Hi everyone.

I'm trying to add a Gmail account to Key2 Hub, to then toggle the buttons for contacts, but after adding the account, it shows as an account with google icon, doesn't show the option to sync Contacts, and ignores my nickname and just shows the whole account name if I enable the sync manually in the Contacts App.

How do I solve this?
    03-17-22 09:59 PM
    Hi everyone.

I'm trying to add a Gmail account to Key2 Hub, to then toggle the buttons for contacts, but after adding the account, it shows as an account with google icon, doesn't show the option to sync Contacts, and ignores my nickname and just shows the whole account name if I enable the sync manually in the Contacts App.

How do I solve this?
    Hello what HUB services do you have installed? Latest version was publicly updated Feb 9. Version 2.2006.4.3948 which fixed gmail issues.
    03-18-22 01:49 AM
    Hi everyone.

How do I solve this?
    Update HUB+ App
    Enable less secure apps in you Gmail settings, and setup with a App password.

But Google is ending support for these outdated and less secure clients at the end of May... so if BlackBerry doesn't add full OAuth 2.0 support, that will be the end of Gmail on HUB or HUB+.
    03-18-22 08:07 AM
    Update HUB+ App
    Enable less secure apps in you Gmail settings, and setup with a App password.

But Google is ending support for these outdated and less secure clients at the end of May... so if BlackBerry doesn't add full OAuth 2.0 support, that will be the end of Gmail on HUB or HUB+.
    With last HUB update from Feb this fix for Gmail was no longer needed.
    03-18-22 10:01 AM
    Hello what HUB services do you have installed? Latest version was publicly updated Feb 9. Version 2.2006.4.3948 which fixed gmail issues.
    Same version as mine.

I have less secure apps allowed. Infact, it's a previous gmail account that I removed that I'm trying to re-add, but this problem also occurs to other accounts I've never added.
    Adding app password instead of password is hard. This is because if I try to add an account straight to hub/contacts/calendar, I see an error telling me first i must add it as a Google account. So, I add as google account to the android user and accounts section, which takes me to browser to enter normal user pass (not app pass). This to me looks like the Oauth2 procedure. After completing it. Then I add to hub/calendar/contacts. But the server settings are rejected if I try to do manual setup. So I continue with default setup and by the end of it, there are less toggle options than used to be a year ago when I would try to add gmail accounts.
    03-18-22 11:41 AM
    Anybody know how I can hide the full email address book app?
    03-20-22 12:52 PM
    Same version as mine.

I have less secure apps allowed. Infact, it's a previous gmail account that I removed that I'm trying to re-add, but this problem also occurs to other accounts I've never added.
    Adding app password instead of password is hard. This is because if I try to add an account straight to hub/contacts/calendar, I see an error telling me first i must add it as a Google account. So, I add as google account to the android user and accounts section, which takes me to browser to enter normal user pass (not app pass). This to me looks like the Oauth2 procedure. After completing it. Then I add to hub/calendar/contacts. But the server settings are rejected if I try to do manual setup. So I continue with default setup and by the end of it, there are less toggle options than used to be a year ago when I would try to add gmail accounts.
    Having the exact same issue.

Some sort of glitch occurred overnight and I was seeing duplicate emails on 2 of my gmail accounts in Hub. Would click one message and it say "Can't open message" then it would disappear from hub, but clicking the other message that was left, it would open.

Deleted the accounts and re-added them but now the toggles for sync contacts and sync calendar are missing in the account settings when I go to the data usage section of manage accounts in the inbox app.

Does anyone have a resolution? Both of the respective accounts are added to the phone users and accounts, as well as the hub+ accounts list.
    05-28-23 08:23 PM
    Having the exact same issue.

Some sort of glitch occurred overnight and I was seeing duplicate emails on 2 of my gmail accounts in Hub. Would click one message and it say "Can't open message" then it would disappear from hub, but clicking the other message that was left, it would open.

