I have had it with the crap calendar app and it not syncing with Google Calendar events.. I love the Hub email, but the calendar sync bug has persisted since the Android 6.0 days..

The worst thing is that it's intermittent.. If you set up the phone from a fresh wipe it will sync the first time and stay synced for a while and then eventually it just randomly stops syncing.. You can delete and re-add accounts (which is a while other can of worms: don't ever delete the calendar before the inbox otherwise the calendar will complain that you can't re-add your account because it already exists), but this procedure is not guaranteed to work..

The Google Calendar app works perfectly and in fact, if it is installed on your device, the Hub calendar seems to work just fine (probably because it is just piggybacking on the Google Calendar's sync)... But if I delete it, then the BlackBerry calendar will always inevitably stop syncing.. So in this case, why the heck am I bothering with Blackberry's useless calendar? I don't use any of the Enterprise features.. Anyone have a compelling reason why I should not just ditch the Hub Calendar and just use the Google version?
    04-06-19 06:45 PM
    Anyone have a compelling reason why I should not just ditch the Hub Calendar and just use the Google version?
    It's your phone, if Google Calendar works better for you then there's nothing stopping you from using it. That's the virtue of having choices available instead of being handcuffed to exactly one app.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-06-19 07:05 PM
    I have had it with the crap calendar app and it not syncing with Google Calendar events.. I love the Hub email, but the calendar sync bug has persisted since the Android 6.0 days..

The worst thing is that it's intermittent.. If you set up the phone from a fresh wipe it will sync the first time and stay synced for a while and then eventually it just randomly stops syncing.. You can delete and re-add accounts (which is a while other can of worms: don't ever delete the calendar before the inbox otherwise the calendar will complain that you can't re-add your account because it already exists), but this procedure is not guaranteed to work..

The Google Calendar app works perfectly and in fact, if it is installed on your device, the Hub calendar seems to work just fine (probably because it is just piggybacking on the Google Calendar's sync)... But if I delete it, then the BlackBerry calendar will always inevitably stop syncing.. So in this case, why the heck am I bothering with Blackberry's useless calendar? I don't use any of the Enterprise features.. Anyone have a compelling reason why I should not just ditch the Hub Calendar and just use the Google version?
    Why do you need convincing?

You can have both calenders installed, and disable all of the notifications for the Google calendar (and then use the BlackBerry calendar), or just use the Google calendar by itself.

For the record, I only have the BlackBerry calendar installed and don't have any syncing issues.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-06-19 07:54 PM

John Chen says not to......
    04-06-19 08:07 PM
    For the record, I only have the BlackBerry calendar installed and don't have any syncing issues.
    Same here... no issues syncing with the BlackBerry calendar.

Bob
    04-06-19 08:09 PM
    Oh? I can delete the Google Calendar? Downsides or is this already covered in one of the de-Googling threads?
    04-06-19 09:18 PM
    Same here... no issues syncing with the BlackBerry calendar.

Bob
    I have the sync issue too which was reported in another thread. I have to have Google calendar installed, otherwise BB calendar will not show the calendar entry from Gmail.
    04-22-19 06:33 AM
    Skip both calendars and use Business Calendar Pro. Much nicer.
    04-22-19 11:53 AM
    I totally agree about BC Pro; however, I also have the intermittent issue. It's only in regards to deleted items. When I delete items from Outlook (I use the GSync Suite) they do not delete from my phone.
    04-30-19 04:37 AM