But the app ( BB Manager as APK file which I have saved and stored in my cloud app) itself is still active right?

Even if you re- installing the app and the modified priv apps afterwards on a new android OS platforms and a brand new smartphone, it should and still works 100% right?

Posted via CB10
    The suite is so old, I'm not sure why you would want to encumber a new device with it. But if you have the software already downloaded, it should work.
    04-10-21 11:24 AM
    The suite is so old, I'm not sure why you would want to encumber a new device with it. But if you have the software already downloaded, it should work.
    Thanks. The reason behind it is that I still work with BlackBerry Keyboard, Hub, Hub+, Hub+Inbox, Password Keeper, Agenda as my favorite suite over Google apps on new android devices.

Much cleaner, solid and clearview which I prefer of course.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    04-10-21 11:39 AM
    In fairness though, the BlackBerry Suite is a paid subscription service - kind of like Netflix.

How does offering modded apps (HUB or Netflix) to circumvent paying "not hurt anyone"?
    I find it kind of hard to congratulate a thief...regardless if it hurts the victim or not.
    04-10-21 02:03 PM
    In fairness though, the BlackBerry Suite is a paid subscription service - kind of like Netflix.

How does offering modded apps (HUB or Netflix) to circumvent paying "not hurt anyone"?
    Im speaking of the free Apps not the paid
    04-10-21 05:18 PM
    Im speaking of the free Apps not the paid
    The free and paid apps are the same. It's just that after the trial period, if you don't pay for them, you get ads which still provided revenue to BlackBerry. Cobalt's Manager striped the ad functions out which does technically deny BlackBerry of revenue from those apps.
    04-10-21 05:55 PM
    The free and paid apps are the same. It's just that after the trial period, if you don't pay for them, you get ads which still provided revenue to BlackBerry. Cobalt's Manager striped the ad functions out which does technically deny BlackBerry of revenue from those apps.
    The ads are still annoying as always.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-21 04:40 AM
    The ads are still annoying as always.

Posted via CB10
    Then paying for the product sounds like the solution, no?
    04-11-21 04:45 AM
    Then paying for the product sounds like the solution, no?
    yup
    04-11-21 08:10 AM
    it's really too bad. I subscribe to Hub+, always have. but I use Blackberry Manager as it's the only way to get Notable, which I find very useful...and the keyboard, which I still prefer.
    04-11-21 09:05 AM
    it's really too bad. I subscribe to Hub+, always have. but I use Blackberry Manager as it's the only way to get Notable, which I find very useful...and the keyboard, which I still prefer.
    Very much, we just have to have a wake when it happens with all of BlackBerry.
    Attached Thumbnails Cobalt's Blackberry Manager is dead-dead.jpg  
    04-11-21 04:54 PM
    I find it kind of hard to congratulate a thief...regardless if it hurts the victim or not.
    History.... how much did BlackBerry benefit from what Cobalt did with "hacking" Google Play Store?

I agree that BlackBerry Manager was pure and simple theft of BlackBerry's Apps.... but I don't think it was done without BlackBerry being aware of it. Several of the BlackBerry software developers were here on CrackBerry back when the apps were still being developed for, they had to be aware of Cobalt's thread.

In the end I don't think BlackBerry cared... as I think device sales were going to be the make or break for the App Suite.

Change is BlackBerry is selling off patents and I suspect even the App Suite... which could lead to the new owner investing in it. Either way... free ride is nearing an end.
    04-12-21 08:46 AM
    History.... how much did BlackBerry benefit from what Cobalt did with "hacking" Google Play Store?

I agree that BlackBerry Manager was pure and simple theft of BlackBerry's Apps.... but I don't think it was done without BlackBerry being aware of it. Several of the BlackBerry software developers were here on CrackBerry back when the apps were still being developed for, they had to be aware of Cobalt's thread.

In the end I don't think BlackBerry cared... as I think device sales were going to be the make or break for the App Suite.

Change is BlackBerry is selling off patents and I suspect even the App Suite... which could lead to the new owner investing in it. Either way... free ride is nearing an end.
    Not only were those developers aware of his manager app, Cobalt would directly engage them when there was an issue with the apps.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-12-21 09:11 AM
    Not only were those developers aware of his manager app, Cobalt would directly engage them when there was an issue with the apps.
    Its because the sell off has begun and blackberry is just cleaning up things. They knew all along and did not mind.
    04-12-21 09:13 AM
    In some ways I suspect CrackBerry was a great big beta test bed for those developers....
    05-05-21 08:33 AM
    Maybe Onward Mobility wants the blackberry software to be a major selling point?
    05-10-21 06:19 PM
    Maybe Onward Mobility wants the blackberry software to be a major selling point?
    Nope.

After abandoning the software two years ago, they would have restarted by now if that was the case.
    05-10-21 09:27 PM
    Can somebody share the APKs with us? please
    05-10-21 11:01 PM
    Can somebody share the APKs with us? please
    You can get them from Play Store.
    05-10-21 11:03 PM
    You can get them from Play Store.
    I did get the Backberry manager app. But when I click install on any of the BB apps, it says file not found.
    05-10-21 11:14 PM
    I did get the Backberry manager app. But when I click install on any of the BB apps, it says file not found.
    Delete all Cobalt stuff and get the Suite from Play Store instead.
    05-11-21 04:16 AM
    Didn't you post this same complaint in Android Central and basically received the same answer? The answer isn't going to change between forums.
    Follow Conite's advice.
    05-14-21 03:42 PM
    In the other forum it was the BlackBerry keyboard apk I think that was being searched for.
    Paul Reichert likes this.
    05-14-21 03:50 PM
    In the other forum it was the BlackBerry keyboard apk I think that was being searched for.
    To use it to install the keyboard if my memory serves me correctly. Of course I can just pop over there and verify but is here.
    05-14-21 04:50 PM
    Well poo, this is disappointing to read. I've been hoping BlackBerry would let us have the keyboard or pay for it too, and I've been using this in the mean time while paying for Hub+. Maybe time to let it all go since BB is doing the same.
    Many thanks to you @Cobalt232 for giving away your great work.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    05-18-21 07:16 PM
    Well poo, this is disappointing to read. I've been hoping BlackBerry would let us have the keyboard or pay for it too, and I've been using this in the mean time while paying for Hub+. Maybe time to let it all go since BB is doing the same.
    Many thanks to you @Cobalt232 for giving away your great work.
    I have the BB Keyboard on my Pixel 4a and it works just fine.
    05-19-21 05:48 AM
128 1234 ...