All apps seem to have gotten an update today. Only thing I can really tell, is in the hub when going into individual accounts (example - Hotmail, Gmail, etc) the header of that accounts is same color you assigned it. It is def not a bad idea or change. The only thing I wish is that blackberry please, please, please make the main hub area a neutral color, white(light theme), black (dark theme) or even a grey. Why is the main hub area blue? Just makes no sense to me... @LiamQ. Please blackberry please listen to loyal customers and change this..
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-13-19 12:41 PM
    the colours in the accounts are a very good idea! however there is a bug or a bad change: you do not see the account colours anymore on the notifications
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-13-19 01:21 PM
    The only thing I wish is that blackberry please, please, please make the main hub area a neutral color, white(light theme), black (dark theme) or even a grey. Why is the main hub area blue? Just makes no sense to me... @LiamQ. Please blackberry please listen to loyal customers and change this..
    Completely agree! The main view header color needs to be either neutral or customizable.
    02-13-19 01:43 PM
    the colours in the accounts are a very good idea! however there is a bug or a bad change: you do not see the account colours anymore on the notifications
    I just tested it and I do see the account color in my notifications.
    @LiamQ confirmed the same in another thread.
    02-13-19 02:14 PM
    hm. See attached screenshot. first account (exchange) is a 'red' account, the second one (IMAP) suposed to be yellow
    Last edited by mschmiechen; 02-13-19 at 03:16 PM.
    02-13-19 02:18 PM
    hm. See attached screenshot. first account (exchange) is a 'red' account, the second one (IMAP) so poses to be yellow
    Attached Thumbnails New Apps Update (Beta)-29738.jpg  
    02-13-19 02:19 PM
    Thanks @RK_BB, seriously I just don't understand why BlackBerry won't listen sometimes. We are very loyal users who have stuck around and we honestly have the brands best intentions. I read another thread where people were complaining about the artwork (inside the hub)on the banner as well and the colored banner and what do they do, add more colors...lol I mean seriously there is a reason why everyone else is doing a more minimalist approach and here BlackBerry is trying to buck the trend with there few million users left and doing the complete opposite of everyone else. (Design Wise) They need to concentrate on making a good useful product (hub) while also staying with today's trends(design wise) and that will attract more users...just my 2 cents and sorry for the rant.
    02-13-19 02:47 PM
    And another thing while I'm at it, why in God's name does BBM not have a dark theme yet. Every other app in the suite has it except BBM. What is that all about? But at least BBM took the minimalist approach with their header and design. Maybe they are done by 2 different companies that need to get on the same page. But it is just ridiculous at this point..
    02-13-19 02:53 PM
    Looks like this issue is specific to Android P.

I reported it to the dev in another thread.
    02-13-19 03:12 PM
    @RK_BB Thanks!
    02-13-19 03:17 PM
    Thanks @RK_BB, seriously I just don't understand why BlackBerry won't listen sometimes. We are very loyal users who have stuck around and we honestly have the brands best intentions. I read another thread where people were complaining about the artwork (inside the hub)on the banner as well and the colored banner and what do they do, add more colors...lol I mean seriously there is a reason why everyone else is doing a more minimalist approach and here BlackBerry is trying to buck the trend with there few million users left and doing the complete opposite of everyone else. (Design Wise) They need to concentrate on making a good useful product (hub) while also staying with today's trends(design wise) and that will attract more users...just my 2 cents and sorry for the rant.
    You don't think the developers care?

There is a beta program for the app suite, and we all fill out questionnaires at regular intervals. BlackBerry has all the data, and the list of needs, wants, and preferences.

Your interpretation of what "everybody" wants is anecdotal and hardly scientific.

Did YOU respond to the beta survey regarding account/HUB colours?
    02-13-19 03:17 PM
    You don't think the developers care?

There is a beta program for the app suite, and we all fill out questionnaires at regular intervals. BlackBerry has all the data, and the list of needs, wants, and preferences.
    It's true and quite honestly, as much as I prefer a cleaner more business-like designs I am sure they don't operate in a vacuum.

For example, just a few weeks ago I submitted a survey that collected user opinion on account coloring and what do you know? It was implemented.

The fact that the devs don't have the same taste you and I share doesn't mean they don't listen.

It is possible, and very probable actually that more people like the current design...like it or not
    conite likes this.
    02-13-19 03:21 PM
    Then why is it not fixed w this update if they care? They just added more colors to the other banners and didn't address any of the complaints. Again, everyone who has still stuck around wants to see blackberry do well especially me, but dude come on with some of these decisions. They have a banner with art work that looks like my 5 year old drew it. You think an executive of a company or a person BlackBerry brands themselves toward wants to see that? They just they just recently just changed the background of BBM to be customizable to get rid of the artwork in the backround and then they add it to the hub banner. Lol does that make sense to anyone?
    02-13-19 03:27 PM
    Then why is it not fixed w this update if they care? They just added more colors to the other banners and didn't address any of the complaints.
    What other complaints are you referring to?
    Again, everyone who has still stuck around wants to see blackberry do well especially me, but dude come on with some of these decisions. They have a banner with art work that looks like my 5 year old drew it. You think an executive of a company or a person BlackBerry brands themselves toward wants to see that? They just they just recently just changed the background of BBM to be customizable to get rid of the artwork in the backround and then they add it to the hub banner. Lol does that make sense to anyone?
    These visual designs were not made in a vacuum, I promise you. As much as you and I don't like them, they were carefully selected and reviewed by marketing professionals before they were pushed out.

