Does the Blackberry Hub email app (or the base Android Marshmallow 6.01 operating system) use OAuth email technology, which supposedly encrypts the email addresses and passwords of email users.

I ask because if it does not use OAuth, ATT says I should change my Hub email password for my ATT email account to a 16 digit/letter "secure mail key" provided by ATT.

ATT is my main email provider and their web-based email service is JV'd with Yahoo. Yet, Yahoo and AOL are getting married and apparently will use OAuth email technology for "better security." On my laptop, Outlook 2010 email is not OAuth, so dropping my ATT emails into Outlook 2010 will soon require the use of the "secure mail key" 16 digits long and supplied by ATT in my Outlook 2010 email set up.

The ATT website states Android devices with Lollipop 5.0 or above, using Gmail, Outlook Mobile, or the Yahoo Mail App, definitely use OAuth but it is silent as to the Blackberry Hub.

Are there any other ATT users out there who have had to put up with this pain in the (neck)? ATT has promised to disengage from the Yahoo-based email platform for about a year now, but that seems to be about as valid as the assurances from Blackberry that the Priv would get the Nougat update.
    05-17-18 07:55 PM
    Does the Blackberry Hub email app (or the base Android Marshmallow 6.01 operating system) use OAuth email technology, which supposedly encrypts the email addresses and passwords of email users.

I ask because if it does not use OAuth, ATT says I should change my Hub email password for my ATT email account to a 16 digit/letter "secure mail key" provided by ATT.

ATT is my main email provider and their web-based email service is JV'd with Yahoo. Yet, Yahoo and AOL are getting married and apparently will use OAuth email technology for "better security." On my laptop, Outlook 2010 email is not OAuth, so dropping my ATT emails into Outlook 2010 will soon require the use of the "secure mail key" 16 digits long and supplied by ATT in my Outlook 2010 email set up.

The ATT website states Android devices with Lollipop 5.0 or above, using Gmail, Outlook Mobile, or the Yahoo Mail App, definitely use OAuth but it is silent as to the Blackberry Hub.

Are there any other ATT users out there who have had to put up with this pain in the (neck)? ATT has promised to disengage from the Yahoo-based email platform for about a year now, but that seems to be about as valid as the assurances from Blackberry that the Priv would get the Nougat update.
    AOL made a major change, being part of Oauth, a company, not related to open authentication at all. They changed their imat settings which will cause things to crash into an invisible solid wall. If you encounter problems, get the POP3 settings and manually configure your account that way, and your e-mail should sync like it usually does.
    05-21-18 12:23 AM
    OAuth is the security system, and Oath is the company.

We do not currently support OAuth for Yahoo or AOL email, just Google. Yahoo Oauth is a feature we'd like to have in the future. In the meantime, it is a good idea to generate an Application Specific Password. Even though it's long and annoying, you should only have to enter it once, and it is somewhat more secure than using your "real" password. If your device is lost or stolen, you can revoke the app specific password, and if you lose it (eg, reinstall Hub), you can always generate a new one. You're not supposed to memorize it or write it down.
    05-23-18 10:55 AM