More than two dozen times a day I share web-site links trough my Opera browser: 3 dots top right corner>Share>Hub>Choose recipient>send. Some guys complained that they never are able to click on any hyperlinks that I send them to their "Mail" on their, in this case, 3rd generation iPads (iOS 10.3.3). Links are not clickable for them and they need to copy the link, open Safari, and paste the link to open it. Not very productive.

I haven't heard any complaints from other people.

I did some tests.

Links are clickable in "Mail" on regular desktop iMac's/laptops.
    Links are clickable in any other mail programs on any other computer/ smartphone.

I found out that before sending the aforementioned people any links that I need to click on the three dots in the top right corner of the compose screen within the Hub, and choose: "plain text format". I will then see the pop-up saying: "Changing to Plain Text will remove the HTML formatting for the entire message or thread".

Only then the links I send become clickable again.

Manually copying the website address from the browser and pasting it to a new email and then send it does not make any difference. Links remain unclickable for them.

Issue: I need to remember what people use which devices so that I can manually change to "plain text" when sending links.

I hope this can be solved somehow by proper coding or if not, could somebody tell me (in the meantime) a way to bypass/disable HTML formatting all together and send "plain text only"?

It is getting old having to manually change to "plain text only" all the time.
    11-08-17 06:56 AM
    More than two dozen times a day I share web-site links trough my Opera browser: 3 dots top right corner>Share>Hub>Choose recipient>send.
    What if you share link through any other Browser in the same way? Are the results the same?
    (sorry if I misread your examples)
    11-08-17 10:29 AM
    What if you share link through any other Browser in the same way? Are the results the same?
    (sorry if I misread your examples)
    Hello Turtle,
    I just tested it using another mobile browser: Chrome in this case. Three dots in the top right corner>Share...>Hub>Email address>Send. Unfortunately, links remain unclickable for the recipient.
    11-08-17 11:37 AM
    Hello Turtle,
    I just tested it using another mobile browser: Chrome in this case. Three dots in the top right corner>Share...>Hub>Email address>Send. Unfortunately, links remain unclickable for the recipient.
    Followed your steps using Opera to myself.
    Received email on my PC running Outlook.
    Link for the web page I sent is clickable.

So, I'm thinking the recipient's mail client may not like the way it is being sent? What mail client(s) are they using? Can they receive mail through webmail or some other client to test with you?
    11-08-17 01:35 PM
    Followed your steps using Opera to myself.
    Received email on my PC running Outlook.
    Link for the web page I sent is clickable.

So, I'm thinking the recipient's mail client may not like the way it is being sent? What mail client(s) are they using? Can they receive mail through webmail or some other client to test with you?
    Turtle, thanks for your effort, but I'm sorry, I've answered all your questions in the openings post. Not sure if I can describe the issue any better than I already did.

Older portable iPads (not sure about older iPhones?) with iOS 10.3.3 using "Mail" do not receive clickable links when send by me through Hub. Other computers and portable devices (whatever the platform or browser) seem to get clickable links. When changing my mail to "Plain Text Format" within the Hub, only then links become clickable for persons with said devices.
    Last edited by WT44; 11-08-17 at 05:00 PM.
    11-08-17 02:02 PM
    Maybe this is an issue on the recipient side? Maybe the mail client on 10.3.3 does not render the html mail properly...
    11-09-17 12:17 AM
    Most mail clients will scan incoming HTML email messages for URLs, but I'm not surprised that some mail clients choose not to. Hub could theoretically add the HTML to make the URL into a link, but we don't currently support that.
    11-09-17 10:36 AM
    Hello Liam, thanx for chiming in here.
    For a second I thought the two updates were tackling said issues. but this CSS thing is probably about something else.

Bug: links shared via HUB not always clickable unless "plain text format" is chosen.-screenshot_20171110-182628.jpg

Most mail clients will scan incoming HTML email messages for URLs, but I'm not surprised that some mail clients choose not to.
    I have to confess, I don't know much about terminology, and I also have little knowledge about "HTML/CSS mail" and what not, but HTML email or whatever the Hub is using that is causing what I mentioned in the openings post, is not a mainstream way of handling mail and thus not widely accepted by all mail clients?

I would think Apple's program "Mail" is not just "some" small mail client, but probably one of the biggest and most important mail clients there is.

I would thus say it is quite troublesome and unprofessional looking for a Hub user, if that Hub user must again and again hear from recipients (with in this case Apple iPads + "Mail") that they cannot click on the links that were send to them.

I don't even know why the default email the Hub sends removes the clickable hyperlink and what makes this HTML mail better compared to before, because until like 3-4 updates ago, the Priv had no issue whatsoever to send anybody mails with clickable links. So, something must have changed in the Hub. I, for one, don't see the benefits for this new way of handling mail by the Hub.

Hub could theoretically add the HTML to make the URL into a link, but we don't currently support that.
    What would be the disadvantages in supporting this and making links clickable again for all recipients again?

So I guess, for now, the only solution is to keep a journal on who uses an iPad to read email and then send mail by "Plain Text only"? It's not very convenient for all parties concerned -which must be a huge bunch of people considering the amount of portable Apple devices.

