Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I searched here and found this issue reported on BB10 on someone's Q10. I used to have a Q10 but I get this problem now on my KEYone BBB100-1 SE PRD-63116-001 Oreo 8.1

The thing is, if you long-press the date header in the Hub message list, go to the three-dot overflow menu, and select to delete all previous messages, there is a pop-up that says the messages will only be deleted on Hub and left on server. My general Hub setting for deletion is to delete both and that is what I would hope to have for delete all previous.

"Delete prior messages" only deleted on Hub, not server-screenshot_20180917-054717.jpg
    09-17-18 08:18 AM
    Looks like an issue on KEY² as well.
    I just discovered while trying to delete old emails from Search.

This thread should be moved under Android Apps and BlackBerry Hub related
    11-30-18 05:41 PM
    As far as I know the reason they disabled deleting multiple emails and syncing the action to the server by selecting the date to mark prior messages is because this potentially can select too many emails and cause an unwanted deletion.

Not a bug, at least as far as I know but perhaps @max-bb or @LiamQ can clarify
    11-30-18 06:08 PM
    This is definitely not a bug -- it's planned behaviour. This was confirmed quite a while ago ( I couldn't locate the thread quickly). We may/may not agree on whether it is what we would like, but it is what it is. I adapted by using the swipe to delete for triage... and just doing so a little more frequently.
    11-30-18 08:08 PM
    Definite not a bug. Most people wouldn't want to delete a month's worth of emails from their server indiscriminately. My guess is the designers were more concerned about preventing an accidental mass deletion than frustrating someone who really wanted to mass delete emails on the server from their handset.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-30-18 10:13 PM
    Disregard..
    Last edited by TheBond; 12-01-18 at 01:02 AM.
    11-30-18 10:47 PM
    Most people wouldn't want to delete a month's worth of emails from their server indiscriminately.
    What part of my post suggests that I would indiscriminately delete a month's worth of emails from the server?

I described having to, first, long-press a date header, second, open a menu, and, finally, tap "Delete prior", which results in a confirmation dialog. You might find it expedient to cast me as stupid but I don't find that assessment particularly relevant. Here's a thought: How about making the pop-up be a final warning about the consequences of the action? Beyond that, life's tough; live and learn. Again, perhaps @max-bb or @LiamQ can clarify.
    12-02-18 08:52 AM
    What part of my post suggests that I would indiscriminately delete a month's worth of emails from the server?

I described having to, first, long-press a date header, second, open a menu, and, finally, tap "Delete prior", which results in a confirmation dialog. You might find it expedient to cast me as stupid but I don't find that assessment particularly relevant. Here's a thought: How about making the pop-up be a final warning about the consequences of the action? Beyond that, life's tough; live and learn. Again, perhaps @max-bb or @LiamQ can clarify.
    I apologize if you think I was talking about you. You clearly know what you want. I was referring to the developers' decision when designing the app whether to allow such a mass delete feature.

Remember that the Hub's functionality was inherited from BBOS, and the corporate IT people who were BlackBerry's primary stakeholders never wanted their users to delete anything by mistake because they'd have to recover it. BBOS's "Delete Prior Messages" function was also local-only.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-02-18 12:19 PM