I rolled back one version and disabled auto update.
    How did you roll back?
    TechieAttorney likes this.
    03-07-19 05:17 PM
    And don't forget, changes Google announced were coming back in October 2018. What we are seeing now is the results of how BlackBerry Ltd has dealt with it, by choice - a solution they left until Google's compliance deadline expired and they were forced to implement the changes, and slip them in under the guise of a UI update.

Understandably paying customers on non-BlackBerry Android devices expected a lot more from BlackBerry. And apparently, even BlackBerry hardware owners are supposed to treat the bundled apps as free junk and have zero expectations of BlackBerry doing what is necessary to protect the core functionality of its apps.
    So we got six extra months from announcement? Got it....
    03-07-19 05:32 PM
    I'm personally happy with what I have now. so I'll stay with it until it all stops working, then I'll update.
    03-07-19 06:30 PM
    Everyone should just switch if they don't like the new update. I think it is pretty good!
    03-07-19 09:20 PM
    For everyone having issues with Phone Logs showing in the Hub, do you have Phone Logs enabled in the View you're using? Maybe you've disabled them like I have.
    03-07-19 10:48 PM
    For everyone having issues with Phone Logs showing in the Hub, do you have Phone Logs enabled in the View you're using? Maybe you've disabled them like I have.
    I don't see any way to enable / disable them as Phone isn't a View option.
    03-08-19 12:16 AM
    The problem is, going forward, if you don't update Hub + Services, the rest of the suite will stop working. Unless of course you intend to keep the entire suite frozen in time.
    @conite - I only rolled back HUB and HUB+Services, installed the latest updates for Calendar, Tasks, contacts in the last 3 days - all seems to be working correctly and still have my SMS and calls in my HUB...
    03-08-19 08:40 AM
    How did you roll back?
    03-08-19 08:44 AM
    How did you roll back?
    Used the prior APK's found on apkmirror and installed them directly on the phone. You will have to set up your email accounts again.
    03-08-19 08:47 AM
    @conite - I only rolled back HUB and HUB+Services, installed the latest updates for Calendar, Tasks, contacts in the last 3 days - all seems to be working correctly and still have my SMS and calls in my HUB...
    Yes. For now. But Calendar and Tasks depend on HUB+ Services too, and will eventually fail.
    03-08-19 08:50 AM
    Thanks. I was Co soldering doing that, but setting up my email accounts and re-download ingredients everything is not worth it to me. I appreciate the information though.
    03-08-19 08:57 AM
    Yes. For now. But Calendar and Tasks depend on HUB+ Services too, and will eventually fail.
    Well, that sux, and BTW, I did convey my thoughts heavily in the BETA forum... FWIW.
    03-08-19 09:04 AM
    BUT, if I don't update those going forward, I wonder how long things will stay stable...
    03-08-19 09:05 AM
    BUT, if I don't update those going forward, I wonder how long things will stay stable...
    You can leave everything stagnant forever, sure. But you'll miss out on bug fixes, and new features.
    03-08-19 09:52 AM
    ...But you'll miss out on bug fixes...
    True!
    ...and new features.
    LOL - when was the last time you saw one added?

@zephyr613 You will be good on that front for at least two - three years...
    03-08-19 09:56 AM
    True!LOL - when was the last time you saw one added?

I would expect things to be adjusted over the next little while with respect to v2.
    03-08-19 09:58 AM
    I would expect things to be adjusted over the next little while with respect to v2.
    If history and experience is anything to go by I highly doubt it but hey, save that post and prove me wrong, please!!!
    03-08-19 10:00 AM
    True!LOL - when was the last time you saw one added?

Thank you!! Not getting in the middle between you and @conite!!
    03-08-19 10:16 AM
    I think the bottom line is that there is a pretty hard limit to what any app developer can do to mitigate the highly fragmented Android user experience. Android users are doomed to click from app to app for every little task. I miss the days of integrated mobile design.

Our best hope would be for Android or a powerful OEM like Samsung to license the HUB rights from BlackBerry. At least then it might get an exemption.

Those of us who hoped BlackBerry could bring the BB10 UX to Android need to accept that it's not going to happen.

I know that the Android Hub has a lot more notifications than BB10, but since all I use on Android or BB10 is phone, SMS and email, the main appeal of the Hub is just as an alternative to the using separate email clients. For me, it's just an email client now.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    03-08-19 11:43 AM
    I don't see any way to enable / disable them as Phone isn't a View option.
    Open Hub > Settings > Manage Views > tap the View you use and make sure Phone Logs is checked. Mine was on by default despite having it unchecked prior to the update.
    03-08-19 04:47 PM
    I think the bottom line is that there is a pretty hard limit to what any app developer can do to mitigate the highly fragmented Android user experience. Android users are doomed to click from app to app for every little task. I miss the days of integrated mobile design.

Our best hope would be for Android or a powerful OEM like Samsung to license the HUB rights from BlackBerry. At least then it might get an exemption.

Those of us who hoped BlackBerry could bring the BB10 UX to Android need to accept that it's not going to happen.

I know that the Android Hub has a lot more notifications than BB10, but since all I use on Android or BB10 is phone, SMS and email, the main appeal of the Hub is just as an alternative to the using separate email clients. For me, it's just an email client now.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    There is still one saving grace left with regards to SMS, if I can call it that. When you click on a newly received text message in the Inbox, it still takes you directly into the SMS app (at least for me it does, on a Pixel 3, using Textra). Still can't see any sent SMS though, but I guess this is still better than nothing.

I'm also seeing all my new calls from the stock Google Dialer, which is also a big relief. Direct connection to the app or not I like to have my critical communications in the Inbox.

BBM is still rock solid. Clicks directly into the message thread. I lament when I click on a BBM in Inbox now, thinking of what could have / should have been...
    03-08-19 04:52 PM
    Thank you!! Not getting in the middle between you and @conite!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BuhSDHeA...=11a9e1jmymund
    zephyr613 likes this.
    03-08-19 04:58 PM
    I find it weird that people are saying tapping an SMS in Hub doesn't take you directly into that thread. Mine does. I'm using Messages, the default Google one.
    03-08-19 05:07 PM
    I find it weird that people are saying tapping an SMS in Hub doesn't take you directly into that thread. Mine does. I'm using Messages, the default Google one.
    It's an intermittent issue on the K1.
    03-08-19 05:24 PM
    Open Hub > Settings > Manage Views > tap the View you use and make sure Phone Logs is checked. Mine was on by default despite having it unchecked prior to the update.
    Every box is checked, however, Phone Logs is not in the list of check boxes.
    03-08-19 05:39 PM
109 1234 ...