When using the predictive swiping function, a visible space is no longer inserted after the word like before, but when you type a letter, it then does add an unsuspected space before the typed letter. This makes it frustrating to make a word plural. For example, I think that I am going to simply add the letter "s" on to the word "tree" that I just swiped up to get, but instead of now getting the plural form "trees" I unexpectedly get "tree s".

Device is BlackBerry Priv
    @LiamQ
    RK_BB, Bob80220, DWonder and 1 others like this.
    05-23-19 03:24 AM
    I noticed the bug for the first time in the last beta and reported it.
    Rico4you, RK_BB and Bob80220 like this.
    05-23-19 05:18 AM
    05-23-19 10:19 AM
    When using the predictive swiping function, a visible space is no longer inserted after the word like before, but when you type a letter, it then does add an unsuspected space before the typed letter. This makes it frustrating to make a word plural. For example, I think that I am going to simply add the letter "s" on to the word "tree" that I just swiped up to get, but instead of now getting the plural form "trees" I unexpectedly get "tree s".

Device is BlackBerry Priv
    @LiamQ
    Yep... This bug has been reported to @LiamQ so he is well aware of this issue. We are all hoping for a fix for this and the swiping of predicted words issue with the KEY2.

We are always hopeful and remain optimistic that a resolution to these issues will be forthcoming. One would think after 10 months of dealing with the PKB sensitivity issue that BlackBerry Mobile and BlackBerry Ltd could get their collective heads together and figure out why these issues still persist.

Bob
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-23-19 10:30 AM
    It's a feature, not a bug! The trailing space being left behind was also bothersome to some users (perhaps just those with OCD). Give it a chance and you'll likely find yourself used to it shortly.
    05-23-19 12:00 PM
    It's a feature, not a bug! The trailing space being left behind was also bothersome to some users (perhaps just those with OCD). Give it a chance and you'll likely find yourself used to it shortly.
    But that's the thing. It still inserts a trailing space, but it doesn't show it until you type a letter. I still think I have a software bug. Let me explain.
    If I type the word "cat" without the predictive swipes, just using the keyboard, I know I will have to enter a space before I type my next word. It shows no space and I know I will get no space before I type again using the keyboard. But if I type using the predictive swiping, it still shows no space after the word, but it will automatically insert a space before the next letter I type. In other words, I AM FORCED TO REMEMBER if I typed the previous word using swipes or the keyboard to be able to predict the behavior. Sorry, but this is absolutely silly. It takes away confidence from typing because I forget which behavior will go into effect. Lots of us switch back and forth between BB10 devices which don't have this unpredictable behavior. Therefore I have had to revert to the previous keyboard version that I downloaded off the internet. Unpredictability is not a characteristic you want in keyboard software. @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    DWonder and norton666 like this.
    05-23-19 08:05 PM
    i dont want to hijack this thread but ever since the latest update, the UI for predicted words are not showing and if I long press a key it won't capitalize the letter but another UI will pop up on the screen.

suggestions and auto correct won't work either
    05-23-19 09:11 PM
    i dont want to hijack this thread but ever since the latest update, the UI for predicted words are not showing and if I long press a key it won't capitalize the letter but another UI will pop up on the screen.

suggestions and auto correct won't work either
    What is your default keyboard app? Do you have any other keyboard app installed?
    05-23-19 09:18 PM
    What is your default keyboard app? Do you have any other keyboard app installed?
    Please see attached screenshot. I don't have any other keyboard since I want my phone to be as stock as possible
    Attached Thumbnails Bug on BlackBerry keyboard update 4.1904.0.16652-176930.jpg  
    05-23-19 10:01 PM
    Please see attached screenshot. I don't have any other keyboard since I want my phone to be as stock as possible
    Did try to restart the device?
    05-23-19 10:03 PM
    Also, make sure these toggles are set to the On positionBug on BlackBerry keyboard update 4.1904.0.16652-screenshot_20190523-200547.jpeg
    05-23-19 10:06 PM
    I toggled on and off the settings but still the same and I already restarted the device.

when I'm on a textbox, the UI for word suggestion is available but once I hit any key, the UI pulls down and all features of the keyboard is gone
    05-23-19 10:29 PM
    I think my keyboard is now good again. I think the cause was a failed update of the keyboard app.

There was an update available on the play store and I just updated it and it works fine now for me.

Edit;

Okay now the problem suddenly came back.
    Last edited by BoyTanggol; 05-24-19 at 12:21 AM.
    05-23-19 11:00 PM
    I think my keyboard is now good again. I think the cause was a failed update of the keyboard app.

There was an update available on the play store and I just updated it and it works fine now for me.

Edit;

Okay now the problem suddenly came back.
    Are you able to record a video?
    05-24-19 12:55 AM

try to watch it on the link above in full screen
    05-24-19 03:24 AM
    I uninstalled the update now and it works. maybe I'll just wait for another update or something
    05-24-19 03:46 AM

try to watch it on the link above in full screen
    Extremely odd
    @LiamQ
    05-24-19 11:12 AM
    Sorry, we broke Filipino with the release this week. We'll fix it.
    05-24-19 01:08 PM
    Also, make sure these toggles are set to the On positionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190523-200547.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	444533
    Where are these settings?
    05-24-19 03:21 PM
    Where are these settings?
    3rd from the top:

Bug on BlackBerry keyboard update 4.1904.0.16652-screenshot_20190524-132222.jpg
    05-24-19 03:22 PM
    Sorry, we broke Filipino with the release this week. We'll fix it.
    Thank you!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-24-19 05:04 PM
    is there a new update for the keyboard? I see that the latest update date is May 24.
    05-26-19 09:47 PM
    is there a new update for the keyboard? I see that the latest update date is May 24.
    The current version is 4.1904.0.16663

If that's your version you have the latest release
    05-27-19 12:12 AM
    Hi @LiamQ - Pretty crappy feature if you ask me; if I want to swipe a word and add ING or S or ED to the end, I get a phantom space in-between. If I hit backspace, I start deleting the root word letters bc the phantom space "doesn't exist" yet. I've also noticed some times the space doesn't insert itself after I start typing, anyways.

FIX THIS BUG because I'm not buying the buggy update as being full of "features" that 1) aren't noted as part of the release notes, and 2) are highly inconsistent in their application and occurrence.

Thanks!
    Jake2826 and norton666 like this.
    05-27-19 04:08 PM
    [QUOTE=strongoxman;13396284]Hi @LiamQ - Pretty crappy feature if you ask me; if I want to swipe a word and add ING or S or ED to the end, I get a phantom space in-between. If I hit backspace, I start deleting the root word letters bc the phantom space "doesn't exist" yet. I've also noticed some times the space doesn't insert itself after I start typing, anyways.

FIX THIS BUG because I'm not buying the buggy update as being full of "features" that 1) aren't noted as part of the release notes, and 2) are highly inconsistent in their application and occurrence.

Thanks![/QUOTE @LiamQ

Agreed. This new "feature" has slowed my typing. Very frustrating.
    Jake2826 and strongoxman like this.
    05-27-19 04:25 PM
52 123