Hi,

My BlackBerry KeyONE, running on the latest Android software, is not "learning" new words.

This is frustrating. On my BlackBerry PRIV, I was able to write an entire paragraph by pressing one of the three suggestion displayed immediately above the home/back and square buttons.

For example: I type this sentence almost 10 times a day;

Post-collision anxiety screen

My BlackBerry PRIV learned that phrase and added the words above the home button...my KeyONE, had yet to "Lear" this.

I have followed all of the suggestions on the various blogs, but nothing has worked.

I really need to activate this valuable tool. Can someone please assist?

(My apologies if this post appeared twice. I could not find the first on the board).
    10-09-17 03:28 PM
    Not sure why your keyboard isn't learning. Check in settings->language->keyboard settings->BlackBerry keyboard->prediction and correction
    Make sure show predictions, personalized suggestions and next word suggestions are on. Personally, I would use word substitution for this, and create an entry where pcas became post-collision anxiety screen.

Lawyer or doctor?
    10-09-17 11:50 PM
    Sorry, but I couldn't find where my thread disappeared to. First timer, here, in me...

LOL... i actually sell a product to both docs and lawyers that will measure anxiety following an auto crash. You were thinking on my wavelength...

All the suggestions you made we already in place and turned on.

I like your suggestion. However, it was so easy and beneficial for my Priv to know what I was going to type next.

Software glitch? Perhaps it's my phone only?
    Maybe BB will fix it in the next update?

Think tech support at BB might be able to tell me why?

Not sure why your keyboard isn't learning. Check in settings->language->keyboard settings->BlackBerry keyboard->prediction and correction
    Make sure show predictions, personalized suggestions and next word suggestions are on. Personally, I would use word substitution for this, and create an entry where pcas became post-collision anxiety screen.

Lawyer or doctor?
    10-10-17 01:05 AM
    Definitely not a problem I have experienced. Perhaps going into word lists->personal word list and deleting them, then doing a hard boot by holding the power button until the phone vibrates would help. If not, I can give a shout-out, and get some official support in here.
    10-10-17 07:59 AM
    Hi. Thanks for helping me with this...

Went to my personal word list and there were no entire. I pretty sure there were never any, either. I have been typing on this new KeyONE for about 45 days now and you would think that it would have learned (at least) a couple of words.

For fun, I did go ahead and erase (what wasn't there) the screen.

If you could give that shout-out you spoke of, that would be great.

I did (rate) write to the developers of the BlackBerry Keyboard by way of the Google Play Store rating of the app. They have given me remedial steps that were already in place.

Again, thanks.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-10-17 10:46 AM
    @LiamQ, any clue what could be going on here?
    10-10-17 10:51 AM
    Check Settings -> Apps -> BlackBerry Keyboard -> Permissions -> Additional permissions. Make sure that the "BlackBerry Hub+ Services" permission is enabled.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-10-17 10:56 AM
    Hi. All are switched to on. I am assuming that they have been on since I activated the phone.
    10-10-17 11:13 AM
    Hi. All are switched to on. I am assuming that they have been on since I activated the phone because I never ventured into that area/space before.
    10-10-17 12:07 PM
    I apologize for being a bother, however, are there any other suggestions to attempt in order to rectify this dilemma?
    10-11-17 11:59 AM
    You could try Settings -> Apps -> BlackBerry Keyboard -> Storage -> Clear Data. Note that this will clear any settings that you changed for the Keyboard.
    10-11-17 12:56 PM
    I found the issue. I don't understand it and I don't don't know if it is 100% remedied, but it's a start.

Who wants know what I found?
    10-11-17 08:59 PM
    I found the issue. I don't understand it and I don't don't know if it is 100% remedied, but it's a start.

10-11-17 08:59 PM

I would like to know.
    10-12-17 05:59 AM
    Ok. So, I have 5 emails addresses that I manage, some important, some not. The email address that is having the problem is the email address I use 95% of the time.

To troubleshoot the issue, I went into my Yahoo address and began typing some of the words and sentences that I use a lot.

I then closed all of my apps and went back into my yahoo email and began typing in order to see if the system learned any of my frequent phrases. It worked! So, I wanted to try the same thing on my prominent email address. To my surprise, it also learned my words.

Just to make sure, I went into setting and looked at the Personal Word List Section. Now, you might recall that this section was blank and NO words were listed. Now, looking at the list, all words were now populated, including a funky email address I used earlier that day - it remember that funky email address.

I guess it's working now. My only question is why, all of a sudden, did it start working last compare to when I activated to phone over 60 dags ago? Weird.

Any thoughts?

It should be noted that my email hosting service for my primary email address is Host Gator. Don't ask me why I selected that service. Perhaps, this unknown hosting service is to blame? I hope to transfer my hosting
    Service to Google next year.

BigBadWulf and LiamQ thanks for helping me out! I certainly appreciate it.
    10-12-17 11:36 AM
    Ok. So, I have 5 emails addresses that I manage, some important, some not. The email address that is having the problem is the email address I use 95% of the time.

To troubleshoot the issue, I went into my Yahoo address and began typing some of the words and sentences that I use a lot.

I then closed all of my apps and went back into my yahoo email and began typing in order to see if the system learned any of my frequent phrases. It worked! So, I wanted to try the same thing on my prominent email address. To my surprise, it also learned my words.

Just to make sure, I went into setting and looked at the Personal Word List Section. Now, you might recall that this section was blank and NO words were listed. Now, looking at the list, all words were now populated, including a funky email address I used earlier that day - it remember that funky email address.

I guess it's working now. My only question is why, all of a sudden, did it start working last compare to when I activated to phone over 60 dags ago? Weird.

Any thoughts?

It should be noted that my email hosting service for my primary email address is Host Gator. Don't ask me why I selected that service. Perhaps, this unknown hosting service is to blame? I hope to transfer my hosting
    Service to Google next year.

BigBadWulf and LiamQ thanks for helping me out! I certainly appreciate it.
    10-12-17 11:36 AM