Since Android obviously isn’t owned by BlackBerry like BB10 was, BlackBerry software on Android is now only limited to what API's Google lets BlackBerry use.

Previous BB10 users using BlackBerry Android have felt functionality limitations pretty hard as even the HUB Inbox has been neutered as per Google's directives. (btw, I still use the old BlackBerry HUB services that lets me have REAL call logs and FULL SMS threads in the HUB inbox).

Since Google is now allowing some very interesting and useful API's for Notification Assistant applications, it only makes sense that BlackBerry jumps on this opportunity to give its users some functionality we lost. We already lost A LOT since we don't have our own OS. Lets take advantage of "Notification Assistant" please!
    @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    10-08-19 08:42 PM
    Since Android obviously isn’t owned by BlackBerry like BB10 was, BlackBerry software on Android is now only limited to what API's Google lets BlackBerry use.

Previous BB10 users using BlackBerry Android have felt functionality limitations pretty hard as even the HUB Inbox has been neutered as per Google's directives. (btw, I still use the old BlackBerry HUB services that lets me have REAL call logs and FULL SMS threads in the HUB inbox).

Since Google is now allowing some very interesting and useful API's for Notification Assistant applications, it only makes sense that BlackBerry jumps on this opportunity to give its users some functionality we lost. We already lost A LOT since we don't have our own OS. Lets take advantage of "Notification Assistant" please!
    @LiamQ

Posted via CB10
    What functionality do you believe you can get from these APIs?
    10-09-19 12:40 AM
    What functionality do you believe you can get from these APIs?
    I recently found a popular app in Google Play store named "Nap" which does a damn decent job of serving as Android OS notification history. Better in fact, then BlackBerry Inbox for Android does. It does not integrate with email accounts, but that was not a requirement for me. I currently use BlackBerry Inbox for my email accounts and Nap for my Android notification history. This combination is the best solution I have had since the fabulous HUB on BB10 which was excellent as a notification history manager.
    11-12-19 03:13 PM
    It would be great if they could to add more compatibility for other Android devices. For example Samsung Edge Lighting notifications would be great with this app.
    11-12-19 10:53 PM
    I recently found a popular app in Google Play store named "Nap" which does a damn decent job of serving as Android OS notification history. Better in fact, then BlackBerry Inbox for Android does. It does not integrate with email accounts, but that was not a requirement for me. I currently use BlackBerry Inbox for my email accounts and Nap for my Android notification history. This combination is the best solution I have had since the fabulous HUB on BB10 which was excellent as a notification history manager.
    Can you send a link to Nap? I cannot see it on Play Store...
    11-13-19 12:33 AM
    Can you send a link to Nap? I cannot see it on Play Store...
    Most likely not available for download from Google Play Store for compatibility issues.
    11-13-19 06:47 AM
    Most likely not available for download from Google Play Store for compatibility issues.
    Wacha' mean?
    11-13-19 09:29 AM
    11-13-19 09:39 AM
    Have any of the BlackBerry developer team posted lately?

With the hardware side going away.... I suspect they are focused on what enterprise customers need from the Suite of Apps.
    11-13-19 09:48 AM
    Wacha' mean?
    Aren’t you running Android 10 or such?
    11-13-19 12:30 PM
    Aren’t you running Android 10 or such?
    I am but haven't run into one app that is incompatible with a forward version...
    11-13-19 12:32 PM
    Na....I don't think that's the app they were referring to.
    11-13-19 12:32 PM
    Na....I don't think that's the app they were referring to.
    That’s same app that I found and was referring to literally called Nap as you described. Help me help you.
    11-13-19 12:47 PM
    That’s same app that I found and was referring to literally called Nap as you described. Help me help you.
    I doubt it's the same app that @Jake2826 was referring to.
    11-13-19 12:53 PM
    I doubt it's the same app that @Jake2826 was referring to.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.nap&hl=en_US
    11-13-19 12:59 PM
    This is it. Thank you!
    11-13-19 01:03 PM
    This is it. Thank you!
    Available for your version? Now you have to critique.
    11-13-19 01:07 PM
    Available for your version? Now you have to critique.
    That it will be my fallback for if and when BlackBerry shelf the Suite of Apps....for now that's the one BlackBerry thing I truly love. Hope they keep developing it for as long as they can....especially Inbox.
    11-13-19 01:15 PM
    That it will be my fallback for if and when BlackBerry shelf the Suite of Apps....for now that's the one BlackBerry thing I truly love. Hope they keep developing it for as long as they can....especially Inbox.
    How does it compare now?
    11-13-19 01:33 PM
    How does it compare now?
    Couldn't tell ya...haven't installed it just yet.
    11-13-19 01:34 PM
    Yea.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=io.leao.nap

Is the correct link. Sorry I'm so late. All your incoming messages from different apps are recorded in it, including SMS, providing you with a consolidated notification history.

BlackBerry Inbox just showed me the last message, not the whole incoming history. So this app saves me time and frustration, by not having to jump into so many different apps just to check on incoming history. Of course you can choose to blacklist the apps you don't want to see in it, like music player notifications. Most everything else I keep in there.
    11-13-19 02:49 PM