I am experiencing a very slow Hub after May update on my Galaxy S7 / Android 7.0

General operation is fine however opening an email is very slow; it can take up to about 5 seconds to fully render an email once it's opened.

I sent my log report so BB support and waiting to hear from them; I would think it could be something with my device rather than Hub however this is only happening when opening an email which leads me to think it's a Hub issue.

Wondering if anyone here experience the same.
    05-19-17 01:49 PM
    Try clearing the cache and seeing if that helps. Settings > Apps > BlackBerry Hub+ Services > Storage > Clear Cache. Repeat for the Hub app. Then reboot and open the Hub. Give it a couple of minutes before opening a message.

Then pop back and let us know if that did the trick. If not, we'll take it from there.
    05-19-17 05:25 PM
    Just did that, thank you for the tip! It didn't help though; problem persist as before the cache clear and device restart.
    05-20-17 02:03 AM
    Is this happening with all your email accounts? And what type are they -- Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo? Other?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Hub? I know this is a royal pain to set up accounts again, but BB Support will likely ask you to do so.

I checked with an acquaintance with an S7 who had said she was going to try the Hub. She's loving it, and says she has no similar delays opening email.
    05-21-17 05:13 PM
    Is this happening with all your email accounts? And what type are they -- Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo? Other?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the Hub? I know this is a royal pain to set up accounts again, but BB Support will likely ask you to do so.

I checked with an acquaintance with an S7 who had said she was going to try the Hub. She's loving it, and says she has no similar delays opening email.
    Using gmail and office 365, this behavior happens with both accounts

If this will continue I will have no choice but to uninstall / reinstall.

Thanks for your support again. Much appreciated.
    05-22-17 01:27 AM
    There was a new release of BlackBerry Hub+ Services today (version 1.5.2.44944) that should fix this when combined with a new release of Hub 1.5.2.12874 tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience, @RK_BB.
    meattray, Ecm, zephyr613 and 1 others like this.
    05-23-17 03:29 PM
    Great news. Glad to see some quick fixes.
    05-23-17 03:35 PM
    There was a new release of BlackBerry Hub+ Services today (version 1.5.2.44944) that should fix this when combined with a new release of Hub 1.5.2.12874 tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience, @RK_BB.
    Good to hear from ya Liam, thanks for standing by for us! Yeah, just got the update on my phone, gonna try accessing the Hub soon.

Hopefully it will go faster and more lightweight.
    Last edited by yvpan1; 05-24-17 at 12:29 PM.
    05-23-17 08:00 PM
    Is this update for beta users? I am not a beta user and I received no update yesterday or today so far.
    05-24-17 09:38 AM
    Is this update for beta users? I am not a beta user and I received no update yesterday or today so far.
    @LiamQ I can't receive the update because my device seem to be incompatible with my Hub version. I am not sure how that happened since I received all updates so far.
    05-24-17 09:57 AM
    Can't reply to any emails from the Hub on my BlackBerry Keyone - it seems very buggy ...
    05-24-17 10:28 AM
    Can't reply to any emails from the Hub on my BlackBerry Keyone - it seems very buggy ...
    What happens when you try to reply?
    05-24-17 10:41 AM
    This update is for everyone.
    05-24-17 10:42 AM
    @LiamQ I can't receive the update because my device seem to be incompatible with my Hub version. I am not sure how that happened since I received all updates so far.
    We're looking into that. If anyone else is experiencing a similar issue, please chime in with your device model and Android OS version.
    05-24-17 10:43 AM
    It hangs - no addresses appear and I can't even press the back to icon. Also the keyboard is locked.
    05-24-17 11:39 AM
    I perhaps should mention vis my hub issue hanging that my email is Gmail.
    05-24-17 11:42 AM
    Update working great here. Seems to be much faster now as well.
    05-24-17 11:45 AM
    It hangs - no addresses appear and I can't even press the back to icon. Also the keyboard is locked.
    Could you send a Bug Report to bbappsupport@blackberry.com shortly after hitting the issue? There is a "Take bug report" option in Settings -> Developer options. You can enable Developer options by tapping 7 times on Settings -> About phone -> Build number.
    05-24-17 11:54 AM
    OK - I'll give that a go!
    05-24-17 12:00 PM
    I would Just like to have the HUB display emails properly. Can we get an update that will fix this issue?
    09-22-17 10:27 PM