Greetings,

The Google Maps icon appears twice on the home screen. I would like to remove (but not uninstall) the duplicate app icon.

Is this a problem with BlackBerry Launcher?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    KEY2 BBF100-2 ABY271
    07-04-19 01:50 PM
    Greetings,

The Google Maps icon appears twice on the home screen. I would like to remove (but not uninstall) the duplicate app icon.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    KEY2 BBF100-2 ABY271
    You can remove one or both of the home screen icons and it won't affect the installation of the app.
    ShaneGoodman likes this.
    07-04-19 02:01 PM
    I removed the duplicate app, and I was surprised that it didn't affect the duplicate app.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    07-04-19 02:10 PM
    I removed the duplicate app, and I was surprised that it didn't affect the duplicate app.

Thanks,
    Shane.
    "Remove" might be the wrong terminology being used for those who don't know. All its doing is moving it from home screen to app drawer basically. Not affecting the app at all.
    07-04-19 02:12 PM
    I agree. BlackBerry Launcher only gives you two options: "remove" and "disable". Adding a third option ("uninstall") would make things more clear.

Shane.
    07-04-19 02:16 PM
    I agree. BlackBerry Launcher only gives you two options: "remove" and "disable". Adding a third option ("uninstall") would make things more clear.

Shane.
    Uninstall is available from the app drawer. I am assuming its a deliberate design preventing accidental uninstallation.
    07-04-19 02:24 PM

Shane.
    It does give option for uninstall rather than disable for any app that isn't a Google or system app. If you click on a any other app, it will show remove and uninstall. Just doesn't show it for Google Maps because its a pre-loaded Google/OS app. Can only disable those.
    07-04-19 02:49 PM
    Greetings,

Thanks,
    Shane.
    KEY2 BBF100-2 ABY271
    Icons on the home screen or only links to the app they are not the apps themselves.

You can remove any link but selecting the remove option but be warned the uninstall option will uninstall the disabled option will disable either one will affect the app and your duplicate links will be gone because the app is gone or disabled.

For what do you want simply remove and that is all you need to do
    07-04-19 02:56 PM
    Thanks for all the feedback.

Shane.
    07-04-19 02:58 PM