I have subscribed to BlackBerry Hub services on my Anthony 5.2 device and over the past week or two, it has been constantly crashing. Previously, it had been performing flawlessly. I get the error message: "BlackBerry launcher is not responding. Do you want to close it? Report. Ok. Wait". I have deleted recently installed apps, rebooted, all to no effect. Has anyone else experienced this? Any thoughts on a resolution?

Thanks

Kurt
    03-06-17 10:53 PM
    I wold check the permissions on all the BlackBerry apps.

What version of Android is your phone running?
    03-07-17 09:07 AM
    Clear the app cache and data. Keep in mind, you might need to set it up again if you do so. Also, there's an update coming in beta right now that might address your problems.
    03-07-17 09:07 AM
    I am on Android 5.1 and am in the Beta program so hopefully I will get the update soon (nothing as of this March 7 midday). I will also check permissions and cache and report back. Thanks for the suggestions.

Kurt
    03-07-17 01:14 PM
    Please do let us know what the result of these additional tests are. If it does continue to crash, please let me know.
    03-07-17 05:57 PM
    Will do. So far, no Hub updates but I will keep checking. Also, I have cleared the cache for all BB apps and rebooted. I will report back in 24 hours.
    03-08-17 12:57 AM
    So clearing the cache had no effect and I still have not received any hub updates. I will report back once I get those.
    03-08-17 06:57 PM
    Just received the Hub update. Will report back after a day or two of use.
    03-09-17 11:07 PM
    So I have installed all hub app updates and still having the same problem. However, it seems to be a bit better in that the Hub only crashes when I try to close all apps--at least that is what I have noticed so far. Ugh. Any thoughts?

I will say that I am happy to see five wide on the apps now. Before, I would only have four wide. A small thing for sure but appreciated none the less.
    03-10-17 10:57 PM
    Another oddity with the new Hub update is that I cannot open Textra. For some reason, the Hub opens when I select Textra. If I close all apps, then open Textra, it opens properly. Very strange and I will report it in the Beta Zone.

Actually, I just tried opening other apps after the Hub and when I try to open Textra, it opens the last app used. For example, I just posted the first paragraph, hit the home button, then tried Textra, and Crackberry opened.
    03-12-17 10:04 PM
    Another oddity with the new Hub update is that I cannot open Textra. For some reason, the Hub opens when I select Textra. If I close all apps, then open Textra, it opens properly. Very strange and I will report it in the Beta Zone.

Actually, I just tried opening other apps after the Hub and when I try to open Textra, it opens the last app used. For example, I just posted the first paragraph, hit the home button, then tried Textra, and Crackberry opened.
    This is odd. Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Textra?
    03-12-17 10:45 PM
    I believe the issue may be resolved.

I posted the issue on the Beta forum and a moderator recommended deleting the hub and all associated apps and reinstalling them on the chance that an older version of one or more was causing the issue. I went one step more and did a security wipe of my phone and reinstalled everything. I first started with all the basic android apps I use and made sure there was no issue for 24 hours. With none apparent, I installed the Hub suite and now 24 hours later, all seems to be working fine. I even is the BlackBerry keyboard from Cobalt and everything seems to be fine. No hub crashes and every app opens and operates fine--thank goodness.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions and hope that my resolution helps others.

Kurt.
    03-15-17 11:42 PM