am I missing something? isn't the hub still working as before except for the fact we lost the ability to see sent text messages and some phones don't show call logs?
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    02-23-19 04:08 PM
    am I missing something? isn't the hub still working as before except for the fact we lost the ability to see sent text messages and some phones don't show call logs?
    That's right.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    02-23-19 04:54 PM
    That's right.
    In fairness, yes on all BlackBerry devices and some tested Android devices.

Other devices see other issues like not seeing entries at all or being redirected to the message list within the integrated app rather than to the actual message.

All the more reasons to buy a BlackBerry!

I always thought that keeping the suite exclusive to BlackBerry was one way to protect the brand and retain users otherwise the only talking point is the keyboard and for corporate users security.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-23-19 04:59 PM
    The Hub on my KeyONE is now not showing any text messages. Account tab for text messages says there are no items to display.
    02-23-19 05:52 PM
    The Hub on my KeyONE is now not showing any text messages. Account tab for text messages says there are no items to display.
    Please ensure this permission is set to On:

Settings \ Apps & notifications \ Special access \ Notification access

Turn on "BlackBerry Hub+ Services"
    02-23-19 05:56 PM
    Please ensure this permission is set to On:

Settings \ Apps & notifications \ Special access \ Notification access

Turn on "BlackBerry Hub+ Services"
    It is on.
    02-23-19 06:01 PM
    It is on.
    Did you test it by sending yourself a message from a different device?

Old messages will not appear in your Hub but new ones should.
    02-23-19 06:02 PM
    Oh okay. I wasn't aware that old ones weren't going to show. I'll wait for a new text message to see if it's in the Hub. Thanks
    02-23-19 06:09 PM
    Oh okay. I wasn't aware that old ones weren't going to show. I'll wait for a new text message to see if it's in the Hub. Thanks
    What carrier are you with? You can send an email to text with some of them.

For example, T Mobile uses [email protected]
    02-23-19 06:11 PM
    What carrier are you with? You can send an email to text with some of them.

For example, T Mobile uses [email protected]
    Good call. Confirm it's working for new texts.
    RK_BB likes this.
    02-23-19 06:15 PM
    Same on my KEY2. All permissions are granted. I'm aware that it's only for new text messages, but new messages aren't showing up either.
    02-26-19 12:13 PM
    Same on my KEY2. All permissions are granted. I'm aware that it's only for new text messages, but new messages aren't showing up either.
    Please confirm that "Settings - Apps & notifications - Special access - Notification access - BlackBerry Hub+ Services" is enabled.

If you're still having trouble with that enabled, please let us know which SMS client you're using, including its version number. Also confirm that you haven't turned off notifications for that SMS client.
    02-26-19 02:15 PM
    Please confirm that "Settings - Apps & notifications - Special access - Notification access - BlackBerry Hub+ Services" is enabled.

If you're still having trouble with that enabled, please let us know which SMS client you're using, including its version number. Also confirm that you haven't turned off notifications for that SMS client.
    All enabled, Notifications for SMS are also enabled. My client is the default Messages app from Android, version 4.0.054, on the KEY2.
    02-26-19 03:02 PM
    Why is google being a **** against in these two issues (Tech and call log)
    02-27-19 05:51 AM
    Why is google being a **** against in these two issues (Tech and call log)
    Evolving the reputation of their OS to one that is known for consistency and standardization controlled on the OS level.
    02-27-19 07:04 AM
    Evolving the reputation of their OS to one that is known for consistency and standardization controlled on the OS level.
    That's one way of seeing it. It's Google's OS. Developers have two choices. Either keep up or get left behind.
    02-27-19 05:16 PM
    That's one way of seeing it. It's Google's OS. Developers have two choices. Either keep up or get left behind.
    Which is exactly what BlackBerry is doing.

With finite resources, I'm glad they refreshed all the apps rather than chase SMS-sent unicorns.
    02-27-19 05:33 PM

With finite resources, I'm glad they refreshed all the apps rather than chase SMS-sent unicorns.
    You forgot ridden by leprechauns
    02-27-19 05:41 PM

If you set the bar low enough, almost any goal that could have been achieved becomes a "unicorn".

Unfortunately, it seems the BlackBerry "profit centre" aspires to a very low standard indeed. Quite a bit lower than most companies in the phone business whose logo means something beyond a loyalty cheque.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact they are suing many of the developers whose apps their customers (at one time) wanted to see integrated with the HUB? A bit difficult to build rapport with others in the industry when you are perceived as washed up patent trolls. I wonder how many developers worry they might show up next on BlackBerry's hit list?

