Update: taken care of. Please ignore...

Hi there

I find that when deleting Gmail emails on Hub they get the deleted on the server but not the other way around. In other words, when deleting an email on Gmail web app (Chrome for example) the mail will not move over to the trash folder in Hub.

That must have something to do with the nature of Gmail; deleted emails are 'tagged', not necessarily deleted in the traditional sense of moving over to a dedicated trash folder. Case in point is when hitting 'all mail' in Gmail web app you can see emails tagged as deleted (for 30 days; they then get purged or deleted forever).

Microsoft Outlook found a way to deal with that. I hope that someone at BlackBerry can look into it as Gmail is of course the biggest player out there....
    Last edited by RK_BB; 02-18-17 at 10:08 AM.
    02-08-17 07:03 PM
    Check which folders you are syncing.
    As long as you only sync the Inbox, and not the All Mail folder it should work fine.
    Yes I realize Gmail doesn't really use folder exactly, but that's how imap clients see it.
    When you "delete" an email from inbox on gmail.com, by default it removes the "Inbox" tag. Assuming you are only syncing Inbox, the email should disappear from the hub.

Also check the sync interval. I believe deleted emails will only be removed after the hub does a scheduled sync. Since Gmail "pushes" emails to the hub using imap idle you may have a very infrequent sync interval and not even notice.
    02-10-17 02:45 PM
    Hi there

Thanks for replying!

As you can see in the attached picture, I only sync the default folders automatically set up by the app.

The sync interval is set for 15 minutes and Push is set to On (if supported). I may have not waited the entire 15 minutes for the sync to take place but I did refresh the account which supposedly is the same, isn't it? I also closed the app and re-opened it. No sync is happening.
    Attached Thumbnails One Directional Gmail Sync / Deleting Emails-27263.jpg  
    02-10-17 08:07 PM
    Hi there

Thanks for replying!

As you can see in the attached picture, I only sync the default folders automatically set up by the app.

The sync interval is set for 15 minutes and Push is set to On (if supported). I may have not waited the entire 15 minutes for the sync to take place but I did refresh the account which supposedly is the same, isn't it? I also closed the app and re-opened it. No sync is happening.
    Yes I think a manual refresh should have been sufficient.
    Have you tried restarting your phone? I did have some issues at one point which weren't fixed by my attempts to manually restart the app, but were fixed after restarting the phone.
    The only other thing I can think of to try is remove the Gmail account from the hub, and re-add it.
    02-10-17 08:15 PM
    Yes, performed a full restart and complete deletion / re-config of gmail.
    02-10-17 08:35 PM