Really dislike the new Inbox or whatever it's called. Having a lot of issues with Textra compatibility. None of my outgoing texts are showing in the inbox anymore. Also, when I tap on a text message in the inbox, it does not take me to the specific text I clicked on, it takes me to the textra inbox. Then I have to find the text in the inbox.

Also, I can no longer long tap a phone number to text that number.

Anybody else having isses?
    07-20-19 12:13 PM
    Sent text message no longer appear in Inbox; this feature was removed due to Google restrictions.

As for message list re-direction vs message specific redirection, it works OK in BlackBerry devices but breaks after a while.

I can imagine that on a none BlackBerry device it either doesn't work at all or break more often.
    07-20-19 12:58 PM
    Why would Google restrict that feature? That seem punitive for using a non-Google app.
    07-20-19 01:16 PM
    Why would Google restrict that feature? That seem punitive for using a non-Google app.
    https://android-developers.googleblo...anges.html?m=1

BlackBerry's request for a rarely given exception was denied.
    07-20-19 01:38 PM
    Google determined that any access to the SMS and Dialer applications posed a security breach.
    07-20-19 01:45 PM
    absolute joke

they need to make their own native sms app!
    07-20-19 02:02 PM
    absolute joke

they need to make their own native sms app!
    That would be ridiculously expensive as an OEM. The regulatory hurdles are endless.

That's why Google Messages is now default on LG, Motorola, Sony, HTC, ZTE, Micromax, Nokia, Archos, BQ, Cherry Mobile, Condor, Fly, General Mobile, Lanix, LeEco, Lava, Kyocera, MyPhone, QMobile, Symphony, Wiko, and Android One devices.
    max-bb likes this.
    07-20-19 02:12 PM
    That would be ridiculously expensive as an OEM.
    How though

The infrastructure must be simple ? So many sms apps out there....
    07-20-19 02:13 PM
    How though

The infrastructure must be simple ? So many sms apps out there....
    A pre-installed app by an OEM has to abide by all the various carrier and regional regulations around the world. This is a monumental and costly challenge.
    07-20-19 02:17 PM
    This issue has taken away a significant benefit of the Inbox. being able to see everything in one place. so, there's no way to have sent text messages show in our hub anymore?
    07-20-19 06:07 PM
    This issue has taken away a significant benefit of the Inbox. being able to see everything in one place. so, there's no way to have sent text messages show in our hub anymore?
    No.
    07-20-19 06:24 PM
    Damn. That sux.
    07-20-19 06:30 PM
    Damn. That sux.
    Send your thank you to Google.
    07-20-19 06:50 PM
    Sent text message no longer appear in Inbox; this feature was removed due to Google restrictions.

As for message list re-direction vs message specific redirection, it works OK in BlackBerry devices but breaks after a while.

I can imagine that on a none BlackBerry device it either doesn't work at all or break more often.
    On the Galaxy S9, if you click on the message in the Inbox the first time, it takes you to the message in Textra. Anytime after that, clicking on the same message brings you to the main app conversation list.

Even if you already went straight to the message and read it another way, like from the app icon on the homescreen, if you later go into the Inbox and click the message, it will still take you into the message, as it should.

So it only brings you right to the message if it's the first time you clicked on the entry in the Inbox.
    07-20-19 07:08 PM
    yes, very annoying.
    07-20-19 09:07 PM
    Total horse sh1t!
    07-21-19 05:00 AM
    there are so many apps in playstore that need access to sms log, sometime an app could easily read number text inside sms, in the wrong hand that could be used to sniff OTP code authentication that comes in sms. so yeah thanks google LOL
    07-21-19 05:43 AM
    there are so many apps in playstore that need access to sms log, sometime an app could easily read number text inside sms, in the wrong hand that could be used to sniff OTP code authentication that comes in sms. so yeah thanks google LOL
    You're right, but I had hoped the HUB would have been granted an exemption like a few others did.
    chain13 likes this.
    07-21-19 06:18 AM
    You forgot TLC........just kidding
    07-21-19 11:16 AM
    Seems I'm not the only one pissed about all this.
    07-21-19 11:56 AM
    Seems I'm not the only one pissed about all this.
    A lot of us were extremely pissed when it happened a few months ago. It's basically water under the bridge at this point. I'm on an S10+ now but I still enjoy using the BlackBerry Inbox (and a few other BlackBerry apps) over the stock ones. And with Textra you can have a dark theme which is a nice consistent look and feel across the main communications apps (although the Sammy dialer, which I'm all but forced to use, still has no dark mode....arg!)

If you really want this back you do a factory reset and get the old versions again but you need to prevent updates.
    07-21-19 04:43 PM
    A lot of us were extremely pissed when it happened a few months ago. It's basically water under the bridge at this point. I'm on an S10+ now but I still enjoy using the BlackBerry Inbox (and a few other BlackBerry apps) over the stock ones. And with Textra you can have a dark theme which is a nice consistent look and feel across the main communications apps (although the Sammy dialer, which I'm all but forced to use, still has no dark mode....arg!)

If you really want this back you do a factory reset and get the old versions again but you need to prevent updates.
    Of course the Samsung dialer has dark mode... if you enable night mode
    07-21-19 05:56 PM
    Of course the Samsung dialer has dark mode... if you enable night mode
    True, I meant for the dialer app only. Too bad its not a setting. Not really crazy about having the entire phone in dark mode all the time just to have the dialer that way.
    07-21-19 06:57 PM
    True, I meant for the dialer app only. Too bad its not a setting. Not really crazy about having the entire phone in dark mode all the time just to have the dialer that way.
    Right I see what you mean.

But since the screen is AMOLED, it would help a little bit with battery life
    07-21-19 07:11 PM
    No Dark mode for the Sammy reply to emails either. I have everything dark on both a key2 and an S10 - when that reply email body pops up its pretty blinding.
    Also, I wonder if they changed the Hub name to Inbox because its no longer y'know... a proper hub, without the full list of texts (to and from).
    08-30-19 03:56 PM