Not new to Android but new to the whole assistant thing and trying to figure out if it will be useful.

Can you set assistant to default to a non Google Account?

At the moment it is restricting as I can't use to sync calendars, tasks to work account and won't use any other apps to create emails etc other than G Suite apps so seems pretty pointless...something I'm not seeing or is the assistance just focused on Google?
    07-20-17 07:39 AM
    I've tried it before, but I seem to recall it wants chrome installed, and I disabled chrome.
    07-29-17 03:36 AM
    The whole Google Assistant is not very useful in my opinion. Perhaps I am too old for this but speaking to my phone just feels too much, especially when there is people around.....it is so baked into Android that it is nearly impossible to get rid of unless you install some button control apps which is again, taking more resources from an already limited memory etc.
    07-29-17 02:28 PM
    I used Cortana for a while on my Priv. It syncs with Outlook fairly well.
    07-29-17 11:06 PM
    The whole Google Assistant is not very useful in my opinion. Perhaps I am too old for this but speaking to my phone just feels too much, especially when there is people around.....it is so baked into Android that it is nearly impossible to get rid of unless you install some button control apps which is again, taking more resources from an already limited memory etc.
    For me personally, I find Google Assistant to be extremely useful! I use it to:

1) quickly translate words to different languages
    2) quickly search phone numbers and hours of local businesses
    3) find the nearest gas station
    4) text while i'm driving
    5) quickly navigate home from where ever I am by saying "navigate home"
    6) set timers, reminders, alarms, and calendar entries

and if you want to get rid of it, just disable it.. OR if you just want to get rid of the "home" button launching of Assistant without disabling the app, go into your "default apps" (on the KEYone it is Settings --> Apps --> Cog icon at upper right --> Assist & Voice input and clear it.
    08-02-17 11:41 AM