Hey all,

Whenever I clear a notification from the tray, the corresponding notification in my HUB goes from colored to grey as if I have read it. For example, when I have a Whatsapp message come in and I wipe away the notification from the tray, the corresponding message in the HUB gets grayed out from being green as if I read it but I didn't, I just simply swiped the notification away.

Is there a way to keep my notifications in HUB colored after wiping away its corresponding notification from the tray? Seeing them colored reminds me which things I have looked at and which I didn't. Thank you.
    12-11-18 04:41 PM
    Unfortunately not. Hub can only tell if the notification disappears. If you click on the notification to open the app, the notification disappears in the same way as if you swiped it.

Because it would be really annoying for the messages to stay unread in hub when you read them elsewhere, we err on the side of marking them read when we can't tell.
    12-11-18 05:12 PM
    Unfortunately not. Hub can only tell if the notification disappears. If you click on the notification to open the app, the notification disappears in the same way as if you swiped it.

Because it would be really annoying for the messages to stay unread in hub when you read them elsewhere, we err on the side of marking them read when we can't tell.
    I wish we could just replace the notification tray with the Hub completely so they would accumulate and I could view them when I want.

Push notifications are an assault on our attention. I want to pull them on my schedule.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-11-18 05:20 PM

This is not the case for Instagram, jut FYI
    12-11-18 05:21 PM

I see. Thank you for the reply.

This is not the case for Instagram, jut FYI
    For me that's definitely not the case. When I wipe away the notification from the drop-down tray, my Instagram notifications turn from colored to gray in my HUB (if it helps any I'm still on Nougat).
    12-11-18 06:33 PM
    For me that's definitely not the case. When I wipe away the notification from the drop-down tray, my Instagram notifications turn from colored to gray in my HUB (if it helps any I'm still on Nougat).
    If I open an Unread Instagram message from Hub it becomes Read in Hub yet stays in the notification tray.
    @max-bb
    12-11-18 08:50 PM