On my Priv I did use Nova Launcher (which is awesome), because I did miss some basic features on the BlackBerry Launcher.

However with the KEYone release shortcuts became even more useful. For this reason I want to gather features that the BlackBerry Launcher currently is missing.

# I'm trying to update this post with replies in the thread.

Appearance

Improvements to hiding apps
    Now that we can hide apps, it would be nice to fix some issues related to that feature:

First it would be nice to hide apps in the drawer without hiding them on the homescreen.

Second please allow to hide the app icon without deleting the widgets of the app. No reason for this behaviour as you can manually delete them if you really want to do this.

Assign specific icon for an app.
    One can add icon packs from the playstore but since no icon pack has all apps included, it can get ugly fo the unthemed ones. Missing the opportunity to assign an alternative icon from the pack to an unthemed app, makes the whole feature useless for me.

Adjust the homescreen / drawer grid
    Change number of rows and columns
    from @neil74

Add a BlackBerry Logo for the app drawer icon
    from @craig428

Make the app drawer icon removable
    Related alternatives for opening under Productivity

Resize Icons
    from @danfrancisco

Edit / remove app names beneath the icon
    from @danfrancisco

Add more icons to the dock (adjustable)

Add landscape orientation
    from dpw09

Fix visual bug
    Within app-drawer settings the window for adjusting Handling of device-search is not fully readable on german version (you need to scroll - See screen). It's scale dependent.
    from @Bostil1987

Remove page indicator on homescreen
    Remove the dot above the App drawer circle if you only have one home screen or make it an option regardless of homescreens.
    from @Event4izon

Fresh wallpapers please.
    from @Wmsi

Eliminate header & footer dimming
    from @RK_BB

Correct BBx icon packs
    Would be awesome if the BB10 and BB7 Icon packs could be corrected so they actually contain BB10 and BB7 icons.... I have no idea where the current pack got their icons from, but its sure not from their namesakes.
    from @chetmanley

Show today's date on Calendar icon
    Also see this post from @joeldf

Productivity

Number badges for notifications (countable)

Swipe gestures/shortcuts (on the PKB)
    E.g. swipe down (on the keyboard) to access the notification shade

Add app drawer as an keyboard shortcut

Add Nougat-style app drawer opening
    Swipe up from the dock to open and swipe down within the drawer to close (no need for an icon then)

When on homescreen: double-tap keyboard opens app-drawer
    from @Bostil1987

Swipe gestures from the edge
    from @seletok post #5

Toggle between device search and shortcuts on short press

Also see this post from @RK_BB

Performance

Device search is way too slow to be useful.
    It is an awesome feature giving away its potential in its current form. I have it set to the convenience key as an workaround.
    Also see post #51 from @ToniCipriani

Memory function for launcher setup
    If you boot into Safe Mode and then back to normal, icon positions are lost and most (all) widgets disappear!
    from @FF22

Backup/Restore function
    from @FF22 and @neil74

Widgets

Shown appointments in calendar widget
    Add settings to show only todays or cap upcoming appointments to prevent from being cutted.
    from @Bostil1987 post #36

Other
    Add BlackBerry logo beside network connection indicating data connection (like bb10)
    from @dpw09

Enable "press enter to send" for quick replies from the notification tray.
    Right now it's not very intuitive to have to press the arrow to send the "quick" reply, when it would be much quicker to allow enter to send them. Enter doesn't do anything other than insert a space in the message, so I'm surprised it doesn't work as part of the quick reply feature to begin with.
    from @kyleheney
    Also see post #69 from @RK_BB

Add ability to search for custom app names with device search

Add ability to swap the home/back/appswitcher Nav Bar buttons

Gesture to full screen app switching - I miss this feature from webOS

Also see this post from @gizmo21

Respect hidden nav bars but keep it visible on the home and app screens

Also see this post from @joeldf
    Last edited by apt-get; 10-16-18 at 09:44 AM.
    05-20-17 11:01 AM
    I would love it if the BB launcher could resize the size of the icons as well as the option to edit/remove the app name beneath the icon just like Nova can.
    BigBadWulf and mpokeras like this.
    05-20-17 11:39 AM
    I want backup/restore.

If you boot into Safe Mode and then back to normal, icon positions are lost and most (all) widgets disappear!
    05-20-17 11:42 AM
    I would love it if the BB launcher could resize the size of the icons as well as the option to edit/remove the app name beneath the icon just like Nova can.
    You are right. That was another dealbreaker on the Priv for me. With Nougat I lowered the overall system size on my KEYone which also effects the icons.
    05-20-17 11:57 AM
    In Active Launcher 3 exist the possibility to set the right and left swipe gesture on the homescreen and separately the swipe gesture from the left and right edge of the screen. You have the possibility to set for the left to right gesture (when you are on the homescreen, and not from the edge!!!) to lunch the Hub. And if the Hub is open in the background, the Hub app launch is very quick, and full screen. Sure, not like in BB10, but it is acceptable. Also you have the possibility to set Quick Page for widgets for example. I think it is very handy.
    Is it complicated to implement futures like these in Blackberry Launcher? Or have these any disadvantage in functionality? I think no, and it is very fine!

