02-22-19 08:42 PM
195 1234 ...
tools
    be better with edge to edge (not with white spaces on the left and the right)
    That's the only thing I don't like about it so far.
    12-12-18 05:17 PM
    I love the new design, mainly for some of the new functions like the accessible bottom menus.

As for the visuals, it's a little to "loud" to my taste which is somewhat un-business like.

Here is my immediate feedback:

A. Too much gap between one day to another; the font is too big and if you ask me it is unnecessary to separate emails in days increments. I would get rid of it entirely or reduce the gap significantly.
    B. Though bottom menu disappears as the user scroll down it only works when scrolling on the screen, not when scrolling using the keypad.
    C. I can live without the pattern; too much design "noise".
    D. Stretch the message box all the way to the edge of the screen.

New BlackBerry App suite-notable-00020.jpg
    New BlackBerry App suite-notable-00021.jpg

That was long time coming!

@LiamQ @max-bb
    hec666 likes this.
    12-12-18 06:11 PM
    I actually the days separation. I like the whole deal but then change is nice and I'm no designer. There probably could be tweaks but no matter what they do it will be up for debate. I like that in dark theme the email send button can actually be seen now instead of charcoal in black
    12-12-18 06:18 PM
    I don't like all the cartoon colors in Android, in general, but I appreciate the design effort. I wish the designers could offer a gray-scale design with accent colors only when they convey information, such as account. But I have obviously been out voted by the market that likes their gadgets to be more toy-like.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-12-18 06:47 PM
    Have I told anyone in here that I hate Material Design - period!
    12-12-18 07:36 PM
    That's the only thing I don't like about it so far.
    In Dark mode yes there is space but way less noticeable.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    12-12-18 08:18 PM
    How do we join the beta?
    12-12-18 08:19 PM
    In Dark mode yes there is space but way less noticeable.
    Yes! I just switched to Dark Mode and it honestly looks like it was designed purposely for that. Looks even better when the "Upcoming Events" shade is open! I wish I could just keep it open...

The entire suite of apps look much better in Dark Mode which I normally don't mind other than in lit conditions in which Dark Mode is hard to read sometimes.

It would also bee nice if we had a system wide Dark Mode as transitioning in & out of apps that do not support this mode can be pretty abrupt.
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-12-18 08:21 PM
    How do we join the beta?
    I think if you go to Google play and find the apps scroll down a bit there is a link. Otherwise Google Blackberry beta program should get you there.
    12-12-18 08:29 PM
    I think if you go to Google play and find the apps scroll down a bit there is a link. Otherwise Google Blackberry beta program should get you there.
    Thanks. Wasn't in Google Play and didn't pop up in an immediate search but found it in a past Crackberry article.

https://bbbeta.centercode.com/home.html
    12-12-18 08:56 PM
    How can I view the new look? Can't see what yall see.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-18 12:45 AM
    Its a good change. Congrats team.

I am sure you people are working on getting the hub open faster. There is still a delay on opening the hub. It loads the messages etc a bit late as compared to app starting.
    12-13-18 12:47 AM
    @max-bb @LiamQ
    Not depend with the refreshed look, but in portrait mode (in landscape appear) please put the Quick File icon before the file icon in the open mail screen and in the mail list with selected mails on same account.

I use it a lot, and now need 2 steps: three dots (also on the top of the screen) and Quick file. .New BlackBerry App suite-notable-00005.jpegNew BlackBerry App suite-notable-00004.jpeg
    12-13-18 12:55 AM
    shame BlackBerry removed the apks from apkmirror. I want an updated gallery app.
    All the beta suite is there, that where I picked them since I don't have the Google Play Store.
    12-13-18 03:33 AM
    Maybe a switch between Settings gear icon and Refresh. Settings is not acces daily. Neither Refresh, but more than Settings.
    12-13-18 09:33 AM
    I love the new design, mainly for some of the new functions like the accessible bottom menus.

As for the visuals, it's a little to "loud" to my taste which is somewhat un-business like.

Here is my immediate feedback:

A. Too much gap between one day to another; the font is too big and if you ask me it is unnecessary to separate emails in days increments. I would get rid of it entirely or reduce the gap significantly.
    B. Though bottom menu disappears as the user scroll down it only works when scrolling on the screen, not when scrolling using the keypad.
    C. I can live without the pattern; too much design "noise".
    D. Stretch the message box all the way to the edge of the screen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00020.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	441749
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00021.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	441750

That was long time coming!

@LiamQ @max-bb
    I agree with all your comments and have made suggestion in the beta community as you pointed out. Also what do you guys think about moving the menu down to the bottom and swapping the attachment icon for the filter icon.
    12-13-18 10:52 AM
    @LiamQ @max-bb

As you can see the SMS Sent Message Indicator overlap the name of the person the message was sent to:

New BlackBerry App suite-1544727012052.jpg
    12-13-18 12:58 PM
    We are on it!

I hear it looks better in condensed view
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-13-18 01:01 PM
    Is it possible for a moderator to move this thread to the Apps forum? I don't regularly monitor the device forums.
    the brother likes this.
    12-13-18 01:02 PM
    Interesting... I'm not getting the overlap that you are showing.

Bob
    12-13-18 01:02 PM
    We are on it!

Yeah I tried! For some odd reason I can't get used to condensed. I will give it another shot.

Thanks for replying!
    12-13-18 01:03 PM
    Is it possible for a moderator to move this thread to the Apps forum? I don't regularly monitor the device forums.
    Yes! I requested it via the menu

Mod: if you are reading the proper Forum is BlackBerry Hub+ Suite
    12-13-18 01:04 PM
    Interesting... I'm not getting the overlap that you are showing.

Bob
    You are probably using a different view.
    12-13-18 01:04 PM
    The new function that shows if you're replying, replying to all, or forward is excellent. Plus you can change from one to the other right the email you're working on.
    12-13-18 01:06 PM
    We are on it!

Indeed better!
    12-13-18 01:06 PM
195 1234 ...