When you search for a telephone number online using the browser by Opera, it always used to be the case (Lollipop + Marshmallow) that you could simply tap on the (grey or blue colored) telephone icon and it would transfer the number directly to the phone app.

Opera is not supported by BlackBerry's phone app any longer-2017-12-09_112709.jpgOpera is not supported by BlackBerry's phone app any longer-2017-12-09_114202.jpg (Route, Save, Website icons are working fine btw).

However, when you hit the phone icon now, it only brings you this message:
    Opera is not supported by BlackBerry's phone app any longer-screenshot_20171209-112059.jpg

Can somebody confirm that the phone app stopped supporting it (at least for Opera)?

Can it be solved? Should it be fixed by BlackBerry/TCL or Opera?

With over 100 million users, I can not imagine that I'm the only one who is bothered with this annoyance.

Other browsers like Chrome do not have this issue, but I have always like Opera the most.
    Last edited by WT44; 12-09-17 at 07:08 AM.
    12-09-17 05:35 AM
    ditto
    12-09-17 10:32 AM
    I just tried it on my Priv. it worked fine. If you are running Nougat, you should add that to your post.
    12-09-17 06:43 PM
    I just tried it on my Priv. it worked fine. If you are running Nougat, you should add that to your post.
    Can't you read? It says in the first sentence that it always used to work with Lollipop & Marshmallow. So if I say that it doesn't work any longer, what OS of the three that made it to BlackBerry Android phones would you think I'm referring to?
    12-10-17 07:35 AM
    Can't you read? It says in the first sentence that it always used to work with Lollipop & Marshmallow. So if I say that it doesn't work any longer, what OS of the three that made it to BlackBerry Android phones would you think I'm referring to?
    Yes, of course I can read, or I would not have been able to reply. I have found it is better to not assume, especially when dealing with tech problems. Details are important and it is better to not assume.

I believe the phone app is Google, not BlackBerry. The issue is most likely related to Opera.

Don't get upset for someone trying to help.
    1122334455667788 and gizmo21 like this.
    12-10-17 01:40 PM
    Yes, of course I can read, or I would not have been able to reply. I have found it is better to not assume, especially when dealing with tech problems. Details are important and it is better to not assume.

I believe the phone app is Google, not BlackBerry. The issue is most likely related to Opera.

Don't get upset for someone trying to help.
    If only 3 OS were released to BlackBerry/TCL phones and I mention which 2 do not have any issues regarding the question at hand, there is not much left to "assume", is it? Why "should" I post the obvious, is it because otherwise some guy would potentially get annoyed because they took the time to test something on one of the 2 OS of which I explicitly said that they do not have the issue??

I would advise you to actually read more properly what people ask before trying to "help".

Don't get upset that you wasted precious time to test something I didn't ask for.
    Last edited by WT44; 12-10-17 at 02:25 PM.
    12-10-17 02:05 PM
    there is a new opera update. I think it's fixed.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-10-17 03:12 PM
    there is a new opera update. I think it's fixed.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I don't have auto-update so I immediately checked after your message and downloaded the update to check and yes, the phone app issue has finally been solved FOR NOUGAT.

One thing you do have to take into account. Speed dial has become pretty much useless now when you're using a KEYONE with its small screen. You now have 5 speed dial squares next to each other. Under it is room for only 8 letters or so. So all titles are abridged now. which is annoying since the speed dial squares, for the most part, show only one letter, which thus renders speed dial functionality useless on a KEYONE.
    12-10-17 05:32 PM
    If only 3 OS were released to BlackBerry/TCL phones and I mention which 2 do not have any issues regarding the question at hand, there is not much left to "assume", is it? Why "should" I post the obvious, is it because otherwise some guy would potentially get annoyed because they took the time to test something on one of the 2 OS of which I explicitly said that they do not have the issue??

I would advise you to actually read more properly what people ask before trying to "help".

Don't get upset that you wasted precious time to test something I didn't ask for.
    Wow, you are a real charmer.
    12-11-17 01:34 AM

What is your problem? For all we know your written English is not up to standard so he very well has a right to ensure the details you put down mean what he assumed it meant.

If u can't accept that you're on the Internet and people do, a lot of the time, ask questions about one thing when in fact they mean something else, then u better log off and get out more.
    12-11-17 05:57 AM
    "It always used to be the case (M + L)" could also mean "on former Opera versions of with those 2 OSes it worked, but now it's broken"
    So I hadn't even think about N cause it is not on my focus, but great it seems to be fixed by O errrrr Opera
    12-12-17 06:02 PM