BB has posted an update to Hub. Completely refreshed look and feel. Get the update on Google play. What do you think?
    03-05-19 12:29 PM
    Just received it too. Looks good so far. Hopefully it's Pie complaint and we an update soon
    03-05-19 12:37 PM
    what is the purpose of that inane artwork atop the hamburger pull-down? insanity! it is just a waste of space better gone...
    pooyam and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-05-19 12:54 PM
    This
    Attached Thumbnails New Hub design now live!-screenshot_20190305-140252-2.jpg  
    03-05-19 01:07 PM
    Well it has a nice look, but it appears there is less items showing and the header appears more bulky than necessary?

it also asked how to handle deletes (delete from app or app and server?) this seems to be redundant to what's already set up when each account was created?

That's all I know so far.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-05-19 02:45 PM
    I like the new design. Can't say it's better but still looks fine.

However I can't stand those new app icons. My sister could create such a ugly icon using Photoshop in a two minutes. Who on Earth decided to switch to these new hideous icons?

I hope you guys share my opinion so we could rage BB to bring those guys back - much as we were able in case of BBM smileys (which Emtek tried to replace with some terrible pack as well).
    03-05-19 02:46 PM
    what is the purpose of that inane artwork atop the hamburger pull-down? insanity! it is just a waste of space better gone...
    Agreed.
    C_McD and skinnymike1 like this.
    03-05-19 03:51 PM
    Inconsequential is the word that comes to my mind.

What I needed much more than this paint job was two super simple keyboard shortcuts :
    - Go to next flagged
    - Refresh
    03-05-19 03:52 PM
    Did they hire a preschool child to design that?
    03-05-19 03:59 PM
    Did they hire a preschool child to design that?
    Those developers are here, and I suspect proud of their work. Be nice.
    03-05-19 04:01 PM
    Alright...

The aforementioned header decor on the hamburger drop-down should be replaced with a finger friendly target for the "refresh" relegated presently to the bottom off screen for those with many accounts

The blue header of the HUB+ should be hinned and made black to conform to the black theme choice

That would be nice
    skinnymike1 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    03-05-19 04:10 PM
    More:

The bottom pull-up should have dimensions reallocated to display the array as a single raster row rather than double row wasting the already diminutive screen real-estate...
    Attached Thumbnails New Hub design now live!-screenshot_20190305-171340-2.png  
    03-05-19 04:18 PM
    The progress bar needs some degree of contrast in dark theme since it is with this iteration albeit I visible...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-05-19 04:22 PM
    The progress bar needs some degree of contrast in dark theme since it is with this iteration albeit I visible...
    Unfortunately, most of these UX decisions have been made over the last 2 months in beta. You should have joined and provided your 2 cents when it mattered.
    gouger05 likes this.
    03-05-19 04:24 PM
    I am sure their work is difficult likely to some extent being worsened by Google changes and demands across letter versions, but these suggestions offered by this Meer peon are those of an end user having to live with this result... ask others if there is need.

Disclaimer:

My opinion is my own and does not represent itself to be that of anyone else or even to have a semblance of veracity. It is also subject to plausible deniability not based in ethanolic obscurity.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 03-05-19 at 04:43 PM.
    03-05-19 04:28 PM
    Re: "2 cents"

Maybe... but, aside my sloth, do you not agree with any of this, in fact?
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 03-05-19 at 04:44 PM.
    03-05-19 04:31 PM
    Oh yes... not to forget the OP's query...
    Attached Thumbnails New Hub design now live!-screenshot_20190305-174034-2.jpg  
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-05-19 04:33 PM
    Re: "2 cents"

Maybe... but, aside my sloth, do you not agree with any of this, in fact?
    I think we can all agree that if it was up to each of us, we'd have a boatload of different layout proposals - myself included.
    ppeters914 and jamesharmeling like this.
    03-05-19 04:51 PM
    Pointing out faults is not diminishing; rather it should be accepted in good grace and considered for a fix or change just as the other threads I have discovered (i.e. one alluding to the HUB Snooze inability to reset to default and to have other options beyond 60 minutes with which I agree as well).

Nothing really good comes of a big gold star for effort that in the final analysis is somewhat lacking and unfinished in certain details. It serves no-one to gloss over that.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    03-05-19 04:56 PM
    Pointing out faults is not diminishing; rather it should be accepted in good grace and considered for a fix or change just as the other threads I have discovered (i.e. one alluding to the HUB Snooze inability to reset to default and to have other options beyond 60 minutes with which I agree as well).

Nothing really good comes of a big gold star for effort that in the final analysis is somewhat lacking and unfinished in certain details. It serves no-one to gloss over that.
    Who said you shouldn't make suggestions that suit you better personally? Fire away. As I said though, it's a little late now to make big changes after an extended beta program, so don't expect much.
    gouger05 likes this.
    03-05-19 05:07 PM
    So I updated on my S9 and left as is on my BE KeyOne. I like the new design. With 4 different work emails and the need to refresh each throughout the day when away from my desk I like the swipe right and then refresh at the bottom rather than reaching up to the right. I need to give it a couple days but I appreciate the work on the BlackBerry apps.
    gouger05 and TgeekB like this.
    03-05-19 05:25 PM
    I would most like to see if anyone else has thoughts about what I have suggested here.
    03-05-19 05:28 PM
    So utilizing for the past hour working from home and relaying various messages and work assignments I am impressed with the updated apps and look. The swipe right and refresh in the bottom left is damn near perfect. I of course lost all of my text messages in the HUB but new ones immediately populated and all of the other conversations are in my messages app. Any new will populate so I am fine. I prefer the new UI and suspect, overall, users will prefer these changes. Functional and ergonomic changes in Android are most welcome. That was/is a big focus for Samsung with their One UI. Honestly the One UI makes a bigger difference to me than PIE but then my SIM is here in my KeyOne so I have not played around with swiping. If BlackBerry Software and BlackBerry Mobile become even more synergistic between hardware and software all us BlackBerry users are going to be well served for years to come and that pleases me.
    gouger05, Breadman and TgeekB like this.
    03-05-19 06:32 PM
    Not using my Motion as our daily driver these days but applied the app update(s). Actually finding the new look to be quite appealing so far although can't comment much on functionality as the test drive was very short. Not a big fan of the new icons either but been relying on the BB10 Icon Pack since day one so no biggie...

Yeah I know, strange hearing a bit of positivity coming from me on the BB front
    gouger05 and TgeekB like this.
    03-05-19 08:13 PM
    OK. now all the apps got updated with the new UX.

My initial thoughts are that I like it as a whole. Feels like an integrated app suite, like MS Office.

My gripe is that I'm feeling "forced" into the dark themes. The icon set is so dark, they stand out slightly aggressively.

I don't like the dark themes and if I retain a lighter color palette on my device, the icons don't really fit.
    03-05-19 10:12 PM
112 123 ...