I was in the Play Store and brought up the Hub... interestingly there is a video explaining the Hub to prospective users... but it's done on a dtek50. Now this is what I call BlackBerry marketing .... What to say.
    05-15-18 12:18 PM
    I was in the Play Store and brought up the Hub... interestingly there is a video explaining the Hub to prospective users... but it's done on a dtek50. Now this is what I call BlackBerry marketing .... What to say.
    Few that stumble upon the video would know what it is.... and probable wiser to show it working on a generic slab than on a PKB.

BlackBerry Marketing... they are out of the consumer business. I doubt they expect many consumers to buy the Suite.
    05-15-18 01:07 PM
    Few that stumble upon the video would know what it is.... and probable wiser to show it working on a generic slab than on a PKB.

BlackBerry Marketing... they are out of the consumer business. I doubt they expect many consumers to buy the Suite.
    I'd joke that they were never in the consumer business to start with.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-15-18 01:08 PM
    They probably made the video with the current all-touch Android at the time to show that it's not just for a BlackBerry, but still wanted to show it on a BlackBerry. It wouldn't hurt them to update it with views of the KEYone and the Motion.
    05-15-18 01:13 PM
    I'd joke that they were never in the consumer business to start with.
    I am afraid you are right. But it's really obvious that very little attention has been paid to phones and software. That said I see much more potential if there is attention to detail.
    05-15-18 01:41 PM
    I am afraid you are right. But it's really obvious that very little attention has been paid to phones and software. That said I see much more potential if there is attention to detail.
    My local theater has a big banner about turning off cell phones... it shows a BlackBerry. They have had it up since the theater opened in 20010. They would probable be wise to change that banner to show what most people today think of as a smartphone. Why don't they.... because a new banner would cost money and really not change the message.

Swapping out a Motion for the DTEK50... would gain them what?
    05-15-18 01:50 PM
    My local theater has a big banner about turning off cell phones... it shows a BlackBerry. They have had it up since the theater opened in 20010. They would probable be wise to change that banner to show what most people today think of as a smartphone. Why don't they.... because a new banner would cost money and really not change the message.

Swapping out a Motion for the DTEK50... would gain them what?
    Fair comment. But your theatre is not selling phones..
    05-15-18 02:43 PM
    The BlackBerry Hub is excellent and better than most email apps on the market. They are crazy to not better market it to consumers.
    05-16-18 05:30 AM