Is there a list of Android Hub integrations that support in-line response similar to BB10? I'm tired of the Hub opening other apps instead of just letting me respond from within the Hub.

I know that this isn't BlackBerry's fault. But I want to stop using most services that don't support full Hub integration. Using the Hub for notifications only is not productive for me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-08-18 09:26 AM
    Last list I saw was >>>> https://crackberry.com/here-are-andr...blackberry-hub

Generally if I need an app, I need the app.... HUB integration might be preferred, but I'm not going to delete the app if it's not made that way.

Tend to use the Android notification tray more then HUB... kinda like HUB only being email.
    02-08-18 09:51 AM
    I think Hub based email accounts are the only ones, everything else will open a new app.
    02-08-18 10:19 AM
    There is not a single Hub integrated app that support a true in-line reply experience with the exception of Textra (SMS app) which has really nothing to do with Hub, rather that's how Textra is designed by default.

I am completely with OP the matter; Hub redirection can be very annoying, especially when it's buggy leading the user to some random areas of the integrated app i.e. WhatsApp & WeChat.

Problem is that except for developing Hub to be an SMS client (in addition to email) which can then support a true in-line reply experience there is no hope since all other apps will have to open an API to Hub in order to support in-line reply and we know that's not likely to happen.

Unfortunately, I don't see them developing Hub to become an SMS client so IMO that's pretty much as far as we will get.

Hope this answers the question.
    02-08-18 11:04 AM
    Yep.

It's an Android business model problem. Apps are free, and the app developers need users on their platform to monetize them.

I'd much rather pay for services that provide APIs for full integration with the Hub. Since that doesn't exist, I'll minimize the number of siloed platforms I use. The whole point for me is to work from a single app as much as possible. Task switching is a distraction.

02-08-18 11:24 AM
    Yep.

It's an Android business model problem. Apps are free, and the app developers need users on their platform to monetize them.

I'd much rather pay for services that provide APIs for full integration with the Hub. Since that doesn't exist, I'll minimize the number of siloed platforms I use. The whole point for me is to work from a single app as much as possible. Task switching is a distraction.

Well, there is a way around that specific 'business model issue'.

Please follow my exchange starting at post # 67 of this thread:
    /blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/whatsapp-integration-since-last-beta-hub-update-1132263/
    02-08-18 11:28 AM
    There is not a single Hub integrated app that support a true in-line reply experience with the exception of Textra (SMS app) which has really nothing to do with Hub, rather that's how Textra is designed by default.

I am completely with OP the matter; Hub redirection can be very annoying, especially when it's buggy leading the user to some random areas of the integrated app i.e. WhatsApp & WeChat.

Problem is that except for developing Hub to be an SMS client (in addition to email) which can then support a true in-line reply experience there is no hope since all other apps will have to open an API to Hub in order to support in-line reply and we know that's not likely to happen.

Unfortunately, I don't see them developing Hub to become an SMS client so IMO that's pretty much as far as we will get.

Hope this answers the question.
    Money....

We know Chen, and he is all about keeping cost under control. I expect he cut that department back to a minimum and is waiting for results. BBMo might be happy with what they have done (what ever that might be), but that doesn't mean that BlackBerry is all that happy about the three licensees combined performance.
    02-08-18 01:32 PM