Hi @LiamQ - Pretty crappy feature if you ask me; if I want to swipe a word and add ING or S or ED to the end, I get a phantom space in-between. If I hit backspace, I start deleting the root word letters bc the phantom space "doesn't exist" yet. I've also noticed some times the space doesn't insert itself after I start typing, anyways.

FIX THIS BUG because I'm not buying the buggy update as being full of "features" that 1) aren't noted as part of the release notes, and 2) are highly inconsistent in their application and occurrence.

Thanks!
    I could be wrong but with the last update (released a few days after the last), now after u flick or tap ur prediction it won't make a space but u can start typing ur next word or make ur own space first then start typing. Its better than the first release in my opinion.
    05-27-19 10:57 PM
    I could be wrong but with the last update (released a few days after the last), now after u flick or tap ur prediction it won't make a space but u can start typing ur next word or make ur own space first then start typing. Its better than the first release in my opinion.
    ...that's the problem: I don't want a space to appear when I start typing after swiping if it isn't already showing! If I swipe a word, say "want" and then try to make it "wanted" by adding an "-ed" or "wanting" or "wants" etc. I can't do that easily like I could before. by adding a space after swiping I could simply delete the space and add the remaining letters, but now I can't--the space does not show, but if I start typing additional letters, THEN it magically appears, meaning I now have to delete two characters--first the letter I wanted to add, and then the space that suddenly appeared. Before, 99% of the time I wanted the space, and the app was smart enough to automatically delete it if my next tap was for punctuation; now, however, I get a space whether I want it or not, but trying to delete it when I don't means I'm instead deleting the letters of the word I wanted, having to re-type the last one before continuing on.

This is asinine.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-28-19 12:56 AM
    ...that's the problem: I don't want a space to appear when I start typing after swiping if it isn't already showing! If I swipe a word, say "want" and then try to make it "wanted" by adding an "-ed" or "wanting" or "wants" etc. I can't do that easily like I could before. by adding a space after swiping I could simply delete the space and add the remaining letters, but now I can't--the space does not show, but if I start typing additional letters, THEN it magically appears, meaning I now have to delete two characters--first the letter I wanted to add, and then the space that suddenly appeared. Before, 99% of the time I wanted the space, and the app was smart enough to automatically delete it if my next tap was for punctuation; now, however, I get a space whether I want it or not, but trying to delete it when I don't means I'm instead deleting the letters of the word I wanted, having to re-type the last one before continuing on.

This is asinine.
    I gotcha. I re-created ur "want" example. I guess the way I use type and use predictions it wouldn't happen per se or not too often but I can understand wut ur saying.

Not saying it's not a big deal but I would rather deal with this one small bug than all the other bugs like the cursor moving all over the place when inserting letters and mashing words together, etc. But that's just me :-)

Best of luck ;-)
    05-28-19 01:05 AM
    I gotcha. I re-created ur "want" example. I guess the way I use type and use predictions it wouldn't happen per se or not too often but I can understand wut ur saying.

Not saying it's not a big deal but I would rather deal with this one small bug than all the other bugs like the cursor moving all over the place when inserting letters and mashing words together, etc. But that's just me :-)

Best of luck ;-)
    I've never had any of those problems. Given the choice, I'd rather have this bug than endure extreme poverty and famine, but just because there are worse things out there in this world doesn't mean my problem of this new bug pretty much breaking the Blackberry Keyboard app for me after years of total satisfaction is any less valid.
    05-28-19 01:23 AM
    I've never had any of those problems. Given the choice, I'd rather have this bug than endure extreme poverty and famine, but just because there are worse things out there in this world doesn't mean my problem of this new bug pretty much breaking the Blackberry Keyboard app for me after years of total satisfaction is any less valid.
    Exactly. U didn't have ALL THOSE problems that made a lot of "us" dread typing on our brand new KEYone's and KEY2's for the past 2 years. And I wasn't trying to make ur point any less valid but for us that dealt with multiple worse bugs for that long...this small bug u have is an ant when compared to a family of Wolf spiders ;-)
    05-28-19 01:31 AM

This is asinine.
    This is exactly what I was trying to describe. Thank you.
    The new surprise trailing space makes no functional sense. Now when using predictive typing, you can not make words plural as simply as before. Instead you get a nice big surprise of a trailing space and then only after that, comes the letter you typed to try and make a word plural. BlackBerry keyboards have never had this behavior before for very good reason. It makes editing harder, not easier.
    strongoxman and ppeters914 like this.
    05-28-19 08:24 PM
    I am 'glad' that I am not the only one experiencing all sorts of problems on my Motion.
    Out of place word prediction, unable to recognize Dutch, English or German, emoticons don't pop up at all. And then the stupid behaviour with the space... Can't you guys understand that those who have been using the BlackBerry Keyboard for several years now (6 years for me, when I got my Z10) are used to certain behaviours of the keyboard, and that you just can't change a fundamental behaviour...

