@LiamQ

While creating the on/off controls for the swipe down and double tap gestures provide for much desired relief for many of us, as you know we are still greatly affected by the word prediction swipe up phenomenon.

Until and if it ever gets resolved (which I think at some point even you lowered our expectations on the matter), can you please consider adding a toggle to turn this feature off as well?

This should add further relief as the user will develop muscle memory to tap predicted words rather than swipe them only to continually hit a wall which interfere with the flow of typing.

This will leave us with swipe back to delete and page scroll which all work as intended!

For your consideration.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    07-31-19 04:21 PM
    Yes, please do! It is a great annoyance and embarrassing when having to compose quick emails, texts and replies! This would be very well recieved.
    07-31-19 04:25 PM
    You find that you're accidentally swiping up and selecting a prediction that you didn't mean to select?
    07-31-19 04:32 PM
    You find that you're accidentally swiping up and selecting a prediction that you didn't mean to select?
    Not only that but often times I swipe only to receive no feedback at all.
    07-31-19 05:05 PM
    If we add another toggle, there's really not much left. You may as well just disable keyboard gestures entirely at that point.
    07-31-19 05:15 PM
    If we add another toggle, there's really not much left. You may as well just disable keyboard gestures entirely at that point.
    Well there will be screen scroll and swipe to delete which works as intended.

Word Prediction Swipe Up literally poses the risk of unwanted words insertion which can be embarrassing at times, more specifically when text isn't proofed before it is sent.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    07-31-19 05:18 PM
    No toggle required, just Pie update .
    RK_BB likes this.
    07-31-19 05:24 PM
    No toggle required, just Pie update .
    Maybe @LiamQ can comment on that. We have two different BlackBerry Mobile CSR from two different regions suggesting that Pie should resolve this.

Your take?
    07-31-19 06:07 PM
    @LiamQ I have some reversed thoughts on this and a possible identification of a software conflict that you might be able to expose pertaining to the predicted word swipe up recognition; please focus on the word 'UP' as you read through my thesis:

The word predicted swipe up experience vary between apps noticeably; some apps work better than others though none are perfect.

I recently started noticing a difference in up/down page scroll quality between using the keypad to using the screen; as I gave more attention to this experience and started dissecting the difference I noticed that sometimes, the capacitive keypad needs to be "woken up" in order to scroll the page up (physical swipe motion = UP, similarly to the predicted word gesture motion). This happens rather frequently in apps that has in-screen windows like Instagram and Reddit. Sometimes in-screen method is recognized and sometimes it isn't in which case the keypad needs to be "woken up".

In and of itself this is the exact same flawed experience we have with the predicted words swipe up experience though we give it less consideration given screen scroll doesn't necessarily have a specific desired output and re-scroll is something we continually do with long pages.

In essence, the keypad doesn't recognize the swipe because "it is not sure" what it is doing, scrolling or swiping, in-screen or not.

That said, it is quite possible that the Android and PKB driver combination are the issue and I am wondering what would the experience be like if it was possible to disable PKB screen scrolling! If by doing so word prediction swipe up experience become flawless then we reached to the root cause of the issue and identified the conflict.

It is worth noting that word prediction swipe up on the screen is absolutely flawless. That further substantiate a driver / hardware combination issue.

May I please ask that we test this thesis by issuing a Beta with PKB screen scroll controls? If we turn it Off and receive a flawless word prediction swipe up experience then we solved the issue and basically the user have to choose between the following:

1. Screen Scroll
    2. Predicted Word Swipe Up
    3. Accept that sometime the keypad needs to be "woken up"
    Crusader03 likes this.
    08-02-19 04:07 PM
    Yes, it happens quite often. A toggle would nullify this most annoying occurrence. We would still be able to select the word with a word press. Thank you,
    08-02-19 04:14 PM
    @LiamQ I have some reversed thoughts on this and a possible identification of a software conflict that you might be able to expose pertaining to the predicted word swipe up recognition; please focus on the word 'UP' as you read through my thesis:

The word predicted swipe up experience vary between apps noticeably; some apps work better than others though none are perfect.

