The new Hub update says:

"Open calendar invitations even if you don’t have BlackBerry Calendar installed"

On KEYone, just tried to disabled the BB calendar, and same "permission required" message poped up and directed me to enable BB calendar.

Is this update not for BB phone? New Hub update still cannot open calendar invitation without BB calendar.-screenshot_20180321-155939-01.jpeg
    03-21-18 12:03 AM
    Well, seemingly in order for it to work, it needs to detect a redirect from the BlackBerry Calendar. Try it.
    03-21-18 04:42 AM
    Well, seemingly in order for it to work, it needs to detect a redirect from the BlackBerry Calendar. Try it.
    How? Do you mind elaborating?
    03-21-18 05:11 AM
    How? Do you mind elaborating?
    Enable the calendar, naturally. You stated you disabled it and it's literally asking you to enable it. As I noted, it seemingly needs to detect what you're trying to do in order to work, so give it a shot. If it doesn't work after that, then disable it again as you ruled it out as a being a problem.
    03-21-18 05:50 AM
    Enable the calendar, naturally. You stated you disabled it and it's literally asking you to enable it. As I noted, it seemingly needs to detect what you're trying to do in order to work, so give it a shot. If it doesn't work after that, then disable it again as you ruled it out as a being a problem.
    I am using Google calendar normally. I had posted a question before as well that even I have google calendar installed, after disabling BB calendar, I still cannot accept invitations. The permission required message always pops up and pressing "grant permission" always sends me to the disabled BB calendar page to enable it.

I thought the new update as explicitly says in the change log have made the improvement to this.

And Yes, I have tried and retired after the update of the new Hub.

The problem is not new.
    /blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/hub-only-accepts-invitations-inside-blackberry-calendar-1129325/
    03-21-18 06:12 AM
    The problem is not new.
    Never said it was. And I know you're not using the BlackBerry Calendar, what I'm telling you is that in order for that function to work, you might need to actually enable the calendar to bypass the error message even while using GMail.
    03-21-18 06:16 AM
    Never said it was. And I know you're not using the BlackBerry Calendar, what I'm telling you is that in order for that function to work, you might need to actually enable the calendar to bypass the error message even while using GMail.
    Oh, it's not an error message. I just don't want to have two calendar apps installed. And I prefer to use Google calendar app.

The problem is I cannot accept invitation without BB calendar. But the update says, with this update, I can accept without BB calendar. Apparently it is not.
    03-21-18 06:18 AM
    Oh, it's not an error message. I just don't want to have two calendar apps installed. And I prefer to use Google calendar app.

The problem is I cannot accept invitation without BB calendar. But the update says, with this update, I can accept without BB calendar. Apparently it is not.
    You're clearly not understanding what I'm stating. After the update, it seems the apps have a workflow process to make it work and by not having the calendar enabled, you're disrupting that workflow.
    Bbfan1614 likes this.
    03-21-18 06:19 AM
    You're clearly not understanding what I'm stating.
    No I didn't. I have tried to disable it. And I cannot accept invitation without it. Then I enabled it again so that I can accept invitation. Apart from that, what else can I do?
    03-21-18 06:21 AM
    No I didn't. I have tried to disable it. And I cannot accept invitation without it. Then I enabled it again so that I can accept invitation. Apart from that, what else can I do?
    Well, now that you ruled out the BB Cal being disabled as an issue, good question! I'll have to set this up later and see if I run into the same issue. Not really sure why BlackBerry doesn't just make it an 'open with' option, seems that would be the easiet solution on their end.
    03-21-18 06:28 AM
    Well, now that you ruled out the BB Cal being disabled as an issue, good question! I'll have to set this up later and see if I run into the same issue. Not really sure why BlackBerry doesn't just make it an 'open with' option, seems that would be the easiet solution on their end.
    Apparently they think it is working this time. Otherwise they won't write it explicitly in the "what's new" log.
    03-21-18 06:33 AM
    Apparently they think it is working this time. Otherwise they won't write it explicitly in the "what' new" log.
    Yeahhh, well. That's debateable too. Their changelogs are sometimes, umm, less than accurate. It seems they're all running the latest versions and it may be enabled on THEIR version but sometimes that data doesn't match what end users end up with installed.

It happens more than it should. For example: Those BlackBerry Productivity Tab widgets were listed in a changelog moooooonths ago and only recently actually became available for real. Not the first time something has been listed and not available in reality and likely not the last.
    03-21-18 06:35 AM
    Yeahhh, well. That's debateable too. Their changelogs are sometimes, umm, less than accurate. It seems they're all running the latest versions and it may be enabled on THEIR version but sometimes that data doesn't match what end users end up with installed.

It happens more than it should. For example: Those BlackBerry Productivity Tab widgets were listed in a changelog moooooonths ago and only recently actually became available for real. Not the first time something has been listed and not available in reality and likely not the last.
    You are absolutely right. Here is the actual description from the uploaded app on apkmirror.

Fixed the truncation of email replies in long threads
    •Fixed the email address not getting populated when composing to a suggested contact

And nothing else.
    03-21-18 06:44 AM
    Fred, I am also looking forward to the Hub opening calendar invites without BB Calendar installed. I am using the Hub (paid subscription) on a Pixel 2 XL, but I use Google Calendar and Google Contacts.
    03-21-18 08:10 AM
    Fred, I am also looking forward to the Hub opening calendar invites without BB Calendar installed. I am using the Hub (paid subscription) on a Pixel 2 XL, but I use Google Calendar and Google Contacts.
    I use those two apps too.
    03-21-18 05:06 PM
    I'm on a Pixel 2 and also use Gcal and Gcontacts. This is annoying, I wish they could fix it.
    04-06-18 11:22 AM
    It has been a couple of months since this thread was discussed and I have not seen any fix (update) in the Hub to permit opening a calendar invite any Calendar app other they BB Calendar. I have a paid subscription on a Pixel 2XL and only want to use the Hub, which is a great email app.
    LiamQ - any updates on an update?
    06-21-18 08:44 AM
    It has been a couple of months since this thread was discussed and I have not seen any fix (update) in the Hub to permit opening a calendar invite any Calendar app other they BB Calendar. I have a paid subscription on a Pixel 2XL and only want to use the Hub, which is a great email app.
    LiamQ - any updates on an update?
    We support opening calendar invites as email messages when BlackBerry Calendar is not installed. The invite typically has an .ics attachment that you can then open in other calendar apps, such as Google Calendar. This works for me on a Pixel.

The original message in this thread is a different complaint about the case where BlackBerry Calendar is installed but disabled. We haven't fixed that case yet.
    06-21-18 10:14 AM