Just received the update this afternoon.. has anyone noticed what was fixed ??
    ( the usual answer .. IT ACTUALLY SEEMS SMOOTHER BETWEEN APPS ETC )
    Not sure if this is a beta update ? I am in the beta-zone...
    05-12-17 06:49 PM
    It is definitely smoother when swiping to access the hub in apps. Hub is getting better and better but still nowhere near BlackBerry 10's
    05-12-17 07:06 PM
    It is definitely smoother when swiping to access the hub in apps. Hub is getting better and better but still nowhere near BlackBerry 10's
    Yeah, I still have my Z30 running on wifi and left the email accounts on it. It's nice having the Hub always there and not refreshing like on the Priv.
    05-12-17 08:17 PM
    Yeah, I still have my Z30 running on wifi and left the email accounts on it. It's nice having the Hub always there and not refreshing like on the Priv.
    My Z30 still "feeds" Blend allowing me to see my email/calendar/contacts on my computer and laptops.

As with yours, mine is on wifi.
    05-12-17 08:48 PM
    I agree bb10 hub was just too good. I still use passport for accessing hub even though I have priv, dtek60.
    C_McD likes this.
    05-12-17 08:54 PM
    Just received the update this afternoon.. has anyone noticed what was fixed ??
    ( the usual answer .. IT ACTUALLY SEEMS SMOOTHER BETWEEN APPS ETC )
    Not sure if this is a beta update ? I am in the beta-zone...
    Not a beta update. I'm not in the beta program and got it this afternoon.
    05-12-17 09:05 PM
    It's on APKMirror, just in case.
    05-12-17 09:32 PM
    The hub definitely seems faster loading.
    05-12-17 10:26 PM
    Well, today's Hub+ Services update isn't the Hub, so...it would not change the Hub.
    05-12-17 10:30 PM
    My Z30 still "feeds" Blend allowing me to see my email/calendar/contacts on my computer and laptops.

As with yours, mine is on wifi.
    I never really got too interested in Blend. I sync my phone with the computer anyway so I always have my contacts and calendar there. The computer has its own email program so it has all my email as well. I just never understood the appeal of Blend. I know others used it extensively, but for me, it seemed a waste.

I would rather they had polished Blackberry Link, and made the sync reliable. It never got to the place the old Desktop Manager did. The seemed to abandon it and push Blend.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-12-17 10:33 PM
    I never really got too interested in Blend. I sync my phone with the computer anyway so I always have my contacts and calendar there. The computer has its own email program so it has all my email as well. I just never understood the appeal of Blend. I know others used it extensively, but for me, it seemed a waste.

I would rather they had polished Blackberry Link, and made the sync reliable. It never got to the place the old Desktop Manager did. The seemed to abandon it and push Blend.
    I can see your point. What method do you use to sync? In the old days I could use Outlook but never liked it all that much. But I've always loved Blend. Phone "beeps" and I can just look at the Blend window. I don't have to open my separate email program nor open the phone. Phone downstairs - Blend is here on my desktop. I don't have a Contact or Calendar app that I use so that Blend serves that purpose. Also Blend can do BBM (although that "skill" is now a bit behind the times). If an appt comes due, there's a popup windows and I can snooze or dismiss it or even edit it. I can add new appts from the desktop.

What was newly fascinating to me was that this past weekend I was away from home but instead of closing down the Z30 (on a qi charging pad), I had left it for the four days. When I fired up my Win10 laptop, Blend opened and there were my emails and bbm stuff. I never used or realized that it would work on wifi or on data remotely. So while my Priv was still charging in another room, I was getting instant email and bbm on my laptop from the Z30, 300 miles away! I found that very neat and completely unexpected.

Blend, too, is abandoned but still works reasonably although, BBM is somewhat limited.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-12-17 11:02 PM
    I can see your point. What method do you use to sync? In the old days I could use Outlook but never liked it all that much. But I've always loved Blend. Phone "beeps" and I can just look at the Blend window. I don't have to open my separate email program nor open the phone. Phone downstairs - Blend is here on my desktop. I don't have a Contact or Calendar app that I use so that Blend serves that purpose. Also Blend can do BBM (although that "skill" is now a bit behind the times).

What was newly fascinating to me was that this past weekend I was away from home but instead of closing down the Z30 (on a qi charging pad), I had left it for the four days. When I fired up my Win10 laptop, Blend opened and there were my emails and bbm stuff. I never used or realized that it would work on wifi or on data remotely. So while my Priv was still charging in another room, I was getting instant email and bbm from the Z30, 300 miles away! I found that very neat and completely unexpected.

Blend, too, is abandoned but still works reasonably although, BBM is somewhat limited.
    Now that is a good way to use Blend. I can see that. Since my phone is usually right next to me, it really doesn't matter.

