I'm not using Priority Hub and I haven't added any new accounts that are now supported. But it now takes 2 long seconds before my messages are displayed. Not happy with the update.
    11-29-18 10:06 AM
    Same lag here, about 3-4 seconds. But I am using Priority Hub. Anyone know how I can change the priority status of multiple contacts / conversations? There were many automatically selected when I elected to use the Priority Hub option.
    11-29-18 10:20 AM
    Do you have email accounts that are set to "Sync forever"?
    11-29-18 03:26 PM
    No I don't. I checked all my email accounts.
    11-29-18 09:23 PM
    No I don't. I checked all my email accounts.
    How many email accounts do you have?
    11-30-18 01:05 AM
    How many email accounts do you have?
    11-30-18 01:56 AM
    I find that twitter integration is broken for new messages and replies. And it is slow to load as well. Marking sms as read by swipe action is further slow.
    11-30-18 02:30 AM
    Yes, I do. I have only one email account that I use with Hub, and it's set to sync forever. If Hub offered a sync time frame of 6 or 12 months, I would use it. Thirty days is not nearly sufficient, so I have to set it to Forever.
    11-30-18 01:05 PM
    We are aware there are performance issues that are related to the number of messages in an account; while we're working on making this faster, the best way to deal with this is to reduce the amount of messages stored locally.

For IMAP, we keep the headers for every message that we've seen. If you remove and readd the account, this will clear out the backlog. We have 90 days available for initial sync of IMAP. If you use this setting, this should help you until we can get tweak the performance.

Alternatively, using an archive folder that isn't synced to your device for older messages would probably help.

I know this isn't ideal, but we're working on it!
    11-30-18 01:38 PM
    We are aware there are performance issues that are related to the number of messages in an account; while we're working on making this faster, the best way to deal with this is to reduce the amount of messages stored locally.

For IMAP, we keep the headers for every message that we've seen. If you remove and readd the account, this will clear out the backlog. We have 90 days available for initial sync of IMAP. If you use this setting, this should help you until we can get tweak the performance.

Alternatively, using an archive folder that isn't synced to your device for older messages would probably help.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's good to know someone is working on it & that BlackBerry is listening somehow.
    max-bb likes this.
    11-30-18 03:18 PM

Let me ask you since you are working on the Hub, what is stopping BlackBerry from making the Android version of the Hub as smooth & seemless as the BlackBerry 10 version? BlackBerry 10's Hub is still superior & many aspects of the rest of the OS are still much superior to Android in my opinion. Will we ever see the Hub integrated into the OS as it was in BB10 with swiping action from the left or right to open it & without having to open it as a lagging app as it is now?
    11-30-18 05:39 PM

So the proposed solution is to NOT use one's smartphone like a smartphone?

How can you make these suggestions with a straight face?!

And... BTW... this update has completely broken emails notifications too. Without changing any settings my emails now vibrate on arrival with no badge notification... completely opposite how they've always been set to work.
    11-30-18 09:50 PM
    So the proposed solution is to NOT use one's smartphone like a smartphone?

How can you make these suggestions with a straight face?!
    "we're working on making this faster"

You're being given an interim work-around.
    max-bb likes this.
    11-30-18 09:54 PM
    Thanks @max-bb, I'm glad that it's a known issue that is being addressed. I may eventually get around to archiving the emails, but in the meantime I will just put up with the lag. My email is with MS Exchange, if that makes any difference.

On a related note, are you guys working on the word substitution bug? At least allow us to enter both the capitalized and the non-capitalized versions of the same entry. Right now the OS ignores capitalisation of the word substitution entries and says that the entry already exists.
    12-03-18 07:17 AM
    Just wondering why this official hub update was 5 month in the beta state only, just to have performance issues on final release. But thanks to all you reported.
    I'll stay on 1.6.1 on my Priv then for now and the holidays.
    12-07-18 02:39 PM