Might as well be an email app and be done with this charade while they still have some dignity left.
    02-27-19 06:06 PM
    If you set the bar low enough, almost any goal that could have been achieved becomes a "unicorn".

Unfortunately, it seems the BlackBerry "profit centre" aspires to a very low standard indeed. Quite a bit lower than most companies in the phone business whose logo means something beyond a loyalty cheque.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact they are suing many of the developers their customers (at one time) wanted to see integrated with the HUB? A bit difficult to build rapport with others in the industry when you are perceived as washed up patent trolls. I wonder how many devekopers worry they might snow up next on BlackBerry's hit list?

Might as well be an email app and be done with this charade while they still have some dignity left.
    We are talking about a single app - the HUB. What are you talking about?

What does the patent issue have to do with support of the following apps in the HUB:

BBM, BBM Enterprise, Contacts+, Discord, Facebook, Facebook Lite, Messenger, Messenger Lite, Hangouts, GroupMe, Instagram, KakaoTalk, Kik, Line, Line Lite, LinkedIn, Microsoft Teams, Pinterest, QQ, QQ International, QQ Lite, Qzone, Reddit, Remind, Signal, Skype, Skype (CN), Skype Lite, Skype for Business, Slack, TextNow, Telegram, Tmblr, Twitter, Viber Messages, WeChat, WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, Xing, Yahoo Messenger, and Zalo

Many of these were added in the last 18 months.
    Last edited by conite; 02-27-19 at 06:21 PM.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-27-19 06:07 PM

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact they are suing many of the developers whose apps their customers (at one time) wanted to see integrated with the HUB? A bit difficult to build rapport with others in the industry when you are perceived as washed up patent trolls. I wonder how many developers worry they might show up next on BlackBerry's hit list?

If someone developed anything using BB patents then BB deserves their share. BB itself was sued in 2003-2004 for patent infringement. That’s only fair to anyone that successfully patents anything...
    02-27-19 06:27 PM
    We are talking about a single app - the HUB. What are you talking about?

What does the patent issue have to do with support of the following apps in the HUB:

BBM, BBM Enterprise, Contacts+, Discord, Facebook, Facebook Lite, Messenger, Messenger Lite, Hangouts, GroupMe, Instagram, KakaoTalk, Kik, Line, Line Lite, LinkedIn, Microsoft Teams, Pinterest, QQ, QQ International, QQ Lite, Qzone, Reddit, Remind, Signal, Skype, Skype (CN), Skype Lite, Skype for Business, Slack, TextNow, Telegram, Tmblr, Twitter, Viber Messages, WeChat, WhatsApp, WhatsApp Business, Xing, Yahoo Messenger, and Zalo

Many of these were added in the last 18 months.
    Don't forget, half broken SMS and broken call logs on some devices. I wonder how long it will be before Google pulls the rug out from under BlackBerry on those too?

Listen, I think it's great you are recently convinced the HUB was never meant for anything more than email, even though it clearly goes against the notion of what a HUB is, not to mention what it was. I do find it intriguing though, how you went from initially suggesting the HUB become an SMS client when this issue first came up - to "unicorn status" in the span of a few days.

After first watching BlackBerry Mobile cash out on dollar store hardware, and now watching software heading down the same road - I'm sorry, but the software and the quality of the app suite is where I draw the line. I suppose I can only blame myself from expecting any more from a cheque cashing exercise.

It's certainly going to be interesting when the version 2 update hits the masses and Playstore and these forums are flooding with complaints. But that's OK, the BlackBerry spin machine is already geared up for another round.
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-27-19 07:17 PM
    you went from initially suggesting the HUB become an SMS client when this issue first came up - to "unicorn status" in the span of a few days.
    I was asking a technical question, and then researched the answer. It now makes perfect sense to me that it would be a colossal waste of resources.

The HUB was always touted to be a notification aggregator - not a bundle of app clients.
    02-27-19 07:21 PM
    If someone developed anything using BB patents then BB deserves their share. BB itself was sued in 2003-2004 for patent infringement. That’s only fair to anyone that successfully patents anything...
    BlackBerry will get what they deserve, no doubt.
    02-27-19 07:24 PM
    BlackBerry will get what they deserve, no doubt.
    So if you owned and/or developed a valuable patent you wouldn't exercise your right to defend it or extract compensation?
    02-27-19 07:27 PM
126 12345 ...