Is the chance to implement in future updates?[
    BigBadWulf and Bracken81 like this.
    05-20-17 01:28 PM
    1 - Resize icons and change number of rows/columns
    2 - Gestures
    3 - Backup / Restore
    BigBadWulf and mpokeras like this.
    05-26-17 06:00 AM
    Some great suggestions y'all. Keep'm coming! @LiamQ, have you seen this thread?
    05-26-17 10:04 PM
    Some great suggestions y'all. Keep'm coming! @LiamQ, have you seen this thread?
    My team doesn't handle Launcher, but I've passed along the thread to the Product Manager for Launcher.
    BigBadWulf, Uzi and neil74 like this.
    05-26-17 10:09 PM
    My team doesn't handle Launcher, but I've passed along the thread to the Product Manager for Launcher.
    Awesome, thanks! Especially for popping in so quickly.

Are they a CrackBerry member?
    05-26-17 10:22 PM
    Are they a CrackBerry member?
    Yes, they are.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-26-17 10:34 PM
    Yes, they are.
    Sweet! Can't tell you how much it means and is appreciated, to see the interest in user input being shown by BlackBerry.
    05-26-17 10:39 PM
    On my Priv I did use Nova Launcher (which is awesome), because I did miss some basic features on the BlackBerry Launcher.

I want to share my two most desired features (maybe there is even a solution to it):

1. Hide apps in app drawer.
    There are apps like calendar, phone and many more which I access directly without opening the app drawer. So i want to hide them to keep it clean.

2. Assign specific icon for an app.
    One can add icon packs from the playstore but since no icon pack has all apps included, it can get ugly fo the unthemed ones. Missing the opportunity to assign an alternative icon from the pack to an unthemed app, makes the whole feature useless for me.

3. Maybe not directly a launcher concern: Device search is way too slow to be useful. It is an awesome feature giving away its potential in its current form. I have it set to the convenience key as an workaround.

EDIT 4. Please give us number badges for notifications.

EDIT 5. Add swipe gestures/shortcuts (to the PKB) to access the notification shade for example.

What do you think?
    Nova launcher is truly awesome, unfortunately with the KEYone you lose the programmable keys options with it.

Good thread topic and keep the suggestions coming as BlackBerry Mobile is watching the forums
    05-26-17 11:53 PM
    Yes, they are.
    O, IC! @Ken Wallis, we'd love to see you on here
    05-27-17 11:25 AM
    BlackBerry is not going to implement these features, are you in contact with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry is not going to implement these features, are you in contact with BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    We kind of are... did you read all the posts?

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-27-17 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry is not going to implement these features
    Are you on the launcher team, or work for BlackBerry? Otherwise, there's no reason to be so confidently negative.
    05-27-17 11:50 AM
    It'd be nice to a change the app drawer button to the blackberry launcher logo. Seems like it would be an easy improvement.
    seletok likes this.
    05-27-17 11:56 AM
    It'd be nice to a change the app drawer button to the blackberry launcher logo. Seems like it would be an easy improvement.
    Yes. Will be fine!
    05-27-17 01:45 PM
    Why not just use nova?
    05-28-17 10:31 PM
    Why not just use nova?
    The choice between the launcher I love, and the keyboard shortcuts I'm looking forward to, is difficult. As a BlackBerry fan, I of course, want it all.
    05-28-17 11:11 PM
    Why not just use nova?
    Spark notifications.
    05-29-17 01:21 AM
    O, IC! @Ken Wallis, we'd love to see you on here
    I'm here! Sorry it took so long to get back to you all on this.

I love this thread!

Lots of great ideas in here, some of which are already on our roadmap; some are actively being worked on already. Others I am definitely going to track or add to the roadmap.

Please keep the ideas coming!
    Regards,
    Ken
    06-07-17 07:12 PM
    I'm here! Sorry it took so long to get back to you all on this.

I love this thread!

Lots of great ideas in here, some of which are already on our roadmap; some are actively being worked on already. Others I am definitely going to track or add to the roadmap.

Please keep the ideas coming!
    Regards,
    Ken
    Thank you
    06-07-17 10:44 PM
    Seeing again a represantative here, motivates me to post Other ideas :-)

- You are on homescreen: Double-Tap Keyboard (anywhere) would open app-drawer
    - Swiping down on homescreen opens notification
    - bring back hot-keys on app-drawer icon
    - fix slow device search
    - within app-drawer settings the window for adjusting Handling of device-search is not fully readable on german version (you need to scroll - See screen)

and...
    - release Nougat on the old blackdroids

Locking forward to further awesome updates :-) Thanks for your commitment.
    06-08-17 04:39 PM
    Attached the screen, as written above. Only a minor optical thing.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Launcher improvement suggestions-20097.jpg  
    06-08-17 04:41 PM
90 123 ...