Conite, I begin to understand. Is there a separate app for that wrt Google/Chrome/Android? If I switch to this strategy, where do I create passwords, store security Q & A for various web services, SSNs, and the myriad of bits of info I wish to keep (mostly) private. Like several who posted here I have quite a number of user/pass doublets, now a bit north of 300.
    03-09-20 11:26 AM
    Conite, I begin to understand. Is there a separate app for that wrt Google/Chrome/Android? If I switch to this strategy, where do I create passwords, store security Q & A for various web services, SSNs, and the myriad of bits of info I wish to keep (mostly) private. Like several who posted here I have quite a number of user/pass doublets, now a bit north of 300.
    When you are using the browser, Chrome will store logins and passwords for you. When you are using an Android device, Android will store your logins and passwords for you (in Chrome). No separate apps needed.

You can access the entire password database by using Chrome, or logging into your Google account online. It is protected by your Google credentials AND your device credentials.
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-09-20 12:17 PM
    you can export your Password Keeper file to Google drive in an encrypted file from within the app. not as convenient as an automatic encrypted back up, but it does work on my Key2le and my Motion.
    03-09-20 11:15 PM
    I do not think the Chrome/Google Password storage allows you to add custom entries/notes/fields, and that it is limited to website/app account details.

If you want more from a password storage service look into Bitwarden. This situation with the BB app got me to switch to their service and as far as I can tell it offers everything that BB does and much more. Switching with their import options was easy as well.

One annoyance I have remaining now with the BB Password Keeper, aside from the Backup option being broken, you also can't Delete your existing cloud backups currently. So even if you stop using it your details are stuck in some sort of limbo...
    03-10-20 04:15 PM
    BlackBerry has acknowledged the problem and said they are working on a fix.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000061681
    03-11-20 10:32 AM
    BlackBerry has acknowledged the problem and said they are working on a fix.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000061681
    Which usually means the kiss of death.

They've been "working" on a fix for BBMe on the iPhone for 3 months+.
    03-11-20 01:34 PM
    Which usually means the kiss of death.

They've been "working" on a fix for BBMe on the iPhone for 3 months+.
    Hey just one more patch and they'll have it whipped.... unless they pull a Geroge R. R. Martin on us. Three becomes four, four become five.... now we are at seven and there is little chance he'll finish.
    03-11-20 02:29 PM
    mine appears to have backed up on its on today.
    03-11-20 05:01 PM
    mine appears to have backed up on its on today.
    Yep... I just did a backup and all appears to be back to normal... for now.

Bob
    03-11-20 05:21 PM
    Finally working. What a calamity. I'm done with this app and will be moving over to something else. Blackberry continues to disappoint. Next app on my list to move away from is the hub.
    03-11-20 05:53 PM
    Working here too. No app update required.
    03-12-20 07:35 AM
    Working here too. I'll continue using it until it really is dead. The alternatives aren't as nice for my use.
    03-12-20 11:31 AM
    Backup is working well. Thanks to those who fixed it.
    03-12-20 01:17 PM
    Backup is working again but there doesn't seem to be an update on the actual app so it's probably all back-end with Google
    03-13-20 12:40 AM
    I suspect Password Keeper (and the rest of the HUB+ Suite) is basically EOL at this point (not officially, but in reality).... best to export your data and then import it into a more compatible and current solution.
    Good luck with that. I used to use it on my Priv and the highly unreliable export/import implementation didn't work when I moved on from the Priv to the Key2. Tried time and time again yet always ended up with half of the data missing or fully corrupted file.

Using Keypass2Android ever since as this one is versatile, open source and, most of all, reliable.

My wife went through the same trouble when she tried to move on from her crappy Dtek 50.
    03-29-20 09:58 AM
    sorry you had problems. I had no problem getting my PK data moved from my Z30 to my Motion and later to my Key2le. I'm still using all three and except for the glitch on Android recently, all three are working fine and backing up as they should.
    03-30-20 10:50 AM
    Does lastpass work on BB10?
    05-10-20 07:14 PM
67 123