I know a lot if people prefer conversation view, but I'm not one. I prefer each sent and received email in a single chronological and filter able stream.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    Me too. Conversation view confuses me to no end.
    01-30-20 11:38 AM
    I know a lot if people prefer conversation view, but I'm not one. I prefer each sent and received email in a single chronological and filter able stream.

Same
    01-30-20 07:37 PM

Nine offers that — in a way. It has an “All Mail” view that pulls in all messages, filed or not.
    01-30-20 07:41 PM
    Just checked out Nine. It does have color coding for accounts and shows sent mail in it's "All" in box. Would go with this one if BlackBerry suite stopped working.
    Nine offers that — in a way. It has an “All Mail” view that pulls in all messages, filed or not.
    Ecm likes this.
    01-30-20 10:55 PM

Same for me too. I’m not a fan of conversation view.
    01-31-20 09:59 PM
    I prefer HUB+Inbox, but there are quirks. Like why the hell isn't Empty Deleted Items, a basic email client function, an option? Stupid. I have to use the stock E-mail app or Outlook for Android. Also, sometimes it doesn't display all emails unless I hit Search.

Playing with Outlook for Android. I wish it was a little less tarted up, but that's where the current generation of users and developers heads are at. I'm also not a fan of Focused and Other. There's also emails that don't display properly. They either extend out to the right or down, but with no way to scroll right or down, or they cut off the email to screen size. These problem emails display correctly in stock E-mail app and Inbox.

Bottom line: I'm sticking with BB HUB for now.

LG G7, Android 9.0
    02-01-20 11:53 AM
    I prefer HUB+Inbox, but there are quirks. Like why the hell isn't Empty Deleted Items, a basic email client function, an option? Stupid. I have to use the stock E-mail app or Outlook for Android. Also, sometimes it doesn't display all emails unless I hit Search.
    You need to manage the folders to include syncing the Deleted Items folder (by default, it only syncs the Inbox folder). Then, you can switch to that folder, click on the three dots in the upper right, and select "Empty Trash", and they are all gone. Basic function done.
    02-01-20 02:25 PM
    You need to manage the folders to include syncing the Deleted Items folder (by default, it only syncs the Inbox folder). Then, you can switch to that folder, click on the three dots in the upper right, and select "Empty Trash", and they are all gone. Basic function done.
    Trash has been set to sync for a while now. There's a settings gear icon in the upper right, not three dots, and no Empty Trash option.
    Last edited by ppeters914; 02-01-20 at 08:57 PM.
    02-01-20 08:16 PM
    Trash has been set to sync for a while now. There's a settings gear icon in the upper right, not three dots, and no Empty Trash option.
    This is what I see... I have 3 vertical dots next to the gear. If Hub+ goes EOL....where will you move?-screenshot_20200201-221648_inbox.jpgIf Hub+ goes EOL....where will you move?-screenshot_20200201-221651_inbox.jpg
    02-01-20 10:18 PM
    Interesting. No dots for me, and it says Trash whereas yours says Deleted Items:

02-01-20 10:40 PM
    Same! Not only that, but people tend to hijack conversations and change the topic without changing the Subject line too (pet peeve). So I prefer mine listed chronologically, with a search function to find Subject lines or inner text.

Me too. Conversation view confuses me to no end.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-01-20 10:56 PM

I do prefer conversation view. It just makes sense to me. It still get listed chronologically dependent on last reply.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    02-02-20 07:08 AM
    I do prefer conversation view. It just makes sense to me.

My partner is the same. He probably couldn't function without conversation view. I think it just depends on the nature and volume of your email "conversations."

I like to review my email history with my contacts in a summary form, where I can see all emails sent and received separately, not in a long scrolling history. That lets me assess patterns, such as typical response times, to better judge next steps.

When I use conversation view, I am forever searching inside conversations for what I want to reference. It's very inefficient.

For me to use conversation view, I would need a bunch of additional information indexed for filtering, such as "sent emails with no response within three business days."

02-02-20 07:16 AM
    Interesting. I have never considered such a criteria. I guess when you are dealing with large volumes of email that is something to consider
    Like it's been said everyone has different needs and wants.

02-02-20 07:21 AM
    Interesting. I have never considered such a criteria. I guess when you are dealing with large volumes of email that is something to consider
    Like it's been said everyone has different needs and wants.

I think, for email conversations to work for me, there would have to be a very clear understanding between parties of when to start a new conversation. Otherwise, in may care, it's just too likely that a single "conversation" rambles on and on, with important information buried too deep for easy retrieval.

02-02-20 07:27 AM
    I wonder how many people / companies are out there paying for subscriptions
    I would expect dozens...
    02-02-20 05:14 PM
    I would expect dozens...
    Clearly not enough....
    06-18-20 09:53 AM
67 123