I use a Mac so I am using SyncMate to sync Mac's included calendar and contact apps. I can sync via Bluetooth as I could with the old Desktop manager. It works nicely, although there is a small bug in that all-day events show up a day off. Other people say they have the issue with iPhones and syncing via iTunes as well. It seems all it takes is a few seconds off between the time set on the computer and that of the phone to cause it to be off. No biggie though, I just shift the even when I am done syncing. Lately I have just been adding all-day events that span across a number of days as a regular even, not all-day, and have it begin and end a while before midnight.

I have been dealing with their tech support to see if they can come up with a fix, but so far, no such luck. Overall, I am happy with it, now that I know what it is doing and stopped using the all-day function.

There is CompanionLink as well, but you have to use their app, DejaOffice, on the phone. You have the option though to use different calendars on the PC, even the old Palm Pilot Desktop, which you can download if you don't have it.

https://www.companionlink.com
    Last edited by PHughes; 05-13-17 at 12:11 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-12-17 11:17 PM
    Not Beta. I received today on both my PRIV and DTEK50. Thing I noticed, it added Google Hangouts to Hub.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-17 11:26 PM
    Not sure how long it's been there but what is the quick file supposed to do. I hit it in an email and it doesn't nothing. Seems to freeze my screen.
    05-13-17 03:23 AM
    Not sure how long it's been there but what is the quick file supposed to do. I hit it in an email and it doesn't nothing. Seems to freeze my screen.
    I tried this to with the same result. The screen dims but the nothing happens. Maybe we have to wait until the actual HUB App gets updated.
    05-13-17 04:55 PM
    I tried this to with the same result. The screen dims but the nothing happens. Maybe we have to wait until the actual HUB App gets updated.
    I just tried it. On mine, when I hit the icon for quick file, a dialog box appears at he bottom of the screen giving me the option to file to Archive, or "Open All Folders.
    05-14-17 02:00 PM
    I just tried it. On mine, when I hit the icon for quick file, a dialog box appears at he bottom of the screen giving me the option to file to Archive, or "Open All Folders.
    That method works the same for me as well. But when you tap the three dot overflow menu and select Quick File, what I described in my previous post happens. Try that and see if you get a different result.
    05-14-17 03:30 PM
    That method works the same for me as well. But when you tap the three dot overflow menu and select Quick File, what I described in my previous post happens. Try that and see if you get a different result.
    Yep, same for me. I see what you're talking about now.
    05-14-17 03:35 PM
    MirrorGo y MobileGo pueden ser utilizados para sincronizar tu teléfono, Android con tu computadora
    05-14-17 07:15 PM
    MirrorGo y MobileGo pueden ser utilizados para sincronizar tu teléfono, Android con tu computadora
    Spanish translation:
    MirrorGo and MobileGo can be used to synchronize your phone, Android with your computer
    05-15-17 05:05 AM
    Did you see they enabled Quick File with the Hub update today? I guess the Hub and Services update began the process, but the Hub update completed it. It works fine now.
    05-15-17 11:36 PM
    Did you see they enabled Quick File with the Hub update today? I guess the Hub and Services update began the process, but the Hub update completed it. It works fine now.
    Yes I did. Seems to be working as intended, I tested it out a bit.
    05-16-17 12:25 AM
    It does seem faster, in reference to Quick File, here is my thoughts:

I file all of my emails and anything to improve filing is a pleasant addition to Hub but it seems like the Quick File is half-baked.
    First of all, there is no way to quick file with keyboard shortcut. (I know "I" files emails) Otherwise to access you still have to tap same as tapping File icon and selecting one of the suggested folders. Hopefully they can add a KB shortcut to this, as well as Mark Read/Unread.

Another way to utilize this would be to add "QF" icon next to the File icon (Folder with Arrow) so you can just tap and quick file, sort of like "archive", which is missing from Hub.

Thanks blackberry for constantly working on Hub.
    05-16-17 12:37 AM
    One thing that could also make Hub filing much better if we could just use keyboard only, for example Hitting I brings the File To... dialog box, but to go further you must go to screen and tap, what if we could hit Space to open "Open all Folders" type the name of the folder and hit Enter to file to the folder on the screen (if the result is just one folder). That would be just amazing.
    05-16-17 12:40 AM
    It does seem faster, in reference to Quick File, here is my thoughts:

I file all of my emails and anything to improve filing is a pleasant addition to Hub but it seems like the Quick File is half-baked.
    First of all, there is no way to quick file with keyboard shortcut. (I know "I" files emails) Otherwise to access you still have to tap same as tapping File icon and selecting one of the suggested folders. Hopefully they can add a KB shortcut to this, as well as Mark Read/Unread.

Another way to utilize this would be to add "QF" icon next to the File icon (Folder with Arrow) so you can just tap and quick file, sort of like "archive", which is missing from Hub.

Thanks blackberry for constantly working on Hub.
    An icon might be a nice addition. You can assign Quick File as one of the left or right swipe gestures from the HUB settings menu. Personally, I would rather have my current swipe gestures remain as the are, File and Delete, but the addition of a Quick File icon, keyboard shortcut or other type of 'one touch' action would be nice.
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    05-16-17 06:46 AM
26 12