1) I experience rather often app crashes when entering company names into the google maps search field on top of a new contact. Mostly not on first try but when I correct company names or try different naming schemes/citynames..., to find the correct one in the google presented list, the contacts app often crashes completely giving me the option to report the bug (which I rather not want as there is really much data sent to whom ever).

But I guess this can be reproduced.

2) On top sometimes when I edit a contact I have no [V] button display on top to acknowledge the saving of the contact. If I press in the upper left I saves but the icon is missing. Perhaps it is when adding an emailadress from browser (FF) to an existing contact.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-13-17 at 12:26 AM.
    02-26-17 01:19 AM
    It's mostly when selecting EAS account to save data of contact - no it's also on local and google. And can be reproduced by entering in company search field with double space (to autotext a point) and delete chars and add chars quickly.

I have several screenshots I could send to BlackBerry devs if needed, but atm I know no "replacement" for Cody who is responsible for Contacts (andrewkBB is calendar and Ken Wallis is Launcher/search).
    I would also provide exact search term if it can't be reproduced.

NullPointerException in ArrayAdapter.java createViewfromResource line 401

Or

NullPointerException in PlaceAutocompleteAdapter.java getView line 135

Or

IllegalStateException in ListView.java layoutChildren line 1573
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-13-17 at 06:15 PM.
    02-26-17 03:34 AM
    Crashes are still there after March 2017 updates .
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-13-17 at 12:24 AM.
    03-11-17 11:12 AM
    Crashes are still there after update.
    Go into device settings, Apps and scroll to the Contacts app, and clear cache, then back out, Force Close, and open the Contacts.
    03-11-17 02:16 PM
    Nope, after cleaning cache and force close same crashes on same lines of code.
    03-11-17 05:50 PM
    Nope, after cleaning cache and force close same crashes on same lines of code.
    Hmmm. Do you have another contacts app installed? Could be causing conflicts. Are all of the required permissions checked active? Is Modify System Settings allowed?
    03-13-17 08:11 AM
    No extra contact app and all settings OK. I really think it is an error caused by this google filled list.
    03-13-17 04:36 PM
    When you get the crash, could you choose the Report option and include a description of what triggered the crash? If you add "From gizmo21" in the report, that will also be easier for us to tie the crash back to this thread.
    03-13-17 05:04 PM
    @LiamQ: Well as I said I would rather not want to send that much of information to google. If you tell me how to get the crash information out in text form (even via commandline if possible) I would really like to send it to [email protected]

I have several stacktraces as screenshots if those would be a beginning.

Are you from BB?
    03-13-17 06:06 PM
    Here is a new one in PlaceAutocompleteAdapter.java at line 135:

Bug and crashes in Contacts-1489446729186.jpg
    Bug and crashes in Contacts-1489446739430.jpg
    Bug and crashes in Contacts-1489446746964.jpg

Have more of the others mentioned in post 2.
    03-13-17 06:12 PM
    Thanks @gizmo21. I haven't been able to reproduce the crash, but I have a speculative fix in code review for the PlaceAutocompleteAdapter.java case. If you're still able to reproduce the other cases, a full stack trace would be helpful. The screenshot that you posted works for sharing the stack trace; you can also find it in "adb logcat" if you have adb installed.

(I manage development for a bunch of the Hub+ apps at BlackBerry.)
    gizmo21 and Event4izon like this.
    03-14-17 12:17 PM
    On further investigation, I have a better fix that should cover all the crashes that you experienced when typing in the business search field.
    gizmo21 and Event4izon like this.
    03-14-17 02:56 PM
    Thx LiamQ, which apps exactly do you cover (I know Contacts now and I assume Hub from postings)? I'm asking so we can adress the problems to the right BlackBerry guys:

Contacts, Hub: LiamQ
    Calendar: Andrewkbb
    Password Keeper: mrbbsecurity
    Notable,Launcher, device search: Ken Wallis

We still need someone to adress the gap smcv left here for camera.

Sent you another stacktrace via PM.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-14-17 at 03:59 PM.
    Uzi and Event4izon like this.
    03-14-17 03:36 PM
    Hi everyone,

Contacts has become completely unusable for me with the most recent version. It crashes immediately upon opening. I tried clearing the cache and force stop, but no change. Also rebooted, no change. Anyone else experiencing this? And any ideas for a possible solution?

Thanks!
    07-25-17 08:12 AM
    Hi everyone,

Contacts has become completely unusable for me with the most recent version. It crashes immediately upon opening. I tried clearing the cache and force stop, but no change. Also rebooted, no change. Anyone else experiencing this? And any ideas for a possible solution?

Thanks!
    I sideloaded the prior version of BlackBerry calendar to overcome this issue. It's the new beta version that crashes on opening. On Samsung phones anyway.
    Last edited by Centerman66; 07-26-17 at 07:55 AM.
    MusicMtl likes this.
    07-25-17 09:26 AM
    I sideloaded the prior version of BlackBerry calendar to overcome this issue. It's they new beta version that crashes on opening. On Samsung phones anyway.
    That's exactly it, beta version on Samsung. Good to know that it's a known issue and that I'm not alone. Will look into sideloading previous version. Thanks!
    07-25-17 10:00 AM
    Just received the latest update - problem fixed!
    PHughes likes this.
    08-03-17 06:28 AM
    Just received the latest update - problem fixed!
    I am having what sounds like the same problem - when I search contacts it crashes "app stopped working"

Google Pixel
    Android 8.0.0
    Hub+ latest download from googe play store (subscribed) - can I get a newer version/fix?

Def'n a hub issue - wiped phone 3x, Problem persisted from previous version to android 8

when using Gmail to connect to exchange contacts works fine, install hub and it breaks.

Is a business phone, no extra apps installed - just HUB+

I tried other apps but I really love my hub!

Let me know if you need any other info

any ideas?

thanks, John
    12-08-17 08:47 AM