Using Hub+ services with Hub and contacts apps on a Samsung Galaxy note 3 running Android 5.0.
    When I do a search in my contacts I get always duplicates. Browsing the contacts is fine with no duplicates. I have only one account so only one contacts source (gmail). I even tried the "Duplicates" feature from the three line menu on the top left and there are no duplicates.
    Why are search results always duplicated?
    04-27-17 11:39 AM
    Any ideas on this?
    05-04-17 11:45 AM
    I can't believe that nobody is responding to this ... Is it only me having this issue ?
    Hre are 2 screenshots: These are the results of a search for "John" in Samsungs contacts app (green) and B;ackberry Hub+ contacts app (blue).
    I get duplicates only when using Blackberry's app. Any ideas ? Thanks

Contacts search displays duplicates-samsung.jpg Contacts search displays duplicates-bberry.jpg
    06-23-17 07:42 PM
    I have the same problem on blackberry keyone and priv, can't work out how to resolve. any ideas?
    09-06-17 03:59 PM
    When I first set up my keyone (coming from classic), my exchange email account went haywire in the BlackBerry contacts app and created like 10+ duplicates of each contact and actually synced the duplicates to exchange. That was a bit of a nightmare. It took the contacts app several days before it settled and successfully synced everything between Gmail, exchange, and LinkedIn. Eventually I deleted the duplicates in office365 and the app seems to have sorted itself out.
    09-07-17 12:44 AM
    If whatsapp or any other messaging client is installed and you added contact via those app, they create a contact with same name. I had this issue as well where I had like 3 names of single contact . What I did was
    1. uninstall all apps which had permission to create a account in contacts.
    2. export all contacts to google account
    3. Find duplicates and merge them via google contacts on desktop mode.
    4. once its done you can redownload apps but make sure you don't give them permission to write contacts

Let me know the results .

ps - export contacts to sd card incase you lose it all
    09-12-17 12:06 PM
    honestly the contact app works in some way but I am completely confused by it. I have duplicates everywhere and I am nervous about changing anything.
    09-21-17 11:17 AM
    honestly the contact app works in some way but I am completely confused by it. I have duplicates everywhere and I am nervous about changing anything.
    I copied all contact to one gmail account. Removed all other accounts then when re-adding I did not sync contacts. Then logged in online to the gmail account I copied all contacts to and used the merge duplicates there. Work better then trying to merge in contacts App and much quicker.
    09-21-17 11:32 AM
    I have found this since the KeyONE but believe the contacts app didn't bring across all of the 'join' settings from the Priv.

go through and edit contact and click join, it will join contacts from WhatsApp, BBM, Skype, LinkedIn etc into the single contact.
    09-24-17 08:16 AM