Hi there, i'm missing some features in the BB Calendar app on Android. I come from webOS so perhaps i just haven't found them so far:

* Select workweek to show only MO-FR implemented in 1.5.5.

* keyboard usage inconsistencies:
    ** in calendar search (s) there is no scrolling by keyboard gesture after having found multiple events --> seems to be fixed in Calendar version 1.2.1.10166 by pressing [ENTER] after searchterm
    ** when going to a day (g) it is not possible to enter day | mon | year by keyboard numbers (e.g. in days it would be a lot faster to type 31 then to scroll from 15 to 31.) -> usecase: type following without stopping: 31012016[ENTER] to jump directly to 31th of Jan 2016
    --> seems to be nicely worked around in Calendar version 1.2.1.10166 by implementing a fast scrolling Minical with weekday display - NICE BB
    Last edited by gizmo21; 09-10-17 at 03:34 PM.
    01-13-16 10:42 AM
    * Another thing i noticed is no option to add an recurring event as "Monthly on the last day". I known there's also no option in Google Calendar website, but i have this option in webOS and it works great there also for Google accounts.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 02-01-16 at 05:53 AM.
    01-17-16 01:36 PM
    * Reminder can only be set to 1 week ahead (Google or exchange account).

It would be nice if one could add e.g. 6 month to cancel a contract right in time but only have to enter the eventdate once and not the date it terminates AND the date i have to act to cancel/refresh it on time. Or same thing with coupons...

Google calendar webview let's you at least set 4 weeks, why is that cut down without reason:

Calendar missing features?-screenshot_2016-02-01-12-57-05.jpg

On my webOS device i had even the option 52 weeks. Even for Google and Exchange accounts (the managed to use xxxxx minutes i think)

I'm wondering a bit where the aura of productiveness=BlackBerry comes from, if even the most obvious things are not implemented. Can this be done in BBOS10?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 02-01-16 at 06:04 AM.
    02-01-16 05:53 AM
    * Event account (or account subcalendar fixed on same account in nov2016 update) not changeable after first creation: after having created an event the calendar account is fixed so you have to delete and completely re-create same event with new account.

If you want to know how it is done, look at acalendar+ in playstore or again at webOS (http://m.webosnation.com/move-calend...tween-accounts).

Can this be done in BlackBerry OS10?
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12-01-16 at 04:03 PM.
    02-01-16 09:09 AM
    Hi, I have tried to create CalDAV and CardDAV accounts - and when I manually enter the server information, I am being prevented from entering an @ character.

(I have tried to trick it with a paste from a copy made where I could enter the @, but no joy.)

Our company users the FastMail service, and the server address for both of these servers is in the format of:

Server Address: caldav.messagingengine.com/dav/principals/user/[email protected]

It is unnecessary to prevent the @ character from being used within the server address field... is anyone aware of this being reported to Backberry already or a possible workaround?

Thanks!
    02-02-16 02:04 AM
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...g/td-p/3162247

icemanswimmer
    Super Contributor
    Feb 2
    Hi Gizmo,

Thank you for the feedback, we'll try to share this to the right people

Great day!

Ice
    BlackBerry Elite Support - BlackBerry PRIV
    02-03-16 02:46 AM
    * Syncing in Google accounts sometimes doesn't work (even 2 days) without hitting the "sync now" button. Happens mostly to events changed on Web Frontend after initial created events are already synced to priv.

New events get synced instantly, but if i delete and event or change title it sometimes stays the original synced way until i hit the sync button.

Can only tell this for Google account (in my exchange atm not enough eventchanging) which is only added in hub and Gmail sync disabled.
    02-23-16 12:40 AM
    awesome list, would love to see all of this implemented
    02-23-16 02:23 AM
    Another missing feature is the status "Out off Office" for the availability Status.

Right now for "Show me as" there are only the Options: Busy, Available, Tentative.

Appointments which are created in Outlook with the Status "Out off Office" show on the BB Calender as "Tentative". After editing the appointement on the Priv, it shows also in Outlook as "Tentative".

This is very disturbing since it is a huge difference between Tentativ and Out off office, and should be corrected as soon as possible. On BB10 this works fine.
    02-24-16 01:10 AM
    I set appointments often for 1/2 hour. It would be very nice to have the ability to set 1/2 hr in the calendar settings as the default.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-24-16 03:19 AM
    Just curious, is there the option of syncing Facebook events (via the fb app) to the calendar?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-24-16 03:32 AM
    Is there any way to reply email with appointment, like in BB10?

