The phone app doesn't group together (thread) missed, outgoing & received calls in the list. Is this by design?

I would think that the last event should displayed while the rest should be suppressed as they make no significance, much like an older SMS from the same sender makes no significance as history can always be searched inside the integrated in app.
    @max-bb @LiamQ can you please comment on that?
    09-30-18 09:23 PM
    The phone app is not part of the Hub Suite.
    10-02-18 01:54 PM
    The phone app is not part of the Hub Suite.
    I see, respectfully though, so as SMS, WhatsApp, IG (and maybe more integrated apps) all of which only shows the last entry
    10-02-18 02:07 PM
    As far as the phone app and the HUB goes I would also like to see voice mails in the HUB as well like they were in BB10 and earlier. Sometimes my phone doesn't ring and the caller leaves a VM that I miss for a time.

Considering the "Phone App" isn't part of the HUB Suite why do phone calls show in the HUB at all then? The only thing that makes sense logically is this is a choice made by the developers of the HUB.

What RK_BB and I are saying is we'd like to see the developers make some different choices.
    10-02-18 02:23 PM
    The phone app doesn't group together (thread) missed, outgoing & received calls in the list.
    Yes, we added integration into Hub, using the system call log database. @RK_BB seemed to be making suggestions to the phone app's display, not Hub's, which I cannot help with.

We're still unsure how much voice mail integration we can do within the limitations of the Android platform.
    10-02-18 02:55 PM
    Yes, we added integration into Hub, using the system call log database. @RK_BB seemed to be making suggestions to the phone app's display, not Hub's, which I cannot help with.

We're still unsure how much voice mail integration we can do within the limitations of the Android platform.
    I was completely referring to the integration into Hub, not to the phone app itself

Perhaps I didn't word my post correctly. I should have said "Hub integration of the phone app....".

Sorry about that!
    10-02-18 03:01 PM
    Thank you for suggestion.

"makes no significance" is a bit subjective. There are other use cases like, "Who did I call at 4 pm yesterday?", and if they called at 9 pm today, they wouldn't see that entry anymore. So, any change here will have to carefully considered from a UI standpoint.

And as always, we have a lot of competing priorities right now
    10-02-18 03:06 PM
    Thank you for suggestion.

"makes no significance" is a bit subjective. There are other use cases like, "Who did I call at 4 pm yesterday?", and if they called at 9 pm today, they wouldn't see that entry anymore. So, any change here will have to carefully considered from a UI standpoint.

And as always, we have a lot of competing priorities right now
    But when you tap the Hub entry you see the history of that number / contact log anyway so why does it need to appear on the list as well?

I understand you have competing priorities and don't think for a second you will jump on it (or any suggestion I make for that matter)! My job and is point out / expose what in my view needs to perform otherwise, the rest is up to you.

Hopefully you will consider.
    10-02-18 03:25 PM
    If you don't know which contact it was you called at 5 pm last Tuesday, how do you know which entry to open, assuming you're a pretty frequent phone user? Maybe a bit contrived, but I have a lot of two- or three-off phone numbers (no contact name) on my list from calling a business for something or another, and the only thing I might know about them is when I called. These are things I have to think of

Multiple views are a possibility, I suppose, but let's not rush to change it.

Cheers!
    10-02-18 03:29 PM
    If you don't know which contact it was you called at 5 pm last Tuesday, how do you know which entry to open, assuming you're a pretty frequent phone user? Maybe a bit contrived, but I have a lot of two- or three-off phone numbers (no contact name) on my list from calling a business for something or another, and the only thing I might know about them is when I called. These are things I have to think of

Cheers!
    Pheww, that gave me some headache Maybe for that the user must check the phone app rather than Hub?

Cheers @max-bb and by the way, thanks for responding. I really do appreciate it as I am sure many others around here do too.
    Vistaus likes this.
    10-02-18 03:38 PM
    @max-bb

Another issue I observed that is specific to the Phone App integration is that accessing a missed call Hub entry (from Hub) is not clearing the phone app notification from the notifications tray.

This creates an issue where though the message was accessed in Hub it still shows pending at the OS level and therefore the notification LED will continue to blink.

I am not sure if there is a way to resolve it given phone logs are handled differently in Hub than other integrated apps do but for what it's worth I thought I would point this out.
    ssv_bb likes this.
    10-26-18 11:51 AM
    Thank You @max-bb for chiming in on this thread.

As I stated earlier my need is if I miss a call because I don't have signal and they leave a VM it would be wonderful if the HUB showed the VM as a clickable event.

This was a feature of both of the BBOS & BB10 hubs.
    10-26-18 03:43 PM
    Any consideration given?
    10-31-18 04:42 PM
    Any thoughts given to this?
    01-17-19 04:07 PM
    No, the UI rework and all the other features are higher priority at the moment.
    01-17-19 06:29 PM
    By when do we expect the new UI for keyboard and other apps ?
    No, the UI rework and all the other features are higher priority at the moment.
    02-09-19 08:45 PM
    By when do we expect the new UI for keyboard and other apps ?
    How do you know there is a new keyboard UI in the works?
    02-09-19 11:23 PM