I have removed all updates for the BB keyboard, and it is a relief to use the old version...
    Last edited by Koekiemonster; 05-29-19 at 02:26 AM.
    Jake2826 and strongoxman like this.
    05-29-19 01:59 AM
    @LiamQ when are these issues going to be reverted/fixed? I'm not getting the robust emoji suggestions like I used to (yes, it's turned on, but typing "thumb" no longer suggests "������").

I have also now experienced a new bug, where text I cut is no longer stored to the clipboard pane, yet when I just choose to "paste" from the selection pane, the cut text pastes and THEN appears in the clipboard pane.

I would MUCH PREFER having the version prior to the 3 rapid-fire buggy updates.
    05-29-19 01:12 PM
    I have removed all updates for the keyboard.

To the devs: "if it ain't broken, don't mend it..."
    05-30-19 01:44 AM
    I thought there is a problem with me but I saw others have the same issue... Very frustrating... Hope they will remove this nice "feature" very soon...
    06-02-19 12:21 AM
    I went back to the last version before this so-called "feature" was added.
    I did test the new version extensively before going back and I can tell you that the older version that immediately and visibly inserts the trailing space is quicker for editing words to make them plural. There is no doubt about it now, unless the developer team has a secret on how to utilize the new keyboard they are keeping from us. If so, I am all ears.

On the new version, it necessities at least three inputs versus as little as two with the old behavior.
    As an example,
    I swipe up to get the predicted word "update" and it inserts the word plus a space afterwards like so...

The update (space)

But I want to make the word "update" into the plural form "updates" and so all I must do is hit the backspace button once and either swipe again for the plural form that immediately pops up on the predictions, or add an "s"

On the new version, you must delete the "e" , type the "e" again, and then type the "s" or use the new suggestion. That is three steps. So we have gone backwards with the new version. Not an improvement in this regard.

For those of you that want the old behavior back, it seems that the last general release of the BlackBerry keyboard version you want is 3.4.1.16282
    @LiamQBug on BlackBerry keyboard update 4.1904.0.16652-notable-00094.jpeg
    prateek.samtani likes this.
    06-05-19 11:31 PM
    It is a shame that the devs keep quiet now.
    Jake2826 and strongoxman like this.
    06-06-19 04:40 PM
    How do you roll back to the earlier version?
    06-06-19 10:07 PM
    How do you roll back to the earlier version?
    Go into Google Play Store and hit uninstall for BlackBerry keyboard. Then download the version number I posted from this website.

http://apkpure.co/blackberry-keyboard/

I'm having so much fun again flicking words and editing them with the old keyboard programing. They blew it with the new version.
    Koekiemonster likes this.
    06-06-19 10:24 PM
    @Jake2826 a new update reinstating the trailing space was just pushed to Beta!

Check it out. Seem to be working as it used to.
    strongoxman and Jake2826 like this.
    06-07-19 11:26 AM
    @Jake2826 a new update reinstating the trailing space was just pushed to Beta!

Check it out. Seem to be working as it used to.
    Thank you for the news!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-19 11:59 AM
    Thanks for the update. But as long as the keyboard won't support 3 languages again, I will stick to the old version.
    06-08-19 03:28 AM
    It's so nice to have the trailing space immediately inserted again on the new beta just like it always has been in the past. With this behavior, we can again more efficiently add suffixes to root words we swiped up for.

Example :

Swipe up to select the word "efficient" , hit the backspace button, word prediction goes into action and now suggests the word "efficiently" which is what I want, and swipe again. Beautiful.

So glad productivity is back!
    RK_BB likes this.
    06-10-19 01:45 PM
    Thanks for reinstating the old way of the keyboard working - much better.
    06-11-19 05:22 PM
    It's so nice to have the trailing space immediately inserted again on the new beta just like it always has been in the past. With this behavior, we can again more efficiently add suffixes to root words we swiped up for.

Example :

Swipe up to select the word "efficient" , hit the backspace button, word prediction goes into action and now suggests the word "efficiently" which is what I want, and swipe again. Beautiful.

So glad productivity is back!
    What's the version number?
    06-11-19 08:50 PM
    What's the version number?
    Beta version # 4.1904.1.16693
    06-11-19 11:00 PM
    Great to see a few of the changes being either reverted or reworked, this way the keyboard feels much more intuitive to use again.

I'm also once again getting emoji suggestions, very good.
    06-12-19 02:32 AM
    Hopefully, it'll be released soon.
    06-12-19 08:55 AM
    It's a feature, not a bug! The trailing space being left behind was also bothersome to some users (perhaps just those with OCD). Give it a chance and you'll likely find yourself used to it shortly.
    It was mostly annoying in email and username fields as a lot of forms don't accept a space at the end. At least in my experience.
    06-12-19 12:09 PM
    Update is available and works as it should be!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    06-13-19 04:39 PM
52 123