Passport SE
    02-24-16 04:39 AM
    * Another missing feature is to set a variable "remind later"-time in the notification instead of just beeing able to push "remind later"-button in the notification and some kind of standard-time is used. was fixed at least with times up to 60min

Example of variable (+/- to change) snooze minutes in webos-notifications, should be possible with android notifications too:
    Calendar missing features?-snooze_variable_times.jpg

Or see aCalendar+ notifications come up with snooze button called "zzzz Popup" that allows at least 5min up to 1:30h notification-snooze.

* And this. Was fixed already:
    Isn't there anyway for Reminders/Warnings to be PERSISTENT? For instance: Doc's appt is for 4pm this afternoon. I have the reminder set to, well, remind me 3 hours in advance. So at 1pm, the reminder pops up. If I'm away from my phone when a warning comes due I don't see it. All that remains is one of those little Splats at the top with all of those other little splats. Lost in the abundance of splats is the reminder of the Doc's appt at 4pm.

In BB10, the reminder's prompt box is still front and center when I walk back to the phone and wake it up. I can then snooze, dismiss or even open it and easily change the reminder for ONE HOUR before appt.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12-01-16 at 04:06 PM.
    04-21-16 06:14 AM
    BlackBerry Calendar options in MM seem now equal to in BB10. Can't remember what it was in Lolipop but this is a great calendar that integrates well with hub and contacts.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-21-16 07:02 AM
    BlackBerry Calendar options in MM seem now equal to in BB10. Can't remember what it was in Lolipop but this is a great calendar that integrates well with hub and contacts.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    So you tell us any of those feature request here in this thread is working in MM now - e.g. can you change an events calendar after creating it in a different calendar now?: http://forums.crackberry.com/search....&starteronly=1

If not, it's not useful posting bb-fanboy posts - most of us are here, but there can always be parts that could be implemented better.
    04-21-16 07:29 AM
    When an advanced reminder pops up, I want to to PERSIST as it does on BB10. Not as a vague little "splat" at the top of the screen lost amonst all those other little splats. I want it front and center. I also "re-want" the ability of open the event immediately and reset the Reminder to a bit later (I also want the more thorough time intervals we had in bb10) rather than having to EDIT the event and scroll down to the reminder time.
    gizmo21 and CoreyGmaN like this.
    04-21-16 09:36 AM
    When an advanced reminder pops up, I want to to PERSIST as it does on BB10. Not as a vague little "splat" at the top of the screen lost amonst all those other little splats. I want it front and center. I also "re-want" the ability of open the event immediately and reset the Reminder to a bit later (I also want the more thorough time intervals we had in bb10) rather than having to EDIT the event and scroll down to the reminder time.
    There's an app for that ,hold on

Edit http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1064526

Looks like you already know lol
    04-21-16 09:38 AM
    There's an app for that ,hold on

Edit anyway to change calendar notifications? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Looks like you already know lol
    Unless I'm doing something wrong (quite possible) that app disappeared.

I also tried MS' NEXT but it almost doubles the work to unlock the phone!!!
    04-21-16 12:12 PM
    updated Post #1 as bb seem to have fixed something: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12206757
    04-26-16 09:58 AM
    * Calendar with new update 1.2.1.10166 on L now missing pop-up widget dots, so no more pop-up calendar - WHY ?

Update odd thing is the widget IS there, but the dots left the icon.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06-15-16 at 04:02 AM.
    04-26-16 10:53 PM
    * Calendar with new update 1.2.1.10166 on L now missing pop-up widget dots, so no more pop-up calendar - WHY ?

Update odd thing is the widget IS there, but the dots left the icon.
    Still on Lolly. My Calendar has the 'three dots" and they work.

Do your other apps still have the dots? Maybe you need to re-enable them.
    04-26-16 11:32 PM
    Still on Lolly. My Calendar has the 'three dots" and they work.

Do your other apps still have the dots? Maybe you need to re-enable them.
    Hhm OK, yeah the other apps had dots so I did a restart again and they reappeared on calendar again.

Notice to brain: restart device after every update on android - thought android could deal without permanent restarts. Feels like Windows...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-16 12:19 AM
    Another missing feature is the status "Out off Office" for the availability Status.
    Thanks - we've got this on our roadmap and are hoping to add it to a coming release.
    04-30-16 11:50 AM
    I set appointments often for 1/2 hour. It would be very nice to have the ability to set 1/2 hr in the calendar settings as the default.
    Have this one on our roadmap as well, thanks for the feedback!
    04-30-16 11:50 AM
    Have this one on our roadmap as well, thanks for the feedback!
    Any chance you are working on having the current date show in the icon as opposed to the 31?
    04-30-16 12:13 PM
122 123 ...