Two major ones:

- Move the top bar to bottom with the compose blue circle. This is more natural requiring less finger travel for things like search or attachments or to look at specific accounts

- Long press on an email, and in tapping the three dots, add the features " search sender" and "search Subject".
    gizmo21 and RK_BB like this.
    03-12-17 03:03 AM
    Bottom-Navigation should really be a no brainer with today's screensizes. Don't know why most devs still think just cause there was top navigation before it should stay this way.
    anon(679606) and RK_BB like this.
    03-12-17 04:44 AM
    Bottom-Navigation should really be a no brainer with today's screensizes. Don't know why most devs still think just cause there was top navigation before it should stay this way.
    Exactly. The goal of productivity needs to filter development, particularly for BlackBerry..
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-12-17 09:41 AM
    Join the Beta program and post your requests there, more likely for the respective devs to notice them. Sure, they're lurking around here but doesn't mean they see every post.
    03-12-17 10:07 AM
    Absolutely agree....I made several suggestions here, particularly to how Hub works with WhatsApp in addition to some others and was recommended by another user to email blackberry support which I did and never received a reply...didn't expect one anyway.

Blackberry developers SHOULD be in this forum and read most posts, in particular the ones that pertain to their new app suite, if software is the new blackberry.....being on a developer beta just to be able to communicate a suggestion doesn't make sense.

Kevin is here, and if he is reading these posts and think they make sense I would expect him to communicate it to the appropriate people within blackberry.

Honestly some of these navigation requirements are pretty standard and we shouldn't beg for them, especially as paying users.
    03-12-17 12:35 PM
    Join the Beta program and post your requests there, more likely for the respective devs to notice them. Sure, they're lurking around here but doesn't mean they see every post.
    It's good idea. I am part of the beta program, so I will raise it there. In the mean time I think this forum offers the chance for every one to affirm or provide/ discuss suggestions which may be useful to developers. Just thinking.... The more users discuss/ suggest, the more refined discussion can become. ..
    03-12-17 02:30 PM
    Oh definitely, just making suggestions to increase the chances of your requests getting implemented.
    03-12-17 04:43 PM
    I'd like to see a right swipe on the home screen to go straight into my Hub, I really miss that off bb10, but so far loving the android
    03-12-17 05:10 PM
    I'd like to see a right swipe on the home screen to go straight into my Hub, I really miss that off bb10, but so far loving the android
    If you use Nova launcher you can apply their swipe up gesture to reveal the Hub however this is not quite like the Peek action in BB10 where you can see new message notifications without fully engaging the Hub.

Hopefully BlackBerry will implement some of these super productive features BB10 is known for and is the reason why so many local blackberry users never really made the switch.
    03-12-17 05:33 PM
    Get rid of that blue splash opening hub
    03-14-17 12:28 PM
    My full wish list for Hub, some of which was mentioned here in this very post as well as others. I listed it in an order which I think is the easiest to achieve to the most complex. @LiamQ: I would greatly appreciate your review:

Customize the quick action bar at the bottom of an open email message:

At the moment, the only actions available are: Reply, Reply All & Forward. I would like to have the option to customize the bar; for example replace ‘reply all’ with ‘delete’ which will put ‘reply all’ at the top of the email message screen (where the ‘delete’ button is currently at).

Generally speaking, there are more ‘delete’ actions required by users than ‘reply’ and definitely ‘reply all’. This feature will promote one-handed operation as large screens require far thumb finger travel which in some cases is impossible without repositioning the device in the user’s hands.

Call & text by gesture directly from the Hub’s call log:

At the moment, the user can press the call log item and dial the number from there. My suggestion is to allow the following gestures:

Swipe Right: Call number
    Swipe Left: Text number

This setting needs to be independent of the custom ‘Swipe Gesture Action’ that is already built in to the app. In other words, this setting needs to only apply for call logs.

Improve App Navigation:

Allow the user to move the top app navigation bar to the bottom of the screen or allow moving the menu button to the right in order to promote one handed operation.

Many phones with cases do not respond very well to the edge swipe that reveal the menu of the app (any app for that matter) therefore the only way to reveal the menu is by pressing the menu button which if the users has a large screen is placed too far and unreachable when used with the right hand.

English apps & operating systems are designed with a Left to Right mindset out of the box but it doesn’t have to be that way and does not necessarily correspond to the language used from accessibility & productivity point of view.

Long press on a message allow filtering by the Sender:

At the moment, long press on an email message allow the user to delete it, file it or access a menu with array of actions. I would like to see the option to filter or search all messages received from the sender in one click, much like in BB10.

Create Peek View:

Perhaps this is a launcher feature, not Hub per se. Would like to be able to access the Hub similarly to BB10; the gesture should reveal the Hub with a finger movement to an eventual full app opening and not just open the Hub which will not create the much-desired option to peek at the Hub and release it back to the background.

Preferably, peeking should work from any page (or any open app for that matter) not just from the home page. This most likely will require an edge swipe.

It is important to note that some launchers allow to open apps with gestures; this is hardly the same experience. It provides the ability to open an app with a gesture, not reveal it.

Improve WhatsApp integration:

The reason I bring WhatsApp and not many other apps is because this is one of the largest messaging platforms out there, used by many as their preferred method of communication.

While this will require collaborating with WhatsApp (hence it’s at the bottom of this wish list) the user experience needs to be similar to how Textra works with Hub. Instead of complete app redirection (from which the return to Hub require two presses on the back button) try to tap into WhatsApp’s already built in popup window that allow replying to messages as an overlay.

Alternatively, if the above is too difficult, how about creating a Reply button (or perhaps gesture) that will send the user to the message with the keyboard revealed and ready to type (in the event no physical keyboard exists)?

I would like to see Hub integrate WhatsApp calls as well & allow calling by gesture directly from Hub much like suggested above for the phone’s call log.

Sincerely and respectfully submitted,

A hopeful BB crackhead…. 😊
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-23-17 07:05 PM