password keeper still working fine for me on my Z30, Motion and Key2le, including backups.
    Sync backup feature is working on the Z30?
    03-05-20 10:43 AM
    yes.
    03-05-20 10:48 AM
    You can use IMPORT\EXPORT under Settings as work around... I do the export every so often anyway for redundancy. The exported file can be either CSV (not secure) or as PKB2 file (encrypted!) you can also pick Google drive to save to as an option or save local then copy elsewhere. Would NOT save as CSV unless you had a specific reason to as it is plain text. PKB2 file is best way to export for security
    03-05-20 01:10 PM
    Same here - stopped backing up. I haven't received any updates though since the last backup on March 1.
    03-05-20 01:52 PM
    Maybe it is a temporary thing
    03-05-20 02:03 PM
    yes.
    Learn new stuff all the time... didn't realize BlackBerry had gone back and added the Google Drive Sync feature to the BB10 app. Or even a local backup feature for that matter. I had to manually export it to a location that was Synced by OneDrive - back when I used BB10.
    03-05-20 02:04 PM
    Learn new stuff all the time... didn't realize BlackBerry had gone back and added the Google Drive Sync feature to the BB10 app. Or even a local backup feature for that matter. I had to manually export it to a location that was Synced by OneDrive - back when I used BB10.
    No they didn't. There is no Google Drive Sync on BB10 versions of Password Keeper. Only the "blackberry cloud" which I don't know if it is still working, and export option to a file.
    03-05-20 02:24 PM
    I just modified one of my password entries on password keeper on my Z30. when I closed the app, it backed up to "the cloud" like always. however I could not find any indication in the app of where in "the cloud" it was backed up.
    03-05-20 06:20 PM
    "the cloud" is BlackBerry servers, and it's linked to you BB id. Definitely no Google Drive support.
    03-05-20 09:41 PM
    I'm also affected by this on my DTEK 50. But the first suspicion that I had that there was something wrong was when I got an error message from my Hub email account, saying that the account is not authenticating and that I need to change the password. I panicked, thinking I had been hacked, so logged on to BT Mail and changed it. And it still won't authenticate. Entered the new password in the Keeper and that's when I got the error message everybody is getting.

Anyone else having issues with the Hub email account as well?
    03-06-20 01:10 PM
    I don't think that the problem is with Password Keeper. The problem is Google Drive.
    03-07-20 07:32 AM
    I'm also affected by this on my DTEK 50. But the first suspicion that I had that there was something wrong was when I got an error message from my Hub email account, saying that the account is not authenticating and that I need to change the password. I panicked, thinking I had been hacked, so logged on to BT Mail and changed it. And it still won't authenticate. Entered the new password in the Keeper and that's when I got the error message everybody is getting.

Anyone else having issues with the Hub email account as well?
    Changing your BT mail password will not change Blackberry password keeper
    03-07-20 12:19 PM
    Changing your BT mail password will not change Blackberry password keeper
    Of course I know that! But bit of a coincidence that it happened at the same time, which is why I thought at first that it was a Hub + failure in general. I now realise that the issue is with gdrrive.
    03-07-20 12:47 PM
    You can use IMPORT\EXPORT under Settings as work around... I do the export every so often anyway for redundancy. The exported file can be either CSV (not secure) or as PKB2 file (encrypted!) you can also pick Google drive to save to as an option or save local then copy elsewhere. Would NOT save as CSV unless you had a specific reason to as it is plain text. PKB2 file is best way to export for security
    Thanks for this!
    03-07-20 12:48 PM
    Google Drive outage across Google Drive and all docs services which exclude keep and calendar
    03-07-20 12:53 PM
    Thanks, all. May I ask if BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile has any official statement on this issue? The develop contact (email) in Google Play Store is also not reachable.
    03-08-20 10:53 AM
    Can you clarify please? Are you seeing other sync issues? I haven't.
    03-08-20 11:20 AM
    I wonder if BlackBerry will fix it.

For the time being, I just export using the encrypted format and then upload the file to google drive. It isn't automatic but it could be an interim solution. I don't really want to pay for another solution.

Will BlackBerry make an official statement on this issue?

Thanks.
    03-08-20 10:47 PM
    I know there is 1password and Lastpass out there, but what I liked about BB PK is the encrypted backup remained in my Google Drive, as opposed to Lastpass servers. Anyone know if something else exists out there that backs up to Google Drive?
    03-09-20 08:43 AM
    I know there is 1password and Lastpass out there, but what I liked about BB PK is the encrypted backup remained in my Google Drive, as opposed to Lastpass servers. Anyone know if something else exists out there that backs up to Google Drive?
    Sure. The built-in Chrome/Google/Android solution. I use it exclusively.
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-09-20 09:50 AM
    Same issue here. BB Motion. Hasn't backed up since Feb. 24th. Been exporting and uploading manually for now.
    03-09-20 10:24 AM
    Conite, tell me more. Are you saying that when you log onto a website, and Chrome asks if you want it to remember the password? Is that what you are referring to? For that to work, I think I have to be logged into Chrome, which so far, I have chosen not to do.
    03-09-20 11:02 AM
    Conite, tell me more. Are you saying that when you log onto a website, and Chrome asks if you want it to remember the password? Is that what you are referring to? For that to work, I think I have to be logged into Chrome, which so far, I have chosen not to do.
    correct you would need to be using chrome with your google account
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-09-20 11:08 AM
    That is what I'm talking about, yes. But it also ties into Android, where it will keep track of all of your app logins and passwords too.

And yes, you will have to sign in so the information is synced across all of your devices and platforms.
    hamilgs likes this.
    03-09-20 11:11 AM
    It doesn't appear to be the same as Password Keeper where you launch it on your phone to get a password quickly for something you're doing on say a computer, like a tax software that has a password.
    03-09-20 11:12 AM
67 123