Hi guys, since about 2 weeks ago I've been having problems receiving my hotmail email on the hub.

I then deleted it from the hub and tried to re add it and now it says can't connect to server.

Anyone else having problems?
    02-18-18 08:16 AM
    Hi guys, since about 2 weeks ago I've been having problems receiving my hotmail email on the hub.

I then deleted it from the hub and tried to re add it and now it says can't connect to server.

Anyone else having problems?
    Mine has been working fine. Are you letting the software configure it or are you putting in the settings manually?
    02-18-18 08:56 AM
    Mine has been working fine. Are you letting the software configure it or are you putting in the settings manually?
    I'm letting the software configure it as I've done since my Q10, it's strange that it decided not to work only now. I'll try manual now but I'm unsure of the server address and other settings
    02-20-18 05:00 AM
    I'm letting the software configure it as I've done since my Q10, it's strange that it decided not to work only now. I'll try manual now but I'm unsure of the server address and other settings
    I honestly can't remember how I did mine. But, my server is set to m.hotmail.com
    02-20-18 05:57 AM
    Still says can't connect to server for me
    Attached Thumbnails hotmail/outlook not working-124543.jpg  
    02-21-18 02:38 AM
    Still says can't connect to server for me
    Maybe contact Microsoft?
    02-21-18 06:45 AM
    This is very frustrating for me. i dont want to use imap or pop because they dont include calendar syncing.

ive tried eas.outlook.com, m.hotmail.com.

no one else has a problem with their Hotmail.com account?

the outlook app works fine, its just blackberry hub
    03-02-18 05:16 AM
    This is very frustrating for me. i dont want to use imap or pop because they dont include calendar syncing.

Maybe put in a support email to Microsoft? The contact info is buried in Hotmail somewhere. You could also post in their support forums.
    03-02-18 06:04 AM

For your Domain/username, are you using your email address?
    03-02-18 06:27 AM
    I believe it continues to be a certificate issue between blackberry and Outlook. It happens all of the time on my Z10. I have to reset the password and it will be good for a week or so. You can try using the other server for Outlook. I do not have the afters with me but do a search for Outlook critical connection issue and it should come up.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-18 07:01 AM
    For your Domain/username, are you using your email address?
    Yes I am. Is that correct?
    03-02-18 05:51 PM
    I believe it continues to be a certificate issue between blackberry and Outlook. It happens all of the time on my Z10. I have to reset the password and it will be good for a week or so. You can try using the other server for Outlook. I do not have the afters with me but do a search for Outlook critical connection issue and it should come up.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna try this
    03-02-18 05:57 PM
    Yes I am. Is that correct?
    Yes. That's what I'm using with eas.outlook.com and everything is working fine.
    03-02-18 07:11 PM
    Do you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Microsoft account?
    03-02-18 09:12 PM
    Do you have two-factor authentication enabled on your Microsoft account?
    I don't! Thus why it's bizarre to me why it just stopped working. I think it might be the certificate problem as mentioned above. I'm gonna try that and report later.
    03-03-18 02:03 AM
    so I just tried to add my outlook.com email and it works with eas.outlook.com

but my hotmail.com email doesn't work with eas.outlook.com, m.hotmail.com, eas.hotmail.com.

any other suggestions guys? I think it's just a matter of getting the right server address.
    03-04-18 01:29 PM
    I've even tried outlook.live.com, outlook.office365.com
    03-04-18 01:42 PM
    so my outlook.com email works with eas.outlook.com but my hotmail.com email doesn't seem to work with anything.
    03-04-18 01:51 PM
    Hey, Mr. Picture.

Hotmail should work, right out of the box.
    Would you be willing to send us logs a few moments after trying to integrate the account to [email protected]? Be sure to fill out some information on the email so I know what the bug report is for.

To send a bug report, you will need to enable Developer options (tap 7 times on Build Number in Settings -> About Phone). Then in Settings -> Developer options, you can tap “Take bug report” and share that with an email client. If the option is greyed out, toggle “Enable USB Debugging”, which should enable it.
    03-09-18 12:58 PM
    Hey, Mr. Picture.

Would you be willing to send us logs a few moments after trying to integrate the account to [email protected]? Be sure to fill out some information on the email so I know what the bug report is for.

To send a bug report, you will need to enable Developer options (tap 7 times on Build Number in Settings -> About Phone). Then in Settings -> Developer options, you can tap “Take bug report” and share that with an email client. If the option is greyed out, toggle “Enable USB Debugging”, which should enable it.
    Exactly. I have never had troubles setting up Hotmail on Priv, Dtek 60 or KeyOne
    03-10-18 10:09 PM
    Hey, Mr. Picture.

Thank you for your email. I've done as suggested.

I have been trying to sort the problem with Microsoft support and the problem seems to be a false "unusual log in" error. The Microsoft servers seem to think that I'm trying to log in from Canada which is wrong.

Strange thing is that my @outlook.com email works perfectly fine with blackberry hub.

Do let me know if you have received the bug report.
    04-02-18 02:49 PM
    Exactly. I have never had troubles setting up Hotmail on Priv, Dtek 60 or KeyOne
    I've had the priv, dtek 60 and the keyone silver and now black.

This is the first time I'm having this issue.
    04-02-18 02:50 PM
    Thank you for your email. I've done as suggested.

I have been trying to sort the problem with Microsoft support and the problem seems to be a false "unusual log in" error. The Microsoft servers seem to think that I'm trying to log in from Canada which is wrong.

Strange thing is that my @outlook.com email works perfectly fine with blackberry hub.

Do let me know if you have received the bug report.
    It looks like I've received it. We'll look into it.

I have an idea for the problem, and you may have to do manual setup to get around it, once the flag on your account is removed.

If you enter in your email address, then press Manual Setup (before entering your password), choose EAS, and set the server to, I believe, m.outlook.com.

Let me know if that helps. We will investigate on our end.
    04-02-18 03:23 PM
    I unfortunately do not see the account addition attempt in this log, I'm not sure if it fell out of the active portion of the log, but I can't see it trying to connect. I'm making some inquiries here though. Thanks for your help.
    04-02-18 03:48 PM
    I unfortunately do not see the account addition attempt in this log, I'm not sure if it fell out of the active portion of the log, but I can't see it trying to connect. I'm making some inquiries here though. Thanks for your help.
    Is there anything I can do to help?

BTW I have tried to add the account using eas.outlook.com and m.outlook.com and m.hotmail.com and no joy so far.
    04-02-18 09:31 PM
40 12