I own a BlackBerry Priv. My volume down button is not working and i am unable to take screenshot. I tried several apps for taking screenshot but in vein. Even Notable by Blackberry fails to do so. Whenever i try taking a screenshot, i get e message "BlackBerry Notable isn't allowed to take a screenshot". Sometimes this message is flashed immediately while sometimes the screen freezes and when i click the back key and this message is displayed. Please help. Tired of searching this problem on internet and even here at CrackBerry forums.
    01-10-21 11:12 PM
    I own a BlackBerry Priv. My volume down button is not working and i am unable to take screenshot. I tried several apps for taking screenshot but in vein. Even Notable by Blackberry fails to do so. Whenever i try taking a screenshot, i get e message "BlackBerry Notable isn't allowed to take a screenshot". Sometimes this message is flashed immediately while sometimes the screen freezes and when i click the back key and this message is displayed. Please help. Tired of searching this problem on internet and even here at CrackBerry forums.
    Are you attached to a company account of any kind?

You can try Google Assistant to take a screenshot. "hey google, take a screenshot".

After that, you may have to perform a factory reset.
    01-10-21 11:34 PM
    No. It's my personal phone. Tried Google assistant also but in vein.
    01-10-21 11:40 PM
    Are you attached to a company account of any kind?

You can try Google Assistant to take a screenshot. "hey google, take a screenshot".

After that, you may have to perform a factory reset.
    No. It's my personal phone and logged in with my personal ID.
    What I did earlier that I uninstalled some of bloatware using ab shell and I am unable to install them back.
    Is it due to that?
    I can't afford to do a factory reset.
    01-10-21 11:44 PM
    No. It's my personal phone and logged in with my personal ID.
    What I did earlier that I uninstalled some of bloatware using ab shell and I am unable to install them back.
    Is it due to that?
    I can't afford to do a factory reset.
    You absolutely deleted something important, yes.

You will have to reload your OS with an autoloader.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...roid-os-reload

No guarantees, but you can attempt a no-wipe autoload by removing the following two lines from flashall.bat:

.....fastboot.exe oem securewipe

.....flash userdata.img
    01-10-21 11:47 PM
    You absolutely deleted something important, yes.

You will have to reload your OS with an autoloader. The wipe is unavoidable.

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/sup...roid-os-reload
    OMG
    Can reinstalling those apps help?
    Just give me hope 😥
    01-10-21 11:51 PM
    OMG
    Can reinstalling those apps help?
    Just give me hope
    See what I added to my previous post.

But what's the big deal with a wipe anyway? Your media and docs should be on your SD card and synced to the cloud, your email / calender / contacts should be synced to the cloud (Gmail or Outlook.com, etc), your notes should be synced using Keep or Evernote or OneNote, etc.
    01-10-21 11:54 PM
    Agreed.
    01-10-21 11:59 PM
    See what I added to my previous post.

But what's the big deal with a wipe anyway? Your media and docs should be on your SD card and synced to the cloud, your email / calender / contacts should be synced to the cloud (Gmail or Outlook.com, etc), your notes should be synced using Keep or Evernote or OneNote, etc.
    Agreed.

How can I start phone in Fastboot mode as my volume down button is not working?
    Any alternative to that?
    01-11-21 12:02 AM
    Agreed.

How can I start phone in Fastboot mode as my volume down button is not working?
    Any alternative to that?
    You can use the volume up button instead. It will bring you to the secondary bootloader menu.

If that fails, try "adb reboot bootloader"
    01-11-21 12:04 AM
    You can use the volume up button instead. It will bring you to the secondary bootloader menu.

If that fails, try "adb reboot bootloader"

Just tried rebooting the device using volume up button. It failed showing " error" message.
    Can you help me please how to use "adb reboot bootloader"?
    Please provide me with with links to kb.
    Thanks.
    And when using an autoloader, do I need to verify SHA Hash file at any stage during OS installation or just using the autoloader of a specific software version is sufficient. Mine is AAW068.
    01-11-21 12:19 AM
    Just tried rebooting the device using volume up button. It failed showing " error" message.
    Can you help me please how to use "adb reboot bootloader"?
    Please provide me with with links to kb.
    Thanks.
    And when using an autoloader, do I need to verify SHA Hash file at any stage during OS installation or just using the autoloader of a specific software version is sufficient. Mine is AAW068.
    The hash is just to verify the integrity of the download itself. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

Enable USB debugging in developer options, and then use adb commands from your PC. You'll need the adb software of course.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/t...-9-18.2317790/
    AmarAhmed likes this.
    01-11-21 12:34 AM