Since Android obviously isn’t owned by BlackBerry like BB10 was, BlackBerry software on Android is now only limited to what API's Google lets BlackBerry use.

Previous BB10 users using BlackBerry Android have felt functionality limitations pretty hard as even the HUB Inbox has been neutered as per Google's directives. (btw, I still use the old BlackBerry HUB services that lets me have REAL call logs and FULL SMS threads in the HUB inbox).

Since Google is now allowing some very interesting and useful API's for Notification Assistant applications, it only makes sense that BlackBerry jumps on this opportunity to give its users some functionality we lost. We already lost A LOT since we don't have our own OS. Lets take advantage of "Notification Assistant" please!
    @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    10-08-19 08:42 PM
    Since Android obviously isn’t owned by BlackBerry like BB10 was, BlackBerry software on Android is now only limited to what API's Google lets BlackBerry use.

Previous BB10 users using BlackBerry Android have felt functionality limitations pretty hard as even the HUB Inbox has been neutered as per Google's directives. (btw, I still use the old BlackBerry HUB services that lets me have REAL call logs and FULL SMS threads in the HUB inbox).

Since Google is now allowing some very interesting and useful API's for Notification Assistant applications, it only makes sense that BlackBerry jumps on this opportunity to give its users some functionality we lost. We already lost A LOT since we don't have our own OS. Lets take advantage of "Notification Assistant" please!
    @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    What functionality do you believe you can get from these APIs?
    10-09-19 12:40 AM