I hope, this is the right place to put this. I would like to ask about opinions on the BB-Apps for Android.

I never used a BB-Devise before, but I'm strongly considering to get the KeyOne later in the summer.

Since Blackberry has a great reputation for their software, I got the Hub+ trial version for my Sony device containing the launcher, Hub, calendar, notes, tasks, contacts, password keeper and devise search.

The trial is up and I have mixed feelings about the Apps.

Maybe I just didn't get what makes them great. So maybe you like to share whether and how you use them, which features you love etc.

Thanks in advance.
    04-30-18 03:43 PM
    I like the hub because it aggregates all of your important messages. It's the one place where I can always go to without having to switch between apps. If I remember somebody telling me something, I can search the hub which searches all of my email accounts, text messages, etc.

The calendar app has a couple amazing features as well. It automatically figures out conference call details and makes a "join now" button that magically automatically dials the correct phone number and inputs passwords, codes, etc. It saves some time and a HUGE amount of frustration!

The nice thing about tasks app is that it syncs with Outlook tasks if you use Exchange or Office 365 email. So I can create a task or to-do item and it shows up in Outlook on my computer, and vice-versa.

There might be other apps that have these features, but honestly I hate having to dig through hundreds of android apps to determine which are junk, which work ok, which are abusing permissions and stealing your contacts, etc. So paying for the hub would be a no-brainer for me if I didn't have a BlackBerry KeyOne.

Honestly, the BlackBerry apps are heavily geared to work with Exchange / Office 365. So if you do not use those services or work in an office/corporate job, they would not be as compelling. But having a nice set of well integrated essential apps is a breath of fresh air on Android where everything is terribly fragmented.
    Bfalcon1 and igets like this.
    05-02-18 11:53 PM
    Thanks for your thoughts.

The nice thing about tasks app is that it syncs with Outlook tasks if you use Exchange or Office 365 email. So I can create a task or to-do item and it shows up in Outlook on my computer, and vice-versa.
    This is something I'm desperately looking for. I'll definitely check that out.

But having a nice set of well integrated essential apps is a breath of fresh air on Android where everything is terribly fragmented.
    Agree. I use a combination of microsoft and google apps for my work/organisational stuff an that is a hassle.
    I've now purchased for the hub+ and check how that's works out for me. Let's see if it can kick out google.
    05-07-18 03:33 AM
    Quick Update:
    I Set up the tasks App as you suggested and it works perfectly. Really useful Feature. Thanks again
    Last edited by igets; 05-15-18 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Autocorrect mistake
    05-15-18 01:26 AM
    I'm torn between going all out on BB apps or Google.

BB Notes and BB Tasks are 2 separate apps, but Google Keep is both of them merged together, which I personally find easier to deal with.

If BB ltd updated the Notes and Tasks apps to support pictures embedded, I would consider abandoning Google Keep.

If they developed a stock Phone and SMS app, I would DEFINITELY ditch the Google default ones
    05-15-18 05:46 AM