I recently started noticing a difference in up/down page scroll quality between using the keypad to using the screen; as I gave more attention to this experience and started dissecting the difference I noticed that sometimes, the capacitive keypad needs to be "woken up" in order to scroll the page up (physical swipe motion = UP, similarly to the predicted word gesture motion). This happens rather frequently in apps that has in-screen windows like Instagram and Reddit. Sometimes in-screen method is recognized and sometimes it isn't in which case the keypad needs to be "woken up".

In and of itself this is the exact same flawed experience we have with the predicted words swipe up experience though we give it less consideration given screen scroll doesn't necessarily have a specific desired output and re-scroll is something we continually do with long pages.

In essence, the keypad doesn't recognize the swipe because "it is not sure" what it is doing, scrolling or swiping, in-screen or not.

That said, it is quite possible that the Android and PKB driver combination are the issue and I am wondering what would the experience be like if it was possible to disable PKB screen scrolling! If by doing so word prediction swipe up experience become flawless then we reached to the root cause of the issue and identified the conflict.

It is worth noting that word prediction swipe up on the screen is absolutely flawless. That further substantiate a driver / hardware combination issue.

May I please ask that we test this thesis by issuing a Beta with PKB screen scroll controls? If we turn it Off and receive a flawless word prediction swipe up experience then we solved the issue and basically the user have to choose between the following:

1. Screen Scroll
    2. Predicted Word Swipe Up
    3. Accept that sometime the keypad needs to be "woken up"
    Yes this has been an issue from the beginning. Since we had bigger issues to solve it has been on the backburner. It is time to tweak this in order further approximate the BlackBerry experience we all know and support.
    08-02-19 04:27 PM
    @LiamQ would appreciate your feedback to my thesis in post # 9

Thank you!
    08-05-19 11:13 AM
    @LiamQ new keyboard update today. Anything to do with this thesis by any chance?
    08-08-19 03:15 PM
    @LiamQ new keyboard update today. Anything to do with this thesis by any chance?
    No, sorry. This beta update is just addressing a complaint from users of the Cangjie input method for Traditional Chinese.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-08-19 03:20 PM
    No, sorry. This beta update is just addressing a complaint from users of the Cangjie input method for Traditional Chinese.
    Got it. Thank you.
    08-08-19 03:21 PM
    Sorry but I'm disappointed with the pace of development and pushing them out to beta users particularly for keyboard app.

Random capitalization in between sentence is still there especially when there are words not of English.

There is no customization for look and feel. Also with displays going edge to edge, it is difficult to use keyboard unless we have some black non use area in the keyboard.

Please please it's a big request to you and the team to update it with useful features and fix the basic issues that are there from a long time.
    08-09-19 01:48 AM
    @LiamQ I am constantly getting unwanted predicted words insertions.
    08-09-19 09:51 AM
    @LiamQ FWIW, today I was on the hunt to find my next device. It's been over a year since I got my K2 and the capacitive keypad issues aren't addressed by the device maker and TBH its becoming less & less tolerable.

With no news on a K3 and complete silent on the prospects of a Pie upgrade that supposedly would address the matter (according to two CSR's in two different regions), unless another keyboard app tweak is added there would be no other alternative but to move on from the K2 and hope for a better future at some point. I am not the only one with this thought, I assure you.

I know you have done your best so far and thank you for introducing the cursor mode and SYM VKB toggles! It was way over due and provided for much relief.

That said, getting unwanted words randomly inserted as I type is not only frustrating but can end up unprofessional on my part as it opens the door for sending undesired content.

I therefore kindly ask you to please issue a keyboard app beta that allow turning off predicted word swipe up so that we can put this behind us for once and for all.

Thank you and have a great weekend!
    08-09-19 09:51 PM
    Bang on. I am so frustrated I am now trying to use a Passport to bridge until I select my next device. Disappointing to say the least. The Passport PKB is perfect! It can't be this hard.
    08-09-19 09:59 PM
    Any update for us? Keyboard seems to be a low priority app now.

Last update I believe was 2 months or so ago.

09-16-19 10:26 PM