After several months I still fail to understand what accounts are in the hub are not. I have entered a work account, a Gmail account and an outlook account. Yet when I checked contacts, Gmail is not a hub account. I can't figure out why. See the screen. Anyone have advice?
    In the hub or not?-29660.jpg
    01-31-17 03:22 AM
    i see a gmail account in the picture.
    01-31-17 09:44 AM
    i see a gmail account in the picture.
    Note that Gmail is not under Hub+Accounts ...
    01-31-17 09:52 AM
    Contacts and calendar are open "ecosystems" on Android so other apps can contribute items to them, or manage items there, by using the appropriate APIs. Email is not an open ecosystem like the other two, and is managed individually on a per app basis.

With that in mind, your Google account syncs and manages contacts and calendars that it has by default. Given this appears in the device setup flow, its typically the first account you setup. If you add a Hub+ account for the same Google account after the fact you probably don't want to duplicate all that data, so it doesn't sync contacts and calendar - only email.

Of course if you don't have a google account setup for that account when trying to create the Hub+ account it will sync everything (mail, contacts, calendar).

So in the case you setup your google account first, it is google managing your contacts and calendars. The BlackBerry apps just "showcase" the data and help provide tools to do what you need to do.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    02-06-17 11:15 AM