Deleted the accounts and re-added them but now the toggles for sync contacts and sync calendar are missing in the account settings when I go to the data usage section of manage accounts in the inbox app.

Does anyone have a resolution? Both of the respective accounts are added to the phone users and accounts, as well as the hub+ accounts list.
    I re-added them as google accounts and added them as a Hub+ account from Blackberry Calendar App and I switched to Google Contacts App, and added from there.
    05-28-23 08:29 PM
    I re-added them as google accounts and added them as a Hub+ account from Blackberry Calendar App and I switched to Google Contacts App, and added from there.
    Thank you for the reply!

Sorry if I sound daft, but could you explain where you re-added them as Google accounts?

I have the accounts in question added to my users and accounts on the phone settings already (didn't delete them as they are the primary accounts).

Calendar, I never deleted the accounts and they are still there.

Default phone contacts app and Google phone app show all the contacts from the account.

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.
    05-28-23 08:39 PM
    Thank you for the reply!

Sorry if I sound daft, but could you explain where you re-added them as Google accounts?

I have the accounts in question added to my users and accounts on the phone settings already (didn't delete them as they are the primary accounts).

Calendar, I never deleted the accounts and they are still there.

Default phone contacts app and Google phone app show all the contacts from the account.

Thank you again for your help. I really appreciate it.
    Options > Users & Accounts > Add Account.

Also, in Users & Accounts, you'll see that you can have the same email address show up multiple times as different types of accounts (e.g. both a Hub+ account and a Google Account). If you want to remove the Hub+ account, it shouldn't delete the Google account entry if you already have it there. So your primary account shouldn't get deleted.
    05-28-23 08:41 PM
    Options > Users & Accounts > Add Account.

Also, in Users & Accounts, you'll see that you can have the same email address show up multiple times as different types of accounts (e.g. both a Hub+ account and a Google Account). If you want to remove the Hub+ account, it shouldn't delete the Google account entry if you already have it there. So your primary account shouldn't get deleted.
    Thanks again.

Just did all of the above and still no luck getting the toggles back. One thing I did notice is the gmail account that I didn't delete from the inbox app,/ hub+, still has the toggles for contacts and calendar, however in the calendar settings it has a super long random url string for the calendar it's pulling from, whereas the others just have the proper email account names. Checking the BlackBerry site for manuals wasn't fruitful as they don't even mention those toggles unfortunately.
    05-28-23 09:33 PM
    Thanks again.

Just did all of the above and still no luck getting the toggles back. One thing I did notice is the gmail account that I didn't delete from the inbox app,/ hub+, still has the toggles for contacts and calendar, however in the calendar settings it has a super long random url string for the calendar it's pulling from, whereas the others just have the proper email account names. Checking the BlackBerry site for manuals wasn't fruitful as they don't even mention those toggles unfortunately.
    Sorry, I just checked. The Hub+ accounts don't have toggles any more.
    But on the google account, I have many toggles. That's how I sorted it.
    05-28-23 09:35 PM
    Screenshots attached. Not sure where I'm messing up.
    Attached Thumbnails Hub: Adding Gmail AC won't show option to sync Contacts, and other issues....-screenshot_20230528_193526.jpg   Hub: Adding Gmail AC won't show option to sync Contacts, and other issues....-screenshot_20230528_193542.jpg  
    05-28-23 09:39 PM
    Sorry, I just checked. The Hub+ accounts don't have toggles any more.
    But on the google account, I have many toggles. That's how I sorted it.
    Fair enough. Thank you again.

I really wish there was some documentation from BlackBerry to fix this.
    hmp3 likes this.
    05-28-23 09:41 PM
    Fair enough. Thank you again.

I really wish there was some documentation from BlackBerry to fix this.
    Y, I just rely on the google account toggles for contacts and calendar. I use the Google calendar app as default, (event creation, agenda view, reminders) and have the Blackberry Calendar app just to see in Monthly View.
    05-28-23 09:43 PM