Hub widget new feature for Android offered by BlackBerry.
    How many of you like it and be honest how many of Priv and Dtek50 owerns will actually use it.

It's similar to the widget for whatsapp but how many of us actually put Whatsapp widget on homescreen. ?

Please share your views.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 01:37 PM
    I like it. When using my Priv one-handed, it's a lot easier to swipe the Hub icon and look at the popup than to try to swipe down on the notification bar to see what the new message is about. It could use a little refinement, but it works.
    09-09-16 01:51 PM
    To me, the widget is just waste of screen space and battery. The fastest way to access the Hub is to set it up on the convenience button or the swipe shortcut. You can get to it anytime with a button click or a swipe. No need to go back to the home screen to find the panel where the widget is on. The notification bar is also much more functional than the pop up widget. Again the notification bar is accessible anywhere.
    09-09-16 04:06 PM
    I can see notifications without open the hub, put hub widget to the homescreen. It's very useful now
    09-09-16 04:19 PM
    I love it. It gives me a view of messages without having to open the Hub app. I don't know why, but it makes me more productive and efficient because I can always "see" my inbox since it's on my home screen. I've set it up so I can have a row of icons under it to quickly compose different types of messages. The only thing I wish it could do was long press a message to delete it from the widget.
    09-09-16 08:35 PM
    Yup pop up widget is awesome. I don't use the full widget on screen as i don't think i need it but the pop up is a great addition.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 08:47 PM
    Talk about the widget has been very positive. I'm not sure I understand why. Don't get me wrong. I think it's cool, but I'm still new to the Priv (week 2, coming from a Z10), so I'm not as well versed in how the apps and widgets used to perform. For instance, "views" can be created. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of going into the Hub and seeing each account that's a part of it? Why restrict what you can see when by default you see it all and can navigate to whichever account you want once you're in that default view? Please tell me how I can use this updated widget to maximize my efficiency.

09-11-16 05:49 PM
    For me hub widget is just amazing. My S7 feels more like BB10 now, which for me is absolutely positive. Hope BlackBerry guys continue to improve it, hub services and apps as well.

Cheers,
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-11-16 06:31 PM
    Don't really use the widget but I definitely see an advantage to it. I have the bottom button swipe set to the full app and find that more useful and gives more of a BB10 experience.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    09-12-16 05:53 AM
    Wouldn't the productivity tab essentially do the same thing?

09-12-16 05:59 PM
    Wouldn't the productivity tab essentially do the same thing?

Not really. Different apps with different information

09-13-16 06:07 AM
    I like the pop up widget. Quick and easy!

09-16-16 01:27 AM
    I don't see any value in it besides peeking. Cant delete an email or mark as read from pop up widget, and user interface looks like it has had no design involvement and conversation view is annoying which can't be changed, what's the point when you can't expand an email thread.

09-16-16 06:31 AM
    I don't see any value in it besides peeking. Cant delete an email or mark as read from pop up widget, and user interface looks like it has had no design involvement and conversation view is annoying which can't be changed, what's the point when you can't expand an email thread.

True. But it's a good starting point. Let's hope they don't kill it and instead grow it to something awesome!!!

09-16-16 12:33 PM
    I just made the widget at large and move it to left and here home screen in the centre. when she swip to right the left page with the hub is there like BB10. I still use BB10 but 'the phone is my wife's
    Ecm, citystars41, Loc22 and 1 others like this.
    09-17-16 04:16 PM
    I just made the widget at large and move it to left and here home screen in the centre. when she swip to right the left page with the hub is there like BB10. I still use BB10 but 'the phone is my wife's
    That's what I had as well. Now I have one immediately left of the home screen for all my personal stuff, then a separate one left of that for my business email. So now, I can swipe left without thinking about work!
    CDM76 and citystars41 like this.
    09-17-16 04:20 PM
    I love the hub widget. Unfortunately I don' yet have a DTEK50 or a Priv, but I have instead Blackberry launcher and all it's apps. I like the hub widget because with a swipe up from the app, I can quickly see my e-mail and messages, and decide if I would go further. If they will update the widget itself with more permissions like the possibility of deleting an e-mail or even calling back to a person. I would like Blackberry to personalize more the launcher.
    09-17-16 07:11 PM
    I can swipe in from any screen and see the hub widget along with my most favourite contacts.

Useful for reading messages and replying to friends
    09-22-16 04:04 AM
    Tried it didn't care for it. It was showing me old emails that I had already deleted from the hub. Not sure what was going on

Swiped via Priv
    09-22-16 04:10 AM
    Do you always close everything out of your recents screen?
    09-22-16 08:29 AM
    I'd like to see Blackberry offer different widgets sizes as options

Keep the original resizable one and offer other options that can be used in other apps
    09-22-16 09:04 AM
    Do you always close everything out of your recents screen?
    Yes, I don't like having opened screens
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-22-16 09:53 AM

You're not doing it right.

Set the panel the widget is on as your home panel. Tapping the middle soft key once if you're on another panel will take u there immediately. If your in an app then tap it twice and it'll take u there (the twice is in case the last panel u were on was not the home panel).

It's extremely useful.

Rock on.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    09-22-16 10:41 AM
    My experience was that it was completely useless.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    vag65 likes this.
    09-23-16 10:58 PM
    Useful, no.

09-28-16 11:50 AM
29 12