I am pretty sure these designs are aligned with the marketing language of the company going forward.

Don't get me wrong, not my cup of tea but also not our decision though we are provided a platform on which we can voice it in forms of this forum and periodic surveys and I guess that unfortunately our taste, simply isn't theirs.
    02-13-19 03:35 PM
    I understand what you are saying I do but then don't brand yourself on business users, executives and people who get things done and then make decisions like this. They need to get their act together and decide what direction they are truly going in. Someone had an amazing idea in one of the other threads to put useful info in the header like stock quotes, news updates, sports updates, etc, instead of that drawing design. That would be something so different and geared towards black Berry users. Again this is my opinion only not to offend anyone
    02-13-19 04:10 PM
    I understand what you are saying I do but then don't brand yourself on business users, executives and people who get things done and then make decisions like this.
    Not all businesses lead clinical designs; look at Disney for example. The future for BlackBerry is millennials that grow into the business world, not all of which is enterprise looking, as much I prefer that look. They need to speak to everyone with their designs and that's not an easy feat.
    Someone had an amazing idea in one of the other threads to put useful info in the header like stock quotes, news updates, sports updates, etc, instead of that drawing design. That would be something so different and geared towards black Berry users. Again this is my opinion only not to offend anyone
    Yeah, that was me! I have a ton of great ideas, most of which receive no attention or demotion....
    02-13-19 04:36 PM
    Listen as much as I hate to admit it, Apple and Google are both doing something right and millennials plus everyone else in the world loves them and their design choices /marketing. They should just follow their lead like everyone else does and make their design choices around that. Especially considering the fact that they now have an app suite that is compatible with android users, it would make the all round look more cohesive and less busy. Lol and I forgot to even mention their ridiculous choice for app icons, which they ruined lol I will leave that for another time but who the hell did they hire over there that is coming out with this stuff? No one else is doing it. No one! Not apple. Not android/google. No one.
    02-13-19 04:46 PM
    Listen as much as I hate to admit it, Apple and Google are both doing something right and millennials plus everyone else in the world loves them and their design choices /marketing. They should just follow their lead like everyone else does and make their design choices around that. Especially considering the fact that they now have an app suite that is compatible with android users, it would make the all round look more cohesive and less busy. Lol and I forgot to even mention their ridiculous choice for app icons, which they ruined lol I will leave that for another time but who the hell did they hire over there that is coming out with this stuff? No one else is doing it. No one! Not apple. Not android/google. No one.
    I can't argue with that. You have a point but maybe that's their shot in a differentiation attempt which by the way, I am all for as general approach...a black car always works but at some point it gets boring.

Give it chance; I might grow on you. Happened to me with many new cars in the past; for the life of me I could not figure the design direction and sure enough after a year I kinda dug it...
    02-13-19 05:02 PM
    They have been using that approach for how many years? Trying to differentiate themselves from everyone else. That approach is not working, and being like everyone else is not a bad thing if you can bring something else to the game that is better or is not there yet.(example- hub). Maybe they should try a new approach now...again as a disclaimer, my opinion only.
    02-13-19 05:11 PM
    Can you imagine if blackberry was able to get the hub to iPhone? That would be amazing. I'd have my friends on it in like 2 seconds and I guarantee they would fall in love with it...
    02-13-19 05:12 PM
    Can you imagine if blackberry was able to get the hub to iPhone? That would be amazing. I'd have my friends on it in like 2 seconds and I guarantee they would fall in love with it...
    IPhone would never allow it, and also has no API for 3rd parties to intercept notifications.
    02-13-19 05:42 PM
    IPhone would never allow it, and also has no API for 3rd parties to intercept notifications.
    I am surprised that Apple have not copied Hub by now
    02-13-19 05:48 PM
    I am surprised that Apple have not copied Hub by now
    Maybe It's not such a great concept! I love it and to me, right after the keyboard it's a BlackBerry staple but almost anyone I am showing it to don't really like having all their messages in one place...
    02-13-19 06:44 PM
    Personally I think BlackBerry ought to concentrate on the whatever the most recent version of Android is (stock) and follow that lead in terms of material design. Google sans font, header sizes, etc. They also need to trim down the widgets to eliminate the borders, and perhaps some transparency effects as well so they could be an "overlay" on the home screen. This could be an option of course, as to not interfere with the pop up widgets.

I really believe BlackBerry ought to develop its own text messaging and dialer app as well. Not only for added security and privacy, but that so the the core functions of business users: email, calendar, contacts, messaging, and telephone - can be incorporated seamlessly in terms of notifications via the Hub.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-14-19 08:56 AM
    Personally I think BlackBerry ought to concentrate on the whatever the most recent version of Android is (stock) and follow that lead in terms of material design. Google sans font, header sizes, etc. They also need to trim down the widgets to eliminate the borders, and perhaps some transparency effects as well so they could be an "overlay" on the home screen. This could be an option of course, as to not interfere with the pop up widgets.

I really believe BlackBerry ought to develop its own text messaging and dialer app as well. Not only for added security and privacy, but that so the the core functions of business users: email, calendar, contacts, messaging, and telephone - can be incorporated seamlessly in terms of notifications via the Hub.
    I fully agree! However, I do not want a fully separate text messages app, I want it to be integrated into the Hub just like on BB10. But yeah, they should do it and also make everything Material and Google Sans.
    02-14-19 12:16 PM
28 12