, and they didn't exist.

There is truly no need for Blackberry to waste efforts on creating a dimmed, red clock, when there is a dimmed clock already included with Android. If someone needs a different color, they can get it easily, as you did, and as I did.
    08-29-18 01:02 PM
    I love them. I make the clock works almost as Bedside Mode used to. And there is a text message for computer that is close to Blend.

BB10 was awesome.. To bad it's gone.
    08-29-18 01:09 PM