BTW: I have not tested if links are clickable for recipients using Apple's "Mail" and having newer Ipads or iPhones.
    11-10-17 12:08 PM
    For a second I thought the two updates were tackling said issues. but this CSS thing is probably about something else.
    Yeah, it's unrelated to your complaint.

I have to confess, I don't know much about terminology, and I also have little knowledge about "HTML/CSS mail" and what not, but HTML email or whatever the Hub is using that is causing what I mentioned in the openings post, is not a mainstream way of handling mail and thus not widely accepted by all mail clients?
    HTML email is quite mainstream these days. HTML email allows you to include bold, italic, font size changes, colours, etc. in email.

I don't even know why the default email the Hub sends removes the clickable hyperlink and what makes this HTML mail better compared to before, because until like 3-4 updates ago, the Priv had no issue whatsoever to send anybody mails with clickable links. So, something must have changed in the Hub. I, for one, don't see the benefits for this new way of handling mail by the Hub.
    I don't think Hub changed in this area. If there was a change, it might have been from Apple.

Hub doesn't remove the clickable hyperlink. The problem is that Hub doesn't add the clickable hyperlink.

What would be the disadvantages in supporting this and making links clickable again for all recipients again?
    I'd like to see Hub make the links clickable. It's work on our side to do it, and it's not a trivial thing to do.
    11-10-17 01:30 PM

I don't think Hub changed in this area. If there was a change, it might have been from Apple.
    I asked some of my colleagues who don't get these clickable links from me anymore, and they said, that they haven't received and/or didn't download any iOS updates when the issue begun, and they're absolutely sure about that. Only thing I know is that since December 2015, when I first got the Priv, and maybe 2-4 months ago tops, something has changed that made the links I send through the Hub non-clickable all of a sudden. It would only be logical to think that an Hub update could be the culprit (maybe the introduction/change of some HTML thing in one of the last few updates?). The Opera browser that I have been using all this time to share these links hasn't got an update either, so it can't be because of this app either. But the latter has been established already, since sending links through the share option using Firefox, Chrome or Edge give the same results. Whatever it is, the non-clickable links is something of the last 2-4 months or something that started after one of the last few Hub updates.

Hub doesn't remove the clickable hyperlink. The problem is that Hub doesn't add the clickable hyperlink.

I'd like to see Hub make the links clickable. It's work on our side to do it, and it's not a trivial thing to do.
    OK, thanx for the explanation. I'm just very glad to know that we have the same likes in this matter.

It sounds like it potentially is as hard as adding a "bounce function" to the Hub?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...nction-1076376
    11-15-17 03:42 PM
    My wife just got the iPhone X and I can't send her working links also. I had to share the link to the Outlook app and send from there in order for it to work. I did send to a Blackberry Passport from my Android HUB and it worked just fine though.

The problems seems to be purely apple related.
    11-24-17 02:58 PM
    My wife just got the iPhone X and I can't send her working links also. I had to share the link to the Outlook app and send from there in order for it to work. I did send to a Blackberry Passport from my Android HUB and it worked just fine though.

The problems seems to be purely apple related.
    Passporter, if you're composing an email then just hit the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on: "plain text format" before sending an email to an Apple device, then the links become clickable for that person. Your method seems to be even more tiresome than my workaround LOL.

I did not expect this issue to happen when sending to newer Apple devices also.

A huge amount of people use iPhones/iPads nowadays, and to continue to hear from colleagues that they can't open my links or that I have to ask dozens and dozens of people if they are perhaps using Apple devices (and why I need to know it) for receiving email, comes across as a bit unprofessional from my part to be honest.

I still do not know what exactly changed since for the first one and a half year or so I could send clickable links from my Hub to any Apple device.
    11-28-17 10:18 AM
    Passporter, if you're composing an email then just hit the 3 dots in the top right corner and click on: "plain text format" before sending an email to an Apple device, then the links become clickable for that person. Your method seems to be even more tiresome than my workaround LOL.

I did not expect this issue to happen when sending to newer Apple devices also.

A huge amount of people use iPhones/iPads nowadays, and to continue to hear from colleagues that they can't open my links or that I have to ask dozens and dozens of people if they are perhaps using Apple devices (and why I need to know it) for receiving email, comes across as a bit unprofessional from my part to be honest.

I still do not know what exactly changed since for the first one and a half year or so I could send clickable links from my Hub to any Apple device.
    Thank You. I have been trying it as you said and have had no problems there after. It is annoying having to remember how to send an email to certain people with apple products and I don't expect Blackberry to fix anything soon.
    For a software company they really S**k at it.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-19-18 at 09:37 PM.
    12-23-17 06:02 AM
    @LiamQ I was offline for some time so I couldn't respond earlier, but I just wanted to mention that I already got feedback some time ago from many of my email recipients, that the subject matter has been fixed. I don't know if something changed from BlackBerry's/TCL software side and when exactly, but it seems fixed now. Emails with links send with the KeyOne can be opened. If you guys changed something: Thanks. If not, I wonder what has changed in that case that it now works?
    03-30-18 02:01 PM
    Emails with links send with the KeyOne can be opened. If you guys changed something: Thanks. If not, I wonder what has changed in that case that it now works?
    It's likely that Apple fixed this in their software.
    03-30-18 03:06 PM