Good Day

Recently switched out a Samsung S5 with a Google pixel 2

Black berry hub is being used on the S5 for text, facebook, whatsup, and email

Was wondering if there is any way to 100% move all the Hub related and settings?

I've externally moved txt, call logs, & whatsup accross to the new phone and the Hub has reconnected with it; but I'm still lost on how to move the Pop3 email which looks to be embedded within the Hub (Under settings/accounts, there is a "Blackberry Hub+ account" which has the email settings underneath.

Thanks

Paul
    10-30-18 11:15 AM
    Good Day

Recently switched out a Samsung S5 with a Google pixel 2

Black berry hub is being used on the S5 for text, facebook, whatsup, and email

Was wondering if there is any way to 100% move all the Hub related and settings?

I've externally moved txt, call logs, & whatsup accross to the new phone and the Hub has reconnected with it; but I'm still lost on how to move the Pop3 email which looks to be embedded within the Hub (Under settings/accounts, there is a "Blackberry Hub+ account" which has the email settings underneath.

Thanks

Paul
    I don't think so. You can back up phone calls and texts, and emails will sync from servers. Calls and texts might appear in the Hub? Other apps may or may not re-download info. Hub data can't be transferred.
    10-30-18 11:53 AM
    The pop3 email account is the limiting factor here. It's not the Hub. The nature of pop3, developed back when everyone only had email on a single device, sually their PCs, is such that once an email is read, it's downloaded to the device it is read on and disappears from the server. There is no real "syncing" of pop3 emails.

Unless the email client is set to leave a copy on the server after reading.

The newer protocols like IMAP and EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) allow multiple devices to sync emails so that all devices from PC, to work PCs to phones to tablets can see the same emails - read, unread or otherwise.

I'm not aware of a backup or archive function to send emails to a folder for moving in the Hub There may be other apps that can do it. But that's what you'll have to use. That's if your emails are not saved on the server.
    10-30-18 01:16 PM
    @joeldf Hub does not delete emails from POP3 servers for this reason (until it is deleted from the device). It does not work in the download-and-delete mode. Your messages are still there.
    11-02-18 04:17 PM
    @joeldf Hub does not delete emails from POP3 servers for this reason (until it is deleted from the device). It does not work in the download-and-delete mode. Your messages are still there.
    My mistake. Thanks for the correction.

I've never used the Hub with a pop3 account. Not even on BB10. Back when I first got my Z10 back in 2013, I also found out my ISP upgraded to IMAP. I seem to recall having to set my old 9800 to save on server so if I read my home email on the phone, so it wouldn't dissappear when I checked it on my PC later.
    11-02-18 04:25 PM