anyone seeing this? all my group texts in the hub have no names next to them....
    05-17-17 12:28 PM
    Don't know why BlackBerry hasn't added their own SMS/MMS Client.....

But HUB+ paired with Verizon's Messaging+ is working fine.

What phone and texting application are your using.
    05-17-17 02:00 PM

05-17-17 02:00 PM
    100% agree. Sure, there is no shortage of great SMS/MMS apps already in the Play store, and many offer excellent customization, but to me an integrated solution is all I need. I don't need to tweak the layout or add thousands of emoji packs, I just want the Hub UI and integrated SMS. One thing I dislike about Android is every app's UI is left to the developer, so you get different experiences throughout the system, not just for messaging. I want a consistent experience, like BB10. I guess that's the price we pay for more apps, but what I really want now are standards... and SMS integration in the Hub closes the gap considerably.
    05-17-17 03:42 PM

i'm just using the stock android text app with HUB. no one else is having this issue?
    05-19-17 09:52 AM
    I'm seeing this with MMS. I'm using Verizon messages app.
    05-19-17 10:58 AM
    I haven't seen this. Does it happen for new group MMS? Do you have any other SMS viewers installed? Does it look okay in them?
    05-19-17 11:09 AM
    I haven't seen this. Does it happen for new group MMS? Do you have any other SMS viewers installed? Does it look okay in them?
    happens for new and old message groups when viewed in the hub. I don't have any other viewers. I use the HUB with stock android messaging app.

how do we report this to bb?
    05-19-17 04:11 PM
    @san4berry, which device are you using? Which version of Android Messages?
    05-19-17 04:55 PM
    Hi,

i'm using a dtek50
    android messaging v 2.2.074 (3991315-40.phone)
    hub services 1.5244782
    launcher 1.1.36771
    hub 155.2.12849

hope this helps
    05-19-17 05:26 PM
    Not group mms. If I get an image from someone I'm chatting with, the mms appears separately in the hub. If I tap it the mms is deleted.
    05-19-17 07:42 PM
    Hello Liam, not sure you can answer this but is there any plan to integrate a BlackBerry sms/mms App into HUB and maybe improve on the fluidity of the HUB sms/mms experience?
    05-20-17 12:54 PM
    Hello Liam, not sure you can answer this but is there any plan to integrate a BlackBerry sms/mms App into HUB and maybe improve on the fluidity of the HUB sms/mms experience?
    I can answer, what good 'ol c_bryant34 told us: they won't integrate as it is too much work to maintain all the provider specific stuff of SMS and MMS.
    05-23-17 03:58 AM
    I can answer, what good 'ol c_bryant34 told us: they won't integrate as it is too much work to maintain all the provider specific stuff of SMS and MMS.
    If that is correct, that's too bad I guess. I would wonder though, with all the good things being said about Textra/Yaata and HUB integration, why BlackBerry won't integrate an sms/mms App on their own.

I don't know what BlackBerry Mobile has for current resources, but saying it's "too much work" just doesn't seem right.
    05-23-17 07:29 AM
    OK this is one of the original answers, I think there was at least another one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...ply&p=12056192

<br />
    What do you mean or expect by OS level integration for SMS? Really, it's not something that can be "differentiated" at this point and would just eat up developer time. Time that could be spent integrating so many other things <br />
    <br />
    Here is the other one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...ply&p=12076369

You can call me Cody

Make sure your Messenger is updated to the latest version in Google Play (might have to manually search - *sigh*) and pressing back will definitely take you back to the Hub from the text message.

The cost to build and maintain was our initial concern (especially when carriers get involved with the large amount of requirements they have for text messaging). There's a huge opportunity cost involved and would mean people wouldn't be getting other features where we felt there was more value or opportunity. That said, there's a lot to the mantra of "the customer is always right", and it's certainly something we'll continue to evaluate as we move forward for sure. We just launched, so there's TONS in the pipeline
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05-23-17 at 01:16 PM.
    Event4izon likes this.
    05-23-17 12:50 PM
    OK this is one of the original answers, I think there was at least another one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...ply&p=12056192

Here is the other one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/newrepl...ply&p=12076369
    Thanks for the thorough response gizmo21. I guess there are a great many things on the list and many with higher priorities.

I think I will give Yaata or Textra a try and see what's it like. HUB and Google Messenger still just seems a bit disjointed to me.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    05-23-17 03:25 PM
    Hi, I just got another hub and services update. Didn't fix the text issue though. Just an FYI....
    05-24-17 12:57 PM