Looks like a recent google drive or play services update may have broken Password keeper's ability to backup to google cloud. Any others seeing similar issue?
    12-16-19 12:05 PM
    Looks like a recent google drive or play services update may have broken Password keeper's ability to backup to google cloud. Any others seeing similar issue?
    Not sure why'd you be using it anyway.

Use a proper cross-platform password keeper like 1Password or LastPass. I just use Google Chrome.
    12-16-19 12:22 PM

Use a proper cross-platform password keeper like 1Password or LastPass. I just use Google Chrome.
    Because was already setup with dozens of accounts and was working fine for years. Slowly copying them to another system but that's been time consuming and haven't looked close at bulk export and import as last attempt was less than successful

May have to try again now though if this is a sign of things to come

Edit: and by dozens I mean close to 200
    Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 12-16-19 at 06:23 PM.
    12-16-19 05:30 PM
    This looks like could be related to Samsung's Android 10, or could be droid 10 in general issue.
    12-17-19 01:45 PM
    I also use it even on my Samsung now as I have for years and also have 200 ish entries. Just got this sync message last week out of the blue and was syncing to Google Drive.
    I'm getting a message saying that Passworrd Keeper requires one or more Google Play Services that are not currently available.
    Did you resolve your issue?
    03-02-20 11:52 AM
    I also use it even on my Samsung now as I have for years and also have 200 ish entries. Just got this sync message last week out of the blue and was syncing to Google Drive.
    I'm getting a message saying that Passworrd Keeper requires one or more Google Play Services that are not currently available.
    03-02-20 11:53 AM
    I suspect Password Keeper (and the rest of the HUB+ Suite) is basically EOL at this point (not officially, but in reality).... best to export your data and then import it into a more compatible and current solution.
    03-02-20 02:17 PM
    Have you tried backing up to SD card? I've always done it that way. I don't want my password backup on google drive anyway.
    03-02-20 04:19 PM
    Have you tried backing up to SD card? I've always done it that way. I don't want my password backup on google drive anyway.
    And if you lose your phone?

SD Cards are fine if you do a backup and remove the card (without having it encrypted) and remember to do this weekly or daily. But we still get someone weekly showing up with a BBOS, BB10 or even Android phone that never planned of worse case scenario for data loss. The had important messages, documents, images... that are simply gone because they never taught about what if. Sometimes it ends well because they had Android and Google Backup was going and they didn't even know it. Others (BBOS or BB10) didn't have cloud options and they hadn't done a desktop backup, or they had Android but fear made them turn off all the built int back features... but they never did any other backup.
    03-03-20 08:24 AM
    And if you lose your phone?

SD Cards are fine if you do a backup and remove the card (without having it encrypted) and remember to do this weekly or daily. But we still get someone weekly showing up with a BBOS, BB10 or even Android phone that never planned of worse case scenario for data loss. The had important messages, documents, images... that are simply gone because they never taught about what if. Sometimes it ends well because they had Android and Google Backup was going and they didn't even know it. Others (BBOS or BB10) didn't have cloud options and they hadn't done a desktop backup, or they had Android but fear made them turn off all the built int back features... but they never did any other backup.
    Fair point. I back up my sd card to my home computer regularly.
    03-03-20 12:32 PM

The question was about a fix not an alternate tool. It's broken on k2le as well.
    Last edited by howarmat; 03-03-20 at 04:18 PM.
    03-03-20 03:16 PM
    moronic response, especially coming from a mod.

The question was about a fix not an alternate tool. It's broken on k2le as well.
    My guess is Password Keeper was EOL back at the end of July like the other device apps that were officially EOL - it hasn't been updated since then. And at this point it look like the rest will soon follow. So the fix... manually export and backup or find another cross-platform solution.

Or see if you can revert to older Google Play or Google Drive....
    03-03-20 03:25 PM
    moronic response, especially coming from a mod.

I'm not a mod.

Password keeper is single-platform and essentially EOL. It's not a resilient solution to something that is so important.

If you have an alternate opinion or suggestion, then feel free to respond to the OP yourself, and leave policing to the mods. The irony is that it is YOUR post that contravenes the forum rules.
    03-03-20 06:29 PM
    Oddly enough it seems to backup fine on Google for me - Key2 LE on Verizon.
    03-03-20 06:42 PM
    hmm..I noticed the same issue as well on my Key2. For now, the only thing I could do is to use the Import/Export option in BB password Keeper app and take out all my password backups!
    03-04-20 12:16 PM
    I'm not a mod.

Password keeper is single-platform and essentially EOL. It's not a resilient solution to something that is so important.

If you have an alternate opinion or suggestion, then feel free to respond to the OP yourself, and leave policing to the mods. The irony is that it is YOUR post that contravenes the forum rules.
    I thought Password Keeper was available on BB10 and Android? Would that not classify as cross-platform?
    Seems to me it is.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    03-04-20 01:37 PM
    Oddly enough it seems to backup fine on Google for me - Key2 LE on Verizon.
    If you don't already... might want to make sure you don't have auto updates running for Google Play.

Still seems to be only a few folks affected... but folks update differently and not everyone uses Password Keeper, or of those also use the Sync feature.
    03-04-20 01:58 PM
    When I changed from the Keyone to the Key2 the backup of the Android Password Keeper operated as intended. I was able to use the Google backup version of the Password Keeper, it is just two weeks ago.
    Now I see the message too.
    03-04-20 02:09 PM
    I thought Password Keeper was available on BB10 and Android? Would that not classify as cross-platform?
    Seems to me it is.

Doesn't help on my PC. But yes, I should have said "limited" platform instead.
    03-04-20 02:12 PM
    Doesn't help on my PC. But yes, I should have said "limited" platform instead.
    I've never used cloud backup for passwords. Then again I usually email myself the backup files for most apps, which is technically a form of cloud storage. As long as you never forget the master password to unlock the encrypted file you will be golden.

03-04-20 04:08 PM
    I've never used cloud backup for passwords. Then again I usually email myself the backup files for most apps, which is technically a form of cloud storage. As long as you never forget the master password to unlock the encrypted file you will be golden.

I have hundreds of unique passwords that are each long strings of random letters, numbers, and special characters. It would be impossible to manage without a fully integrated cross-platform, cross-device type solution.
    03-04-20 05:11 PM
    I have hundreds of unique passwords that are each long strings of random letters, numbers, and special characters. It would be impossible to manage without a fully integrated cross-platform, cross-device type solution.
    Oh I'm not saying you should have the types of passwords I use that I could read them off my phone if I need to or am I saying anyone should do things my way. By all means you do what works for you but I have never been hacked and I enjoy the ease and feel of security I have

03-04-20 06:04 PM
    If you don't already... might want to make sure you don't have auto updates running for Google Play.

Still seems to be only a few folks affected... but folks update differently and not everyone uses Password Keeper, or of those also use the Sync feature.
    Doh - stopped working today!
    03-04-20 08:17 PM
    password keeper still working fine for me on my Z30, Motion and Key2le, including backups.
    03-05-20 10:05 AM
    mine stopped backing up to gdrive too. on my Motion
    panco469 likes this.
    03-05-20 10:09 AM
67 123