The latest beta version of Contacts released today has a bug. When certain contacts are selected and opened the app crashes and closes. Version 1.5.6.13790.
    10-04-17 06:18 PM
    Anybody with BlackBerry seeing this? This needs to be fixed please. Getting close to ditching Hub and all BlackBerry apps and using something else.
    10-04-17 10:44 PM
    Anybody with BlackBerry seeing this? This needs to be fixed please. Getting close to ditching Hub and all BlackBerry apps and using something else.
    You're getting close to ditching the apps because you joined a Beta and are experiencing bugs? What were you expecting in a beta test exactly?

As for the contacts App issue. Not experiencing this. Just tried opening a few to test. Gues can't really say for sure since I'm not going to open all of them. But almost wondering if you have some corrupt contact file or something somewhere.
    10-04-17 10:55 PM
    You're getting close to ditching the apps because you joined a Beta and are experiencing bugs? What were you expecting in a beta test exactly?

As for the contacts App issue. Not experiencing this. Just tried opening a few to test. Gues can't really say for sure since I'm not going to open all of them. But almost wondering if you have some corrupt contact file or something somewhere.
    That's a good point. Let me offer a counterpoint. If I could Roll back to a working version I wouldn't be contemplating leaving the BlackBerry suite of apps. But since I cannot rollback and I need a functioning set of pim apps, I see little choice.
    10-04-17 10:59 PM
    That's a good point. Let me offer a counterpoint. If I could Roll back to a working version I wouldn't be contemplating leaving the BlackBerry suite of apps. But since I cannot rollback and I need a functioning set of pim apps, I see little choice.
    I believe you can roll back. Find the apk on apk mirror. And then maybe request to be removed from the beta after that maybe?
    10-04-17 11:02 PM
    Older version apk doesn't work. Maybe a problem with Hub+ services
    10-05-17 12:26 AM
    Fixed. Removed my main exchange account from Hub and re-added it.
    10-05-17 12:36 AM
    Fixed. Removed my main exchange account from Hub and re-added it.
    Great to hear. Seems odd that would crash contacts App but I guess who knows what kind of glitch was there.
    10-05-17 07:51 AM
    The issue came back. Its gotta be in Hub+ services
    10-05-17 08:08 AM
    The issue came back. Its gotta be in Hub+ services
    Could you send a Bug Report to [email protected] after hitting the crash? To send a bug report, you will need to enable Developer options (tap 7 times on Build Number in Settings -> About Phone). Then in Settings -> Developer options, you can tap “Take bug report” and share that with an email client. If the option is greyed out, toggle “Enable USB Debugging”, which should enable it.
    10-05-17 08:59 AM
    Could you send a Bug Report to [email protected] after hitting the crash? To send a bug report, you will need to enable Developer options (tap 7 times on Build Number in Settings -> About Phone). Then in Settings -> Developer options, you can tap “Take bug report” and share that with an email client. If the option is greyed out, toggle “Enable USB Debugging”, which should enable it.
    Done. Sent. Thanks for looking into this for me LiamQ.
    10-05-17 09:06 AM
    Also, just a reminder for others, don't join beta testing groups if you can't afford to deal with bugs. All software has bugs, but beta software is EXPECTED to have bugs.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-05-17 09:41 AM
    Done. Sent. Thanks for looking into this for me LiamQ.
    Thanks for sending the Bug Report. We'll try to fix it before the non-beta release.
    10-05-17 10:33 AM
    Thanks for sending the Bug Report. We'll try to fix it before the non-beta release.
    Any idea on timing? Not pushing, but just need a bit of guidance so I can decide if I can wait things out or if I want to try another PIM platform. Thanks Liam.
    10-05-17 11:01 AM
    Any idea on timing? Not pushing, but just need a bit of guidance so I can decide if I can wait things out or if I want to try another PIM platform. Thanks Liam.
    Just install prior version from apkmirror. Simple.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...erry-contacts/
    10-05-17 11:04 AM
    Just install prior version from apkmirror. Simple.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/blackb...erry-contacts/
    I did that for BlackBerry contacts. Didn't help. Can I keep the new beta versions and just roll back Hub+ services? Or do I need to rollback all the apps? Thanks for chiming in, Conite.
    10-05-17 11:11 AM
    I did that for BlackBerry contacts. Didn't help. Can I keep the new beta versions and just roll back Hub+ services? Or do I need to rollback all the apps? Thanks for chiming in, Conite.
    If you roll back Services (which you may have to), you may have to roll back the HUB too. You'll know soon enough.
    10-05-17 11:13 AM
    I don't think it's a new bug. It could be something that was triggered by an OS update.

We have a fix in code review now. We should have it out to beta users next week.
    10-05-17 12:55 PM
    I don't think it's a new bug. It could be something that was triggered by an OS update.

We have a fix in code review now. We should have it out to beta users next week.
    Woo hoo! That's good stuff. Thanks Liam. Just for the record I am using the entire BlackBerry suite on a factory unlocked S8+.
    10-05-17 01:00 PM
    It has a few other problems as well. I can't remove Yahoo.ca and readd it. It doesn't see it on the list, so can't remove.
    It doesn't allow yahoo.ca to find yahoo contacts even though they are there.

The priv quite a few bugs and nobody fixes them. Some are on apps and some with phones.

And Snapchat screenshots give bug errors.

I am not on beta.

And that freaking google... everywhere I go, it follows me. Oh are 10 mins away from home. You are 45 mins home. I have a few swear words for that.
    10-06-17 07:59 AM
    Woo hoo! That's good stuff. Thanks Liam. Just for the record I am using the entire BlackBerry suite on a factory unlocked S8+.
    Just got a beta update for hub, Contacts and calendar. Might want to check and see if your issue is fixed.
    10-06-17 03:59 PM
    Just got a beta update for hub, Contacts and calendar. Might want to check and see if your issue is fixed.
    Excellent of you to let me know.
    10-06-17 04:01 PM
    Dang. Contacts bug persists
    10-06-17 04:07 PM
    Ooh. After removing and re-adding my exchange account it appears fixed.
    10-06-17 05:30 PM
    Ooh. After removing and re-adding my exchange account it appears fixed.
    Good stuff. Hopefully stays that way.
    10-06-17 05:32 PM
45 12