This one seems to bite when selecting large numbers of messages to delete.

When selecting a large number of messages (20 seems to work properly, but large numbers exhibit the issues) the count of selected items is accurate, but when I hit delete two issues are seen.

The first issue is that the popup at the bottom shows a different number to undo.

Most recently I selected 89 messages and hit delete. The popup at the bottom asked if I wanted to undo the 96 messages I'd deleted. Then 7 of the messages I originally marked did not delete. It seems odd that the math adds up 96-89=7 so hopefully that helps to find it.

This bug has existed for a long time, and continues to exist with the hub apps I got the update for today (4/18/18).

Hopefully this can be found and fixed.

The account is an office 365 account if it matters.
    04-18-18 12:57 PM
    Gonna tag @LiamQ here and perhaps they can comment on whether or not this is a confirmed or known issue. You may wish to add info as to what device/OS you're using.
    04-18-18 09:25 PM
    That's not a known issue.
    04-18-18 09:32 PM
    BlackBerry Motion BBD100-2, April patch (issue has existed since the dawn of time with Android Hub, in terms of selecting and deleting lots of items being unreliable)

I have had these issues with PRIV, Keyone, and Motion. Generally limiting my deletes to 20 or so at a time avoids the issue.

I'll try and document it better, I get a ton of emails so it makes this easy to try again soon.
    04-19-18 12:47 AM
    These two threads (below) describe a similar issue, if not the same.

I have been experiencing this behavior intermittently on my former Galaxy S7 and now my KEYone.

If you read through, I also describe a workaround.

Both @LiamQ and @max-bb were tagged and unfortunately it seems we were never able to reproduce the issue as it is very random.

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/ugh-hub-still-not-deleting-emails-off-server-1117046/

UGH! Hub Still Not Deleting Emails Off Server

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/deleting-emails-hub-doesnt-delete-server-1140432/

Deleting emails in HUB, doesn't delete from server
    04-19-18 01:32 AM
    Here are screenshots of what happened just now. First, selected 55 emails to delete. Second, tapped the delete icon and it says 59 emails were deleted. This time about 20 did not delete.

And, I checked the server, and the server matched the same result, so the 39 that got deleted were deleted on the server as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Hub deletion bug-7060.jpg  
    04-19-18 08:25 AM
    Screenshot of before I deleted
    Attached Thumbnails Hub deletion bug-7059.jpg  
    04-19-18 08:35 AM
    Glad I am not alone, so as the rest of the users reporting the same in the threads I included in my post.

Hopefully this will get some more well deserved attention as this is a very old bug; I read somewhere that users experienced it even in the early PRIV days.
    04-19-18 12:52 PM
    Now that we can see ALL messages in the Productivity Tab, when this bug is in effect you can see the none deleted message in the Productivity Tab.

1. A message is deleted by the user in Hub
    2. The bug happens and therefore the message doesn't really get deleted
    3. The message still appear in the Productivity Tab from which it can be opened and properly deleted or simply deleted from there.

Hopefully the team can replicate this!
    @LiamQ @max-bb
    05-22-18 01:17 PM
    Yeah this bug has been around for ages! Not sure if it's a server issue -my setup is exchange it would be interesting to see if it happens with other platforms as well
    05-22-18 04:07 PM
    Yeah this bug has been around for ages! Not sure if it's a server issue -my setup is exchange it would be interesting to see if it happens with other platforms as well
    It has nothing to do with the mail server in my opinion; it happens with both Gmail & Office 365 in my experience.
    05-22-18 04:11 PM
    As of the latest version, I'm still having the issue. select a bunch of emails (say 35-80+) and delete.

Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it shows a different number were deleted in the "undo" line, and then fails to delete some random number of the selected messages.

Usually the incorrect number on the undo line is larger than the selected number was.
    05-23-18 12:01 AM
    As of the latest version, I'm still having the issue. select a bunch of emails (say 35-80+) and delete.

Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it shows a different number were deleted in the "undo" line, and then fails to delete some random number of the selected messages.

Usually the incorrect number on the undo line is larger than the selected number was.
    For me it doesn't have to be so many emails deleted at once; I could delete one or two emails and it will happen.
    05-23-18 12:04 AM
    For me it doesn't have to be so many emails deleted at once; I could delete one or two emails and it will happen.
    I'm usually safe up to 20 emails or so without hitting the bug. I have two Office365 accounts on my Hub, along with FB, LinkedIn, Android Messages and the other default stuff.
    05-23-18 12:07 AM
    Now that we have all messages in the Productivity Tab its easier to catch this bug whenever it happens!

Today I deleted one message with a swipe action; the message disappear from the Hub list yet still apear in the Productivity Tab.

This goes to show that this bug has nothing to do with multiple selection deletion as suggested before.

Tagging @LiamQ @max-bb
    06-09